Job abandonment last pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
We recently had one of our old timers quit. She was with Spot for 20+ years, I believe. She did it right, put in her two weeks, planned on working out her last shifts. But due to circumstances out of her control, she had to call in once during her last two weeks, and she was informed this made her non-rehirable. Can this vary from store to store? Is it up to the STL?
They had an option of retiring. Call tmsc now.

Not necessarily. Have to be 55 to retire.
From targetpayandbenefits:
You may be eligible for the Target retiree discount privilege, as well as a retirement gift, if you meet all of the following criteria:❏❏ Are at least 55 years old when you leave the company.
  1. Have 10 years of credited and continuous service, starting after your latest hire date. A year of credited service is a calendar year in which you were paid for 1,000 or more hours. (If you were age 45 or older and an active team member on December 31, 2002, five years of credited and continuous service will qualify under the grandfathered rule. Note: If you left the company and were rehired January 1, 2003 or after, you need to meet the 10-year eligibility rules.)

If you are eligible for a retirement gift, you will receive information in the mail approximately two months after your retirement date.

thank you for your comments .

i decided to stay to stay , let me explain why i was thinking to just leave . i transferred to a new store in a another city about 2 months ago . i was getting an average of 35 H/week. at this shitty new store everyone in my team is scheduled 16-20 H a week and that was not explained to me by the ETL when she asked me about my average hours .

the reason i decided to stay is to use my vacation/personal /sick hours before leaving . i have about 42 VH . can i cash it out? i live in a state that doesn't require employers to payout vacation hours .

Vacation will be paid out. Personal & sick leave will not. Hours are being cut due to low sales & target Corp.

Use your vay-cay to supplement your hours until they're used up.
You won't be able to use them over your weekly avg so it may take time to use them up.
If your hours were accrued this year, Target wouldn't pay them out unless you lived in a state mandated to do so.
Since you're not in such a state, use them up but grab a vol term form on the sly & have it ready.

See attached.

Use your vay-cay to supplement your hours until they're used up.
You won't be able to use them over your weekly avg so it may take time to use them up.
If your hours were accrued this year, Target wouldn't pay them out unless you lived in a state mandated to do so.
Since you're not in such a state, use them up but grab a vol term form on the sly & have it ready.

thank you , that was informative . so based on that document , in my state ill be paid for my personal hours and vacation hours accrued before Jan 1, 2016 .

@redeye58 that wont take long in my case , since my average hours are 35 and i am scheduled 18 hours/week . it would take me about 2 weeks to use up my vacation hours .

thank you for your comments .

i decided to stay to stay , let me explain why i was thinking to just leave . i transferred to a new store in a another city about 2 months ago . i was getting an average of 35 H/week. at this shitty new store everyone in my team is scheduled 16-20 H a week and that was not explained to me by the ETL when she asked me about my average hours .

the reason i decided to stay is to use my vacation/personal /sick hours before leaving . i have about 42 VH . can i cash it out? i live in a state that doesn't require employers to payout vacation hours .
Only vacation accrued before this year will be paid out. Everything you accrued so far this year you will need to use. The catch is that they require you to use the old vacation pay before using the hours from this year. If you go to submit a vac pay request for hours banked as "vacation," it will throw up an error and tell you to use "vacation payout" first. There's no way around this.

Lol at the people going bu-but your coworkers. They dont care about you and probably call out all the time. We are almost all grunts, easily replaclabe and underpaid. We dont owe target anything

Lol at the people going bu-but your coworkers. They dont care about you and probably call out all the time. We are almost all grunts, easily replaclabe and underpaid. We dont owe target anything

No you dont owe Target anything but why screw over the underpaid and underappreciated people in the same boat as you who maybe just happen to NEED this job.

No you dont owe Target anything but why screw over the underpaid and underappreciated people in the same boat as you who maybe just happen to NEED this job.
You're not screwing them. You're getting a better job. No need to inconvence yourself for people who don't care if you quit or not.

You're not screwing them. You're getting a better job. No need to inconvence yourself for people who don't care if you quit or not.

Seriously?
You NCNS, people work short a person because most of the time the store can't (or won't) get coverage.
So they spend a horrible night when you could have had a little common courtesy and covered the shift or given the notice so the store could?
WTF is wrong with people?
It's a matter of common courtesy, you don't fuck over the people in the trenches, the people like you.
The bosses are more than willing to do that, thank you very much.

Be an adult when you get a better job. Give notice. As an HRTM if someone voluntary terms i can fill their shifts easily. When people NCNS its really hard to call people and say "I need you to come in the next 10 min"

Seriously?
You NCNS, people work short a person because most of the time the store can't (or won't) get coverage.
So they spend a horrible night when you could have had a little common courtesy and covered the shift or given the notice so the store could?
WTF is wrong with people?
It's a matter of common courtesy, you don't fuck over the people in the trenches, the people like you.
The bosses are more than willing to do that, thank you very much.
Get out the trenches then

I'm not against it but I don't care if you do. Target doesn't fire you professionally. They make you travel there just to fire you two hours later. Not even enough respect to let you work the rest of your shift. Who cares if you ncns

I'm not against it but I don't care if you do. Target doesn't fire you professionally. They make you travel there just to fire you two hours later. Not even enough respect to let you work the rest of your shift. Who cares if you ncns
I'm not asking you to care what I think. You should care enough to be an adult and do things the right way, not look for every excuse possible to justify your immaturity.

I'm not asking you to care what I think. You should care enough to be an adult and do things the right way, not look for every excuse possible to justify your immaturity.
Nice monologue but we all know if you received 5 million right now you'd never ever interact with a Target again. OP asked about his last check, not if you cared about Target. Fact is not everyone likes their jobs are only goes for a paycheck. Nothing more, nothing less. The only obligation you own is to show up and do your job. Targets obligation is to pay you for hours worked. Nothing outside of is relevant other than your personal moral code which doesn't apply to everyone.

Nice monologue but we all know if you received 5 million right now you'd never ever interact with a Target again. OP asked about his last check, not if you cared about Target. Fact is not everyone likes their jobs are only goes for a paycheck. Nothing more, nothing less. The only obligation you own is to show up and do your job. Targets obligation is to pay you for hours worked. Nothing outside of is relevant other than your personal moral code which doesn't apply to everyone.
You just don't get it, maybe you will later on but the fact of the matter is, it is expected for everyone in the working world to submit a two weeks notice. Don't be douche, it's not about if you like your job or not, it's about acting like an adult and doing things the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back