Archived family emergncy

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so my grandma is in the hospital for reasons im not allowed to disclose due to respect of her wishes. my dad is out of town so i have to be there with her for anything that should occur so i would have to call out today from work as she just went in the morning. im closing on carts and one of the only few thats capable of doing so properly and it would be my 5th call out of this year. my question is would i have to provide any futher information besides my grandma is in the hospital i cant make it in tonight etc. also cant provide proof as she doesnt disclose any of her medical documents

Just let them know it's a family emergency and disclose only what you want to. If you think you'll be gone for longer then partner with HR to see what you need to do.

Technically they are not supposed to ask the reason why youre calling out. Just say you have a family emergency if they ask why

my prayers to you and your family. if they ask just say its a family emergency and im not gonna be able to make it in click. they shouldn't flack you for it

They don't accept documentation, anyway, so don't worry about that. Five call outs in ten months isn't terrible...unless they are all in the past two months...then they may start getting grumpy.

Go do what you need to do. Your store will be fine without you...it may make someone else's job a little more stressful, but the store itself will go on. It isn't the end of the world.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Family is more important than work - Always!
Target will get by without you pushing in the carts - It might be sloppier then you can do it, but it will get done.

RetailGirl, my store wants documentation from habitual call-outs, but as you said, 5 in 10 mo. is not habitual unless they are clumped together.

Akira, they may sound annoyed when you call to tell them, but it's only because they have to move people around a bit to cover your shift - don't take it personally.

My thoughts are with you in these times of trouble.

Like PinkZinnia said don't take it personally if they seem cranky.
You have to take care of your family, the store will take take of itself.

A girl at my store called in the other day with the same excuse--family emergency. The LOD (real hard-ass, bitchy, always talking about herself or her kid woman) gave her trouble over it and told her "Well, you know your job has been in jeopardy for awhile because of your attendance and we didn't know if we were going to keep you on." The girl has been there for a year now. Not like she's a newbie.
Anyhow, I think that was a real crappy thing for the LOD to do. Anyone going through a crisis does NOT need to hear that their job is on the line. Very bad timing and very bad management skills. I can't wait til I'm outta Target... *sigh*

A girl at my store called in the other day with the same excuse--family emergency. The LOD (real hard-ass, bitchy, always talking about herself or her kid woman) gave her trouble over it and told her "Well, you know your job has been in jeopardy for awhile because of your attendance and we didn't know if we were going to keep you on." The girl has been there for a year now. Not like she's a newbie.
Anyhow, I think that was a real crappy thing for the LOD to do. Anyone going through a crisis does NOT need to hear that their job is on the line. Very bad timing and very bad management skills. I can't wait til I'm outta Target... *sigh*

Such a shining example of Spot management training in action.
You don't motivate people by threatening them like that, especially if they are going through some kind of crisis situation.
All you are doing is creating more problems and hostility.

If, in fact, the TMs job was in danger that is something to talk to them about when they come in next.
There would need to be a formal conversation and some lines drawn.
How anybody thinks comments like that over the phone are the slightest bit productive is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back