Archived do you sign out your pda/walkie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We once went about 3 months without anyone printing new sheets for signouts once the old ones were used. Personally, it's been 18 months since I last signed anything out for PDA/Walkies and that was only because I had to show my trainee how to do it correctly. I did find it interesting last night that when I went to sign out the keys I was given that the key log was MIA.......

we have the sign out policy at our store but i dont sign out either one... i dont sign out the pda because half way through my shift some etl or tl always comes and takes it for someone else anyway... im not going to have my name down there when someone else is using it and could potentially break the thing... and i dont sign out the walkie because idk... theres always a big line in the mornings and i just wanna get in the small room their kept in and get out..... so far this hasnet been a problem...

I'm surprised by all the stores that don't sign equipment. Our AP is hardcore about equipment. The equipment cabinet is in the HR Room as well as the key box. Both are locked at all times and you have to call and LOD to get equipment and you have to sign out everything, Walkies, keys, pda, pdts, printers, everything. They even audit and coach you if you don't sign it back in when you leave.

We're stringent about keys but all the other stuff is 100% FFA. No sheets, no lock and key, no nothin. Used to be kept in the CO vestibule but it was moved next to the workbench PCs in TSC.

They were all over equipment months ago but I kind of started the trend of im wasting time looking for my name card to put in the slot and sign it out. But it sucks now because there is only 2lpdas. And I find pdas laying everywhere lol

My GE decided to start the whole equipment control thing again to prepare us for the MyDevices, but no one else seems to care and now my GE is leaving the store.

I always do because there was a note a while back that said we would be written up if we didn't. I don't really think it's enforced that much because I hardly ever see people's names on the sheets. It's a waste of time if you ask me. Just grab yo shite from the equipment room and go to work. I also think it's cute and funny when some big top dog from Target visits the store and the ETLs keep the equipment room locked. Normally, there is something propping up the door so we can get in the room.

The last sheet that is on the clipboard is from March 2nd. We only signED out walkies. Does that answer your question?

They were all over equipment months ago but I kind of started the trend of im wasting time looking for my name card to put in the slot and sign it out. But it sucks now because there is only 2lpdas. And I find pdas laying everywhere lol
For awhile we did sign out sheets... then quit... then someone came up with the 'brilliant' card idea (it took ten minutes to find your name card because they were all mixed together!) - that didn't last long... every once in awhile an executive will get a wild hair and try to enforce signatures but it always falls by the wayside. Now they are 'locking' walkies in the exec offices which we all have access to. It doesn't make sense. They may as well have assigned every new employee their own piece of equipment and held them responsible.

I would love it if they gave everyone a PDA & walkie when they start. Keep it on you, if you lose it you pay for it. If it needs repair, you get a backup until you get it back from the shop. May be more costly but it would make everyone more accurate & productive, thus saving money in the long run.

We just restarted the process this week, and already after two days the sign in sheet is a total disaster. So, to no one's surprise, everyone stopped bothering.

My stores were hardcore on signing out equipment. For a period of time, we had to call to get the LOD to open the equipment cabinet, but that was a FAIL because it take 10minutes or more for them to come up to TMSC. But then they were all about signing out the equipment. They wanted to know who had what and if it was working properly on return.

If you didn't sign the sheet, you would get a lecture about how much the equipment is and the time it takes to order a replacement.

We are supposed to but I never do. There is no real honest way to actually hold anyone accountable if something comes up missing. It just becomes a he said she said. It would take 100% commitment from the ETLs and they have better things to do than be a PDA police. Same with the locked fixture room. That died quickly as well.

We started signing them out again. Give it a month and we're go back to normal not signing them out.

Keys are always signed out.

For awhile we did sign out sheets... then quit... then someone came up with the 'brilliant' card idea (it took ten minutes to find your name card because they were all mixed together!) - that didn't last long... every once in awhile an executive will get a wild hair and try to enforce signatures but it always falls by the wayside. Now they are 'locking' walkies in the exec offices which we all have access to. It doesn't make sense. They may as well have assigned every new employee their own piece of equipment and held them responsible.
I created a backroom cabinet for our pdas and holsters so they each have their own with their name on it

The store I'm in really doesn't care. The door to TSC is almost always open, even when no one is back there, and the cabinet doors are open so we can get eqipment whenever we need to.

Very different from when I started 2 years ago when everything under the sun had to be signed in/out

Keys are signed in/out. Pdas not so much....depends on which way the wind is blowing that day...They will make us sign them out for a couple of weeks then they stop.

Never sign out my PDA. I also have never scene anybody sign there's out either.
I thought we had to but nobody ever says anything. Several times I pick mine up with the boss standing right there...and walk away.

So apparently our leaders don't sign out their LPDAs. How nice, seeing as they're the ones who have been trying to get us to sign out our equipment.

So apparently our leaders don't sign out their LPDAs. How nice, seeing as they're the ones who have been trying to get us to sign out our equipment.

You don't need to sign out PDAs, they can track the equipment via Workbench. Why you always sign yourself out of any PDA when you hand it off, or leave for the day, it comes back broken, you don't want to be last one logged into that PDA. How we got several flow TMs fired for breaking PDAs. Downside, now when people break one it goes missing and one of us will find it three-six months later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back