Archived How bad is it to not QMOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

Master Thread Maker
I was talking to one of my former coworkers when I popped in to get a few things and he told me straight up there are days when he doesn't QMOS he just throws it away. Part of me wants to let the manager know, but I don't want to get the kid in trouble if it's not a huge huge omg life is going to cease deal (it probably is)

With how jacked up the numbers get, it really isn't a big deal. The inventory systems have been fucked and are getting worse in perishables.

Example: we got a shipment of stone fruit in the other day. Had one case of apricots. According to inventory, we now have 11 cases.

With how jacked up the numbers get, it really isn't a big deal. The inventory systems have been fucked and are getting worse in perishables.

Example: we got a shipment of stone fruit in the other day. Had one case of apricots. According to inventory, we now have 11 cases.
That's what I thought. I remember PFresh at my old store was always just a hot ass mess so I feel his frustration.

Yes PFresh counts get messed up by the FDC but why exacerbate the problem by not qmosing? That's just stupid.

Messed up is an understatement. Despite numerous issues raised with my support, we had an outrageous quarter as far as stock numbers go. We are to the point where we are qmosing extra just to try and minimize the FDC fuckery. Throw away 8 packs of strawberries? Add 50%. Again, despite this effort, numbers are off up to 400%.

Messed up is an understatement. Despite numerous issues raised with my support, we had an outrageous quarter as far as stock numbers go. We are to the point where we are qmosing extra just to try and minimize the FDC fuckery. Throw away 8 packs of strawberries? Add 50%. Again, despite this effort, numbers are off up to 400%.
That sounds incredibly frustrating.
I'm just not a proponent of adding to the problem.

I know AP will look into it if not enough is QMOSed or if too much is QMOSed. There's times when I find a random item outside of my cull in the morning where I'll just toss it without using a PDA or a myDevice, but I would never throw away a ton of stuff without properly QMOSing it.

Not qmosing accurately is a big problem. Numbers might be off, but are they researched regularly? We research every other day (usually after c&s push) in meat, produce, and bakery.

Ap will definitely get involved. It's not a "is OK this time"type conversation either.

During my time as a PA, inventory counts were never too far off. Regular research and accurate qmosing go a long way in keeping shelves full. Purge/locu backstock and research weekly

It was like one basket full and he says it's not often maybe once every blue moon.

I always get sick to my stomach when Qmosing. The amount of food we toss is sickening . However, I would never just throw something away without Qmosing...there are cameras all over the place so we never know who is watching .

Sadly, I don't think anyone who could get the ball rolling on refrigerated/frozen donations at my store has both the time and the inclination to do so. If I see an opportunity to suggest it, I'll take it, though.

At my first store they had one of the ETL's actually tell PFresh they were donating too much food. Like....what...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back