Archived Interest in Coupon Checking App

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIlllIIllIIIllIl

GSTL - Call me barcode
I'm a GSA at my local Target and I use several websites to check coupon are legitimacy. Currently, it requires a fair bit of searching and I think I have a couple of ideas that could streamline my process exponentially.

I am in the process of working on a general idea that would simply allow me to scan/take a picture of a coupon and compare that to an aggregation of data that is scraped from things like the CIC. I am also considering something to work with services like VerifyMyCoupon/VERI-FI.

This would only run on Android devices as I do not know Swift and am very shaky with ObjC, plus I don't want to pay for Apple's licensing.

Anyone that knows Java, I wouldn't mind working on this with another person or two if you are competent enough.

Would anyone be interested in an app that does this?

As a gsa, you can't say that is fraudulent coupon to the guest. Ap has that job.

Oh, well yeah I get that entirely. Not even the STL can accuse a guest of doing anything illegal (stealing, fraud, etc).

My GSTL taught me to say things around the lines of "I cannot accept this coupon." I am supposed to be firm, but never use an accusatory tone in my voice. Is this against best practice?

Edit: And also, I should always partner with AP if the situation is unable to be resolved after that.

It is not your job to choose what coupons are good or bad. Spot has no interest in confirming a good coupon from a bad one. Ap does that job.

It is not your job to choose what coupons are good or bad. Spot has no interest in confirming a good coupon from a bad one. Ap does that job.

I've been encouraged by other people, including AP, to use this method. My store doesn't have full time AP.

By that basis, if I'm confronted by something like this, I should just let it go?

I've been encouraged by other people, including AP, to use this method. My store doesn't have full time AP.

By that basis, if I'm confronted by something like this, I should just let it go?

Great find. I'll be using it. Thanks.

Per the target coupon policy:
Internet (Print-at-Home) Coupons
  • We gladly accept valid internet coupons with a scannable barcode.
  • We do not accept internet coupons for free items with no purchase requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back