Archived HEYO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I am both new to the thread AND new to Target, but I have been cashiering for about 10 years. I like it, but can get frustrated sometimes...

I have seen and read some of the posts about selling the RedCards, but I still seem to have no luck. I will have my first 8 hour shift tomorrow (3rd shift- had two 4-5 hour shifts so far) and I really want to show my team that I not only have the bubbly personality that they need, but that I CAN sell the RedCards. I have a RedCard of my own (and did before I started working there) and I love it. I tell customers about the 5% and relate it to their purchase, and how they can also save time and money with free shipping online. I still don't seem to have anyone get anything more than a little curious about it. I tell them it isnt a credit card, and it doesnt help. I always end up telling them they can do it online as well if they change their mind.
I used to have to sell Old Navy Credit cards, and that seemed easier, I guess because they got 20% off instead of just the 5%.

Any other suggestions?!

Anyway, I am loving it so far, because my leadership is all really really nice. Some of the experienced people tell me it is all just hit or miss, that people usually know when they come up if they want it or not, but I noticed that there are some other cashiers that get one almost every customer!!! (UGH- I wanna be that cashier!!!)

Again, loving it so far though- glad to be part of a team that is so involved in the community!!!

Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Wish I had more suggestions but there are many threads with great ideas and I'm sure other folks can help.

Welcome to The Break Room! Type Red Cards in the search bar and you'll find an overabundance of threads on the subject.

Hello! If you notice a cashier selling repeat redcards, ask him/her for advice! I wish our store would have huddles with our top redcard "sellers" giving tips/advice! But they like to make us figure it out on our own.

Hello! If you notice a cashier selling repeat redcards, ask him/her for advice! I wish our store would have huddles with our top redcard "sellers" giving tips/advice! But they like to make us figure it out on our own.

I am not a cashier, but after reading all the threads relating to red cards, I think I can comment. I am pretty sure your leaders do not want you to figure it out on your own. That's crazy. If you have a cashier that is slamming it, I would ask in huddle exactly what the top red card seller is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.