Archived Going from Cashier to GSA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been at Target for 2 years this November (though only 5 months at my current store). One of our new GSA's could be leaving myself soon to go to a better job. I am eyeing her GSA spot because while I'm still at Target I'd like to get consistent hours even with all the BS GSA's deal with. How do I go about this? The LOD's know I know the front end well. Is that good enough or should I tell someone when/if this GSA leaves that I would like that spot? Thanks!

Do your GSTL and ETL-GE know that you're interested in moving up? The front end leadership will often know who they want to promote when there's an opening, so make yourself the person they want to promote. Then when the position opens up, the JAS application may be merely a formality.

Do your GSTL and ETL-GE know that you're interested in moving up? The front end leadership will often know who they want to promote when there's an opening, so make yourself the person they want to promote. Then when the position opens up, the JAS application may be merely a formality.
I have talked to my GSTL once (we don't have a front end ETL). But I will do it again.

Talk to HR. At the store I am in, you have to complete an application and get interviewed with all the other candidates.

I have a question - If someone became a GSA 5-6 months ago and gstl position became available, are they eligible? our gsa was told that she isn't experienced enough (though she knows much more then the gstl who is there now, in fact she trained the present gstl for everything on the front end). She was denied an interview, yet they are interviewing other people in the store who know nothing about the front end. I would at least think that she would have gotten an interview. Ehh, it's probably because the front end ETL doesn't want her as a TL because she knows more then he does and she has called him out on things a few times - not in a loud public way, but she has shown him the way to do things. He is a snake..she is probably better off not getting the job if he is around, but I do feel bad because she knows so much and is very well liked.

Talk to HR. At the store I am in, you have to complete an application and get interviewed with all the other candidates.

I have a question - If someone became a GSA 5-6 months ago and gstl position became available, are they eligible? our gsa was told that she isn't experienced enough (though she knows much more then the gstl who is there now, in fact she trained the present gstl for everything on the front end). She was denied an interview, yet they are interviewing other people in the store who know nothing about the front end. I would at least think that she would have gotten an interview. Ehh, it's probably because the front end ETL doesn't want her as a TL because she knows more then he does and she has called him out on things a few times - not in a loud public way, but she has shown him the way to do things. He is a snake..she is probably better off not getting the job if he is around, but I do feel bad because she knows so much and is very well liked.

Anyone is eligible, if I were here I would tell another ETL (All of them if they like her, or one she feels would fight for her, even alittle) or the one that is on her best side. As much as Target says they do not play favorites, they do and it is very apparent.. I am a favorite at my store and will admit such things straight up.

Unfortunately, it seems like she might be on the wrong side of her ETL.

I am very happy I am not a Front Lanes person as I believe I am TERRIBLE, at selling bullshit.

I will let her know bigEyed..but you are probably right about being on the wrong side of the ETL. I don't know of one person who likes him. He has been heard saying sexist and racist comments. People have complained but when confronted by HR he denies it. (and how do I know this - because nothing is ever kept quiet in our store - swear the walls have ears) I'm sure HR is getting to see the big picture, but all goes so slowly at target unless you blatantly take money or walk of the store with unpaid merchandise.

I've been at my store for 4 years, and every single GSA was chosen before any kind of interview process. They still interview everytime, but it just seems like a formality. I did see two competing people both interview before, but they eventually made them both GSAs after a few months.

Definitely make your desire for the job known. Maybe your GSTL or ETL love you but don't realize you're interested.

For the other story in this thread, I had a similar situation at my store. A girl was made GSA within like 5 months of starting because she was so good. One GSTL and the STL were kind of grooming her for advancement, but the other GSTL (who was actually leaving) and the ETL HR both decided to coach her and write her up for any reason and make her life suck. She ended up quitting.

I'm sure you're not the only one that notices how good your GSA is, but sometimes management just decides to hate people for no reason. It sucks.

I've been at my store for 4 years, and every single GSA was chosen before any kind of interview process. They still interview everytime, but it just seems like a formality.

Not sure I fully understand this. If GSA is still a TM, why is it necessary to interview to become GSA? ie. You don't typically need to go through interviews to change workstation, even if that change would entail a pay raise. I am fairly sure I wouldn't need to do any such thing to change to being Electronics TM, why would I need to do so to be made GSA?

I don't know. Certain TM jobs seem to have interviews. I'm pretty sure becoming a Signing TM requires it. Probably other specialized jobs in the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back