Archived Frog Protection-Fraud Protection-aka Chip Card Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

signingminion

WAVing in the air like I just don't care
Anyone else looking forward to this debacle? Walmart already has theirs turned on. Not sure how many more issues this will cause once we get it turned on and the initial couple days going.

It was an enjoyable twenty minutes of off the floor training. But all I really took away from it was that it all about the fraud protection. And then the frog protection/fraud protection commercial starts going through my mind.

oh we have to be trained on this?
Everyone who is register trained I think. They had to be at a certain % by last friday, further or complete by this friday.

Its a 3min video. A online quiz and a quiz from the trainer. We doubled up on the online quiz and answered the other one as a group. Its mostly how to speak to the change in protocol and the fact that if a card has a chip they have to use it and we can't key it for them.

So what do you do if you're register trained but avoid going up to the registers as if they have the plague.

I only ask because I have not heard of this at my store.

So what do you do if you're register trained but avoid going up to the registers as if they have the plague.

I only ask because I have not heard of this at my store.
They will probably train you to bump the % trained.

The list our HR printed included a HUGE list of people that district is counting but who no longer work for us, are LOA or on vacation.

Its important because Target will be implementing them in all our redcards starting with the credit cards in response to the data breach.

I haven't heard a thing about this. Last I heard, the pmt took out the blockers so you can insert your card, but the information said the software update wouldn't be happening until this fall.

The blue lights are on in our card scanners so I assumed they were available for use. But I also avoid cashiering, so haven't heard anything about them from our leadership.

June is the turn on date for functionality. Pmt has turned on the light and should have done some pre testing.

Main thing is that people can't pull the card out until they are told.. Or transaction gets denied/cancelled.

<has relatives outside the US, who laugh that we don't have these cards>

The pmt showed me it when he took out the blocks on them (or "turned on the light" like you all say). You have to push it in all the way, so you feel it catch...you'll know it when you feel it, other wise it won't read it properly.

If a guest has a card with both the strip and the pin and chip, if the guest tries to swipe the card, will it tell them to stick it in under the keypad?

We've had the chip card readers since last August. Originally I heard we were going to start late October of last year. The Walmart;s in my area have been using them since December. It's about time. Almost a year of telling guests that we are just waiting for software update.

This October was the deadline set by MasterCard and Visa. Idk if Discover and Amex are on board but I'm sure of MC and Visa.

The pmt showed me it when he took out the blocks on them (or "turned on the light" like you all say). You have to push it in all the way, so you feel it catch...you'll know it when you feel it, other wise it won't read it properly.

If a guest has a card with both the strip and the pin and chip, if the guest tries to swipe the card, will it tell them to stick it in under the keypad?
It will tell them to insert it, and they have to use the chip if they have it.

It will tell them to insert it, and they have to use the chip if they have it.
It's going to be really annoying for those that have the chip card...because many retailers have the same verifone card readers but only some of them have the chip functionality enabled so far.

So at one place they may swipe it and be told they need to actually insert it...and another place they may insert it and be told that they still need to swipe it.

No mention at my store either. Oh well. Just had a GSA tell me we no longer accept reseller tax exemptions anymore. Almost 3 weeks after it came down from corporate.

No mention at my store either. Oh well. Just had a GSA tell me we no longer accept reseller tax exemptions anymore. Almost 3 weeks after it came down from corporate.
I saw it on Redwire with a date from earlier this week.

I don't even know what red wire is. Other than seeing it mentioned here and being able to use the context of the discussions, apparently it's some sort of corporate communication.

I don't even know what red wire is. Other than seeing it mentioned here and being able to use the context of the discussions, apparently it's some sort of corporate communication.
I knew what it was weeks ahead of my TLs. Just from reading workbench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back