Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Probably someone screwing with the mydevices. My CTL made announcements at huddles because a few TMs were adding expiration dates to things like video games and Legos.
I kind of figured that was the case. It's like we don't have enough to worry about in market without this kind of thing happening. It was kind of funny at first, but now it's just getting annoying. Looks like I'm going to be making some announcements this week.

I kind of figured that was the case. It's like we don't have enough to worry about in market without this kind of thing happening. It was kind of funny at first, but now it's just getting annoying. Looks like I'm going to be making some announcements this week.
If it wasn't trackable to your TM number I'd so do this...I knew there was an option, but I've restrained myself from adding them to test it out.

Guardrails do exist. If you go over it gives you a choice of forecast is wrong, quality is bad or onhands is wrong. Its more lenient than the PDA though. No asking for a cull amount (which we always entered as 50-80%) anymore. I had to use a PDA a couple weeks ago to finish my order and it was so annoying.

Update on the Deli reset:
It's been such a cluster at my store, between a disappearing ETL and no additional hours given to us for the set (as far as I could tell). I just... I have very little to say, since I haven't had a chance to look at the new bento snackers and just have been running around like a headless chicken. I've been closing for every shift and we don't even have time to rack chickens in the evening anymore!
A problem I ran into... the bread cheese doesn't have barcodes, an expiration date, or a good description on it. It's an $8 slice of cheese with the texture and flavor of plastic on top of the lacking packaging.
The good: The tavern style ham is good, like a sweet version of ham off the bone. The AF applewood smoked ham is sweeter than the Columbus. The garlic and herb chicken is pretty good, too, but I doubt those who were buying the Healthy Ones Mediterranean style turkey are going to accept it as a substitute.
To top it all off, our pushers never got installed. They're sitting on a shelf in the back now and probably will never be installed.

Update on the Deli reset:
It's been such a cluster at my store, between a disappearing ETL and no additional hours given to us for the set (as far as I could tell). I just... I have very little to say, since I haven't had a chance to look at the new bento snackers and just have been running around like a headless chicken. I've been closing for every shift and we don't even have time to rack chickens in the evening anymore!
A problem I ran into... the bread cheese doesn't have barcodes, an expiration date, or a good description on it. It's an $8 slice of cheese with the texture and flavor of plastic on top of the lacking packaging.
The good: The tavern style ham is good, like a sweet version of ham off the bone. The AF applewood smoked ham is sweeter than the Columbus. The garlic and herb chicken is pretty good, too, but I doubt those who were buying the Healthy Ones Mediterranean style turkey are going to accept it as a substitute.
To top it all off, our pushers never got installed. They're sitting on a shelf in the back now and probably will never be installed.
I have half the lunchables pushers sent for a reset in the backroom because the reset after the plano TM backstocked the overpush-pusher and all....so I now have half a shelf in pushers instead of a full shelf. Out of five. Lol.

Has anyone had non-food items dropping into the daily SDA list at all in the past week? I've had to check the dates on placemats(mon) and artificial plants(thurs). The most recent was yesterday, an 18'' bicycle. There hasn't been one everyday, thankfully. I don't know if this is an issue I should mysupport or if someone in my store is screwing around with the mydevices.

Well, you can apparently put an expiration date on items so... yeah it is possible.

All about the alternative made to matter brands these days. Works for me. My guests love paying dearly for fancy paleo crap.

anyone have any good suggestions on how to get the scale labels to stick to the frozen Tender Choice St. Louis Pork Ribs that are on sale for $ 2.49/lb.
I have tried and tried to get them to stick, I even put the ribs in the meat cooler for 24 hrs before ticketing and still these damn labels do not stick.

anyone have any good suggestions on how to get the scale labels to stick to the frozen Tender Choice St. Louis Pork Ribs that are on sale for $ 2.49/lb.
I have tried and tried to get them to stick, I even put the ribs in the meat cooler for 24 hrs before ticketing and still these damn labels do not stick.
Rub them down where you want to stick the label and clear off the frost.

Those ribs are horrible. I'll rub the package with my palm to heat up a certain spot, then stick the label immediately. It works, sometimes. Still, when on the shelf, with guests fucking about with them, it doesn't really matter because with the slight adhesion they do have being rubbed off.

Anyone having any luck increasing the capacities for their fresh meats? I my supported them a few days ago with no luck.

We rub the frost off with a paper towel. Work quick. Usually works decent. I press them down when I cull each day too.

Oh I have. I've had it TPC'd since the flood gates of corn opened upon me. It's moved, but not near as much as I'd hoped.

We use rubber bans to keep them on.

When I did the order on Wednesday, I noticed that I couldn't order any of the Archer Farms bagged vegetables (except the asparagus) -- are those now store ordered like the bagged salads?

On another matter, I mentioned that my store recently went CTL-less and that I had my workload tripled. As a consolation, I got promoted to PA. And we just had a store visit, and, of course, they walked straight to market. But I was on my "A" game -- had filled all the outs and/or flexed to cover any holes, and I answered any questions that the person (I think she was my DTL's boss, not sure exactly what her title is, VP of something?) asked and made my STL really happy. Now if only I could get the same amount of help with workload on non-store visits... :rolleyes:

When I did the order on Wednesday, I noticed that I couldn't order any of the Archer Farms bagged vegetables (except the asparagus) -- are those now store ordered like the bagged salads?

On another matter, I mentioned that my store recently went CTL-less and that I had my workload tripled. As a consolation, I got promoted to PA. And we just had a store visit, and, of course, they walked straight to market. But I was on my "A" game -- had filled all the outs and/or flexed to cover any holes, and I answered any questions that the person (I think she was my DTL's boss, not sure exactly what her title is, VP of something?) asked and made my STL really happy. Now if only I could get the same amount of help with workload on non-store visits... :rolleyes:
Yes, this is the week the bagged veg and cut tubs of fruit should have gone from store ordered to corporate replenished. There's a memo on redwire about it. It mostly tells you to make sure on hand counts are accurate and that everything is backstocked consistently or it won't pull for replenishment properly. So much for always at least having bagged veg in stock.

Yes, this is the week the bagged veg and cut tubs of fruit should have gone from store ordered to corporate replenished. There's a memo on redwire about it. It mostly tells you to make sure on hand counts are accurate and that everything is backstocked consistently or it won't pull for replenishment properly. So much for always at least having bagged veg in stock.

Thanks for the info. It's been hard getting a hold of a mydevice (or any equipment, for that matter), and when I actually do, it's usually straight to 1) SDA, 2) shoot outs, and 3) do the order, and maybe 4) back stock produce before the battery dies out, and I never get the chance to check redwire.

Thanks for the info. It's been hard getting a hold of a mydevice (or any equipment, for that matter), and when I actually do, it's usually straight to 1) SDA, 2) shoot outs, and 3) do the order, and maybe 4) back stock produce before the battery dies out, and I never get the chance to check redwire.
I normally check it on the signing computer or the one in the TLOffice. The multiple tabs for the mobile version drive me nuts.

I check redwire day before the truck comes to see when it's going to arrive and how much of each area we are getting its easier on the mydevice than on the pc. I wish we only get 8 boxes of bananas our smallest order Is 12 boxes We get bananas 3 times a week 12 on Tuesday 18 to 24 on Thursday and 18 on Saturday.

Last edited:
Back