Archived im the market PA do as i say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well this is how he orders tomatoes
Thurs: 4 comes in. 1 to the shelf 3 to back. orders 4 more.
Sat: 4 come in, .5 go up MAYBE ... 3 go to the back result in now 5 in the backroom. orders 4 more.
Tues: 4 come in 1 goes up. 3 to the back resulting in 6 in the backroom. the PA that day choses to order 0 to let it run out.
Thurs: 0 come, and the PA were talking about will freak out because the order was "too small". 5 cases in the back. orders 6 to compensate for small order.
Sat: the other PA works, looks at the pallet of produce and which most 80% goes to the backroom. 0 goes up we now have 10 in the back.

he likely threw his title out there so he could get his way, but also likely doesnt like that ive been a produce manage for a super market in the past, and known how to store the product, where as he, i dont think knows how or even how to ID bad fruit/veggies from good. but hey when something is close to its expire date, he at least puts a 50c off sticker on it.

Small miracles

He boasts about being a PA? Lol. Okay someone needs to calm down Mr. Bigshot over there. When I was just a Market TM, I ran/still run Market I made sure we created a set space for each item in the ambient room instead of a loosely agreed format. I wrote that shit in the steel. The flow team sometimes left bananas and tomatoes in the cooler. I would rain down hell on the Flow and Backroom TL's if they let that happen.

Those fuckers once left an entire fdc pallet sitting outside on my days off...overnight. I was livid when I found out. I think almost all the ETL's heard me that day. I have to run a department with only two persons including myself, my Salesfloor SrTL says I'm already the leader (WOULD BE NICE HAVING THE TITLE AND PAY) so I have to make sure my department isn't running like trash. Market has come a long way, from having a outs and empties on pfresh to being always full with minimal backroom errors.

Your PA is not your boss, we are specialized team members. That's it. If your PA does not know his role and common knowledge about the process he oversees he has failed in his core role. Bring this up to the CTL, if he doesn't listen go above him to the ETL-Food or ETL-Salesfloor.

You could say what is your Paygrade to them? Then, you say that is same Paygrade as me & you are not my boss. Walk away...

Last edited:
Those fuckers once left an entire fdc pallet sitting outside on my days off...overnight. I was livid when I found out. I think almost all the ETL's heard me that day.

I would actually be fired for assault if someone did this and I found out who it was.

Especially if it was one of those fourth-quarter frozen pallets.

Last edited:
YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!

I don't think Steritech would care. Its a food quality issue more than a food safety one.

yeah but he's stubborn as hell. if he was there and heard them say that he was wrong, he'd be fucked, and lost all his arguement leverage.

He boasts about being a PA? Lol. Okay someone needs to calm down Mr. Bigshot over there. When I was just a Market TM, I ran/still run Market I made sure we created a set space for each item in the ambient room instead of a loosely agreed format. I wrote that shit in the steel. The flow team sometimes left bananas and tomatoes in the cooler. I would rain down hell on the Flow and Backroom TL's if they let that happen.

Those fuckers once left an entire fdc pallet sitting outside on my days off...overnight. I was livid when I found out. I think almost all the ETL's heard me that day. I have to run a department with only two persons including myself, my Salesfloor SrTL says I'm already the leader (WOULD BE NICE HAVING THE TITLE AND PAY) so I have to make sure my department isn't running like trash. Market has come a long way, from having a outs and empties on pfresh to being always full with minimal backroom errors.

Your PA is not your boss, we are specialized team members. That's it. If your PA does not know his role and common knowledge about the process he oversees he has failed in his core role. Bring this up to the CTL, if he doesn't listen go above him to the ETL-Food or ETL-Salesfloor.

youre amazing the bolded lines are why, and some of the TMs are afraid of me because of my raining down of hell. the backroom TL loves me because i go after shitty TMs with a vengeance and do not stop until i have collected their tears. YOU DO NOT MAKE ERRORS/BAFLs/GHOSTS IN MY DAIRY OR FREEZER. PERIOD.
oh ive been to the CTL and in our store market is under the ETL LOG ... or so i think. i guess now i gotta hit up the ETL salesfloor. but the CTL thinks he is wonderful because he sets endcaps early. endcaps that dont have half the product on them for a week and a half and look like shit. she likes him because he "owns" market. 9_9

lastly, if you want another laugh, when they gave him his team trainer badge and put his pic up on the "learning mentor" wall he showed that and his badge to people saying, "see all that? it's proof i'm going places." and the TM will says nice good for you, but as soon as he is gone, the jokes start being made.

And if THAT doesn't work, I gots degreaser.
And room in my walk-in.

i dont know what that means. but im willing to learn.

Question that is PA related. On non CNS truck delivery days, when I arrive in the morning, there will be like 1 smaller autofil for me to work on, and then between 4 and 5 other completely full tall racks of food (supposedly backstock) from the truck team the other morning say. NOTHING is getting backstocked. Is this fair? Isnt the back room team supposed to be backstocking the food?Is this right? Should I be working on all of these? Same goes for big pallets and 5-6 other racks in the freezer. I'm the only PA scheduled in the morning. Usually I'll have between 6 hours to get it all done. And usually I can't because it depends how busy the day is, how big the suspect date audit is then our milk pallets usually we get a huge milk shipment. I feel stuff should be getting backstocked to make my job easier.and when I scan the outs and close the batch the back room team member goes in the cooler and puts the stuff I need on a 3 tier.

Communicate to your etl or Ctl on the issues. The answer is, no hours to push them. Then, I will do the best I can with the time I have allowed.

Backstocking is the backroom's problem. Communicate to your TL, the BRTL, and both the ETL-LOG and ETL-SF.

If there are still pallets of push from the truck that didn't get finished, then you probably need to work those out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back