Archived Late Changes to Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone here ever missed a day because they genuinely thought they didn't have to work that day?
I checked my schedule for last week and this coming week at least 3 times to make sure I had it right. I had training last Monday from 12-4pm and then was off for the rest of the week (where the days just had AVAILABLE on them). Then I was supposed to go in tomorrow at 4am-8:30am.

Okay the problem is that I received a call today from target telling me I had missed work today from 4am to 8:30am. So yeah I told hr that I saw in the schedule that I was to go in till Monday but they told me that I was on the schedule for Sunday (and well Monday too). So I didn't get the days mixed. Weird.

This has NEVER happened to me before at my other job (where I didn't read the schedule right). This doesn't look good on me because I'm just starting work at target. Does target do changes to the schedule (even rarely because of the automated scheduling) later in the week and just assume you would know about it. I don't know how I can fight this since it will be in my record as a no show and I'm in the 90 days probationary period.

Sorry but there is a strong chance you will be terminated; at the very least (if you're lucky), written up. NCNSing is bad enough AFTER your 90 days. Doing it when you've just started? Ouch.

I'm surprised they called you..our store never calls people. Though if I am out (which is almost never) I get texts and calls from numerous people checking up on me to make sure everything is alright.

You can check your schedule online and from your phone..
Phone
Http://target.com/viewschedule
Computer
Http://wss.target.com/selfservice

My store will let it slide the first time if you are new and don't understand the scheduling...just try really hard not to let it happen again.

In my department the schedule changes about ten times each week (no joke). HR will not reprint the schedule that many times. I have to rely on checking it from my computer. Thankfully we have that option!

Okay yes I misread the schedule. The scheduled starts from Sunday, not Monday (so that's how I got them mixed). I was ready to assume responsibility and told a team leader and an executive team leader that I was sorry. They told me "oh don't worry about it, it's an honest mistake." They did not informally coach me or write me up. Strange, might be told something later in the week.

There are some stores where the leaders aren't out to punish every single mistake a TM makes. Maybe you're lucky to be in one of those stores.
I'm pretty sure it's in my core roles. "Please punish every mistake for the meek will inherit the earth" or something like that. ;)

I'm surprised they called you..our store never calls people. Though if I am out (which is almost never) I get texts and calls from numerous people checking up on me to make sure everything is alright.

Phone
Computer

My store will let it slide the first time if you are new and don't understand the scheduling...just try really hard not to let it happen again.

I find it a bit scary that the store doesn't call or anything if your a no call no show. After I leave my house for work no one would notice me missing for 12 hours if my car ran off the road and I was attacked by wild ocelots....

This mat just be a personal fear though.

if they call one person, they have to call everyone who is late or NCNS. Then you can't fire people for attendance as easily lol. We used to call people all the time, but about 3 or 4 years ago a hard stop was put to that. Now we call no one ever...mostly.

Phone
Computer

I find it a bit scary that the store doesn't call or anything if your a no call no show. After I leave my house for work no one would notice me missing for 12 hours if my car ran off the road and I was attacked by wild ocelots....

This mat just be a personal fear though.

Yep. This. It's nice to think that someone might notice or care enough to call and be sure I wasn't attacked by a mob of crazed Walmart workers. And if I were GSAing, and since I have never been late and only called off when I had medical emergencies involving being admitted to the hospital, I would like to think they would call. But it really depends on the LOD and if we can slide by without you or if it's gonna be a long day in hell if we don't get your hours covered. (IE a closing cashier would be called more often than a closing salesfloor person in my store).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back