Archived Grocery transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all!

I haven't seen anything on here about the new grocery transition wanted to start a thread to see if anyone has gone through it or started it yet and any tips or advice anyone has

I know my store it's gonna be interesting just presentation TL was recently promoted but the team is pretty decent an our Backroom has been going through some major turnover the past few weeks so were definitely weak there

I'm the CTL so I've been talking to all my vendors trying to have them be prepped for it too and have them come in for some extra manpower I've also been doing as much PTMing as I can along with our srtl

What else are you guys doin to get ready for this?

as crazy as it seems the grocery transition is my favorite .. along with cosmetics lol. i love redoing it.. all the FIFO and finding tons of expired stuff.. only drawback is the aisles wth tons of cans lol.. hate those ones

my CTL doesnt do anything.. we've been doing daily 4x4 walks and spend one day a week in here flexing etc. vendors dont really help except for fritolay

Has anyone had it happen? I'd like to know how it looks, what are some changes to aisles, etc

I looked at our Transition map and literally everything in Dry is switching aisles. I am waiting for our guest survey to tank even more than it already has.

Our dry section is half empty from all the clearance, we haven't started actually tearing stuff down and apart. Not looking forward to the marathon smart huddles after the construction.

Everything switches in my store. Even the physical gondolas move around. It's going to be crazy. Our PTL and ETL Salesfloor have come up with a plan but we will see how well it goes.

I'm not in a store where they're doing the "pfresh optimization" or whatever but almost everything in dry grocery is moving. Should be interesting...

How did PFresh get "optimized"?

Supposedly Target did some studies on how consumers shop for groceries. This "optimization" re-organizes what product works best next to each other and in which order the product on the aisles should go. For our store almost everything moves to different aisles. For example, our beverages (soda, wine, water, etc) are moving towards the last few aisles where before they were in the middle of consumables.

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but frozen pizzas are BOGO this week...

All I know is that it needs to happen soon otherwise I'm gonna lose my mind. All of the transition products are taking up valuable backroom space.

I think we're starting ours within the next week... or we should be. Our plano team is running a little behind. Our Pfresh area had a huge reset about two weeks ago and looks awesome, and they were out setting some stuff in the coolers on Friday. I love the rare times we get a huge grocery transition because some awesome stuff goes on clearance! :)

I just hope they change the aisle with the label strip with two shelves on it that I've been asking to be fixed for months.

Well its day 1 and I had to help Plano finish their set on the first aisle for 1/4th of my shift

- Perishables Assistant.

We're going overnight for ours 6/15! It was supposed to be split into two weeks, but then they just shoved all the hours into one week (500+, ugh). I don't even have enough people to fulfill all those hours!

The optimization is just that a lot of it does actually make sense though for example for my store...

We are moving bread into the same aisle as peanut butter and jelly also that is being moved to the closest aisle of pfresh

Chili is being moved into the same aisle as soup

And some other things like that

And some advice for the problems I saw some of you having like Backroom space and empty aisles...

They go hand in hand so do your best to just keep PTMing those aisles make multiple facings of current product and start to flex out the new items as much as you can just make sure to keep it in the same group of course dressings with dressings and etc.

I've also talke to all my vendors some have been helping with holes in my aisles as we'll but they are ready to come in to help fill the product we have a team the night before set up to demerch all the product and a overnight team will come in to set

Hope this helps

Everything except Cereal is moving at my Store..

We started today... What a mess this week is going to be.

Just spoke to the contractors today ... I have to demerchandise TEN AISLES in one night so that they can move the gondolas over 11 inches. What a nightmare.

Just spoke to the contractors today ... I have to demerchandise TEN AISLES in one night so that they can move the gondolas over 11 inches. What a nightmare.

I arrived at work today to open market, with the Plano team walking out and 15 Flats of repack boxes of Market along the back wall and the main aisle to push

We had a 3 hour Smart Huddle.

That sounds fantastic
lmoud.gif

I arrived at work today to open market, with the Plano team walking out and 15 Flats of repack boxes of Market along the back wall and the main aisle to push

We had a 3 hour Smart Huddle.

That is not a smart huddle that is just pushing and a cluster fuck at that, extra people should have been called in just to help push that.

And don't forget cleaning up the fun things you will find when the gondolas move. My store is hoping to figure where that teriyaki/curry/cat pee smell is coming from we have in one aisle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back