Archived Interesting Things Are Afoot in the land of Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
First the big STL Kool-Aid fest, then the STL, ETL-HR, ETL-Hardlines, ETL-Softlines were all in the store for a conference call early this morning and now it looks like a every red polo shirt in 50 miles just walked into my store.

Something is coming and with Target's history of stellar ideas these last few years I fear for what insanity that many ETLs and STLs can come up with.

- EDIT -

I just hope they are going to announce that we are going to start getting the product we need to fill our shelves. Every Target I walk into in the area looks like a big ol'pile of flexed out ugly. I weep for the E&E / MMB person they never ever get enough new releases

Last edited:
It's probably just a Group visit, which as a PA (a TM with more responsibility) I just shake hands and talk the shit like I will be their colleague in a year or two. Only do this if you know what you are talking about though. Joke around and pretend you are a Happy person and ALWAYS make eye contact when shaking someones hand.

PS: ALWAYS remember to enjoy seeing your superiors grovel nervously, on the rare occasion their actual boss is within 10 feet.

Idk how big of a meeting it was but my STL was in Minneapolis up until a short time ago. We are all eagerly waiting the new changes the Idiots in Charge want to roll out.. besides that we will be forced to wear ear pieces used by everyone else, and only supply us with alcohol wipes and not our dignity when scrubbing off someone else's earwax...

Last edited:
Idk how big of a meeting it was but my STL was in Minneapolis up until a short time ago. We are all eagerly waiting the new changes the Idiots in Charge want to roll out.. besides that we will be forced t wear ear pieces used by everyone else, and only supply us with alcohol wipes and not our dignity when scrubbing off someone else's earwax...

I think all STLs were, and they do this once a year. Here is the website to the gathering http://gatheringofthevibes.com/

There is also a movie starring Christian Bale that is an interpretation of such an event titled "American Psycho"

This was at my store, too. STL returned, conference in the conference room, and supposedly a visit so everyone was trying to work safe (or make sure they were).

The hell is TOMS?

shoes for when you want to drink your Pumpkin Spice Latte at the local Starbucks. well not that bad but they are just really popular shoes from a company that seems to have a strong "social" message. Don't know if 'social' is the right word but it kinda fits.

I can't wait for how they try to get us excited about this... OMG TOM's!

Wait, what? what in the hell are you talking about now?

First the big STL Kool-Aid fest, then the STL, ETL-HR, ETL-Hardlines, ETL-Softlines were all in the store for a conference call early this morning and now it looks like a every red polo shirt in 50 miles just walked into my store.

Something is coming and with Target's history of stellar ideas these last few years I fear for what insanity that many ETLs and STLs can come up with.

- EDIT -

I just hope they are going to announce that we are going to start getting the product we need to fill our shelves. Every Target I walk into in the area looks like a big ol'pile of flexed out ugly. I weep for the E&E / MMB person they never ever get enough new releases

I'm hoping it's an end to Push All and back to researching more than 3 days a week.

The hell is TOMS?

shoes for when you want to drink your Pumpkin Spice Latte at the local Starbucks. well not that bad but they are just really popular shoes from a company that seems to have a strong "social" message. Don't know if 'social' is the right word but it kinda fits.

I can't wait for how they try to get us excited about this... OMG TOM's!

Wait, what? what in the hell are you talking about now?

Good, all the more for me. At least it's better than the Skechers we had!

Idk how big of a meeting it was but my STL was in Minneapolis up until a short time ago. We are all eagerly waiting the new changes the Idiots in Charge want to roll out.. besides that we will be forced to wear ear pieces used by everyone else, and only supply us with alcohol wipes and not our dignity when scrubbing off someone else's earwax...

Wear ear pieces? What? Why, and when is this happening? And for what?

Alas, Spot doesn't carry my beer of choice: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1199/23474/

But we're talking about hipster beer.

HipsterBeer2.jpg

The hell is TOMS?

For every pair of TOMS shoes sold, the TOMS company donates a pair to a child in a third-world country.

Alas, Spot doesn't carry my beer of choice: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1199/23474/

But we're talking about hipster beer.

HipsterBeer2.jpg

If I remember correctly, that would be @pzychopopgroove's department.

My STL shared with me that when Toms partners with Target (November 16th) Target shoe sales are expected to donate from sales millions of dollars that will stay in the usa. Toms usually donates a pair of shoes for every pair sold. I am excited about Toms coming to Target. It's a good partnership and not overly expensive. A win win.

A win win for target is the new dsw store that just opened less than 500 feet from my store. Lol

Had a TM meeting today: We also got informed about the Toms partnership. Also, there's gonna be something big, marketing-wise during Q4 that's suppose to put our competitors, namely our friend, Walmart, in their place. They said they were sworn to corporate secrecy about what exactly it is, but yeah. Also, they confirmed store-to-home is happening. Being piloted as we speak. Hope you're ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back