Archived Hello (and help!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody!!! I have orientation on July 14th and I have three questions that I hope one (or more) of you all will be able to help me with :)
1. I was hired on the spot as a GSA (I applied for a sales floor position). Can someone please explain to me what this job is?
2. What should I expect from orientation?
3. Do new members usually start working the day after orientation/how long do new members wait before their first day of training?

Thank you so much for reading this thread and I hope you all have a really great day!!!

Welcome to The Break Room.

Orientation is videos (the anti-union one is great fun), a tour of the store and a paperwork.
Remember to bring you social security, passport, drivers license, or I.D., and birth certificate.

I'll let other folks fill you in on the horrors of being a GSA.
@Flabbergasted @redeye58 @Retail Girl
You're up.

A GSA without extensive knowledge of Target and RedCards?

This is why internal hiring is a good thing...

I wish you all the luck ever!

I'm here! GSA, also known as "Chief REDcard Cheerleader," is a supervisory position in which one gets paid between 50 cents and 1 dollar above minimum wage (the latter only if you're super lucky) to do the exact same job as a GSTL, also a REDcard cheerleader but who gets paid several dollars more an hour than you do. You will be responsible for supervising the lanes & cashiers, driving cheerleading front-end metrics, etc. It varies from stressful to extremely stressful depending on how your store decides to treat GSAs. Mine favors treating us exactly like TLs without regard to the fact that we are paid a totally insulting wage. For example, I am often referred to as a "leader in the building" even though I am not actually a team lead.

Keep us posted on how the job goes for you. It is a very high turnover position for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back