Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Exact same phone. Exact same uselessness.

Has anyone else had issues with their meat scale printing labels with "buy one, get one 1/2 off" verbiage? I always have to change the label type so that won't print. It prints every time on the default settings. My support was no help.

I was thinking of this last night... So what is the point of having a phone in the ambient room that isn't connected to a line and can't make or pick up calls? Is anyone elses' as non-functional as ours is? Is it even supposed to work? So many unanswered questions....

EIojAwB.jpg
The phone in my ambient room works

I was thinking of this last night... So what is the point of having a phone in the ambient room that isn't connected to a line and can't make or pick up calls? Is anyone elses' as non-functional as ours is? Is it even supposed to work? So many unanswered questions....

EIojAwB.jpg
Mine works too. It doesn't look like that black one, but one similar to this
data_sheet_c78-601648-2.jpg

Love it when the operator forwards calls to it instead of calling it out on the walkie. No telling how many calls I've missed because I'm usually on the floor, not hanging out next to the phone!

What is a "metro"? I can relate to your issues with pda shortages.. I'm sure someone has stolen them at this point.

EIojAwB.jpg

That Ambient Room is SPOTLESS

That sink wow spotless. It looks like milk has never been poured down that drain.

EIojAwB.jpg
Mine works too. It doesn't look like that black one, but one similar to this
data_sheet_c78-601648-2.jpg

Love it when the operator forwards calls to it instead of calling it out on the walkie. No telling how many calls I've missed because I'm usually on the floor, not hanging out next to the phone!

You have one of those in the ambient room? Weird. Also, your operator is a dunce for believing that someone's in the ambient room during all hours.

I'm not sure if we have a phone in our ambient room, but if we do, I'll have to see if it works.

What is a "metro"?

Metros, or Metro racks, are those green rolling racks you use for pushing perishables.

That sink wow spotless. It looks like milk has never been poured down that drain.

That's because someone did that once, and they were never heard from again. Some say they can still hear cries for help coming from deep inside the freezer... ;)

I don't mind it not working though, I just thought it was weird that they installed a phone but never actually connected it to anything. It would be hard to have a conversation on it because of how loud the cooling system is anyways.

I would HOPE no one would ever pour milk down that drain, lol. That's what your big sink is for! You're not ever, ever, ever supposed to put anything other than water down the hand wash sink.

And my Ambient Room USED to look like that, before they slashed my hours and gave me half the CTL's responsibilities. Now I can't even keep the floor swept. Oh well!

We don't have a prep sink (or whatever you want to call the big sink). We have to empty liquids either in the cleaning closet mop sink or take it all the way up to food ave/Starbucks and dump our stuff in their prep sink which they haven't actually used to prep anything in years!

Wow, that sucks. I use my sink all the time; we've trained sales floor and backroom to put anything that might leak in there instead of the QMOS bin; makes it so much easier to clean up. Also if you're one of those stores that makes you dump out any and all liquids before putting it in the compactor, a big sink is a huge help.

no big sink have to use the floor drain in the cleaning closet where the mops are. Its a pain but most outdated milk get donated now so not as much to pour down the drain anymore.

I'm one of those lucky "pour everything out" stores. The store I trained at was PFresh and had the prep sink. It was fantastic having that in the ambient room. Of course, my ambient room is half the size and we have no prep sink. It's much nicer working in a store that was built PFresh than working in a store that was remodeled to PFresh. Although I have rear fed milk doors with a giant dairy cooler, so it's not all bad.

We're waffling between a "pour-everything" and not...my STL says I should, but to be honest if I'm only tossing out one or two containers, I'm not going to bother. If it's a lot, though, I will.

As for rear-loading milk shelves, I'm SO jealous. I have to truck my milk through half the store to get it to the shelves; it's such a pain and takes forever.

Wow, that sucks. I use my sink all the time; we've trained sales floor and backroom to put anything that might leak in there instead of the QMOS bin; makes it so much easier to clean up. Also if you're one of those stores that makes you dump out any and all liquids before putting it in the compactor, a big sink is a huge help.

I don't remember if we have the prep sink, but anything handled by Guest Service has already been dumped. They use the drain in the photo closet to pour out liquids.

no big sink have to use the floor drain in the cleaning closet where the mops are. Its a pain but most outdated milk get donated now so not as much to pour down the drain anymore.
First let me say I know very little about pfresh. But why would target donate outdated milk. Who wants it? If it isn't good enough for target guests, how can it be good for someone else? Please enlighten me

We put expiring fresh meat and bakery in the freezer and donate it. We also donate everything in dry. Our milk vendor takes back expired milk, not sure what the dairy does with it, but that's not my responsibility. We donate all pet food and kitty litter. We dontate all dry grocery that has it's inner packaging intact. We don't donate deli or dairy, but we are about to start donating packaged produce that is only outdated and not damaged. We donate expired candy, but if it's just a cut or torn bag of idividually wrapped candy or chocolate (mini hersheys, starburst, and the like) we usually QMOS it and put it at the front lanes or in the HR office for REDcards and FFF respectively.

First let me say I know very little about pfresh. But why would target donate outdated milk. Who wants it? If it isn't good enough for target guests, how can it be good for someone else? Please enlighten me

Milk usually has a sell-by date, which is different from a use-by date, and is good up to a week after.

Milk usually has a sell-by date, which is different from a use-by date, and is good up to a week after.
I know the store I worked at we would pull milk 3 days out when doing QMOS. So that's what would be getting donated.

We donate expired candy, but if it's just a cut or torn bag of individually wrapped candy or chocolate (mini Hersheys, starburst, and the like) we usually QMOS it and put it at the front lanes or in the HR office for REDcards and FFF respectively.

Your GSTL/GSA should be requisitioning that candy - not QMOSing it.

Yes, they should. But it's going to get QMOSed anyway. Every now and then we'll put holiday cookies in the break room that have been QMOSed. Usually when we find a case or two in the freezer long after the holiday.

Back