Archived Missing money bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camacho21

Mr. Front End
Hey guys, so I'm a newly promoted GSA, I barley got keyed in 2 days ago. So tonight after closing the registers, I was with the LOD making sure each bundle was there however one was missing. She didn't make it seem like a big deal so we left cash office and she armed it right after. I ran to the service desk and it turns out I forgot to close 1 of the registers there. The money was there we just couldn't put it back with the rest so I just left it in TSC with a note. I know losing a bundle is a final for the LOD and myself but does that still apply if the bundle was never lost?

I hope you did open the next morning to fix it. You should of noticed it when you counted bags at the safe. But, every store is different on finals or coachings,

I am surprised the LOD didn't want to locate it ASAP. But as long as the bundle is located before next day counts, it should be fine.

I have known GSTLs/GSAs to close register without collecting the money. Its not ideal. But if a bag is missing, then its more than likely lurking at a register.

Last edited:
Not closing the register is a mistake, but the money was still secure. If you left the cash bag out and unsecured, that is a final.

There's no reason the LOD shouldn't have wanted to find the missing bag, and when you did find it, they should've unlocked the cash office and put that bundle/bag in the safe. That LOD could be fired for that.

She apparently didn't know it meant a final for both of us so I think she might get called out for that although it was my mistake. Thanks for the feedback

Does your cash office have a drop?
If so, you should've put the funds in the bag, put it in the drop & left a note for the opening COTM.
If you don't have a drop, the bag could've been locked in the cash advance drawer with a note for the opening GSTL/GSA instructing them to take it to CO while they were counting.

Does your cash office have a drop?
If so, you should've put the funds in the bag, put it in the drop & left a note for the opening COTM.
If you don't have a drop, the bag could've been locked in the cash advance drawer with a note for the opening GSTL/GSA instructing them to take it to CO while they were counting.
No and she said it couldn't be opened until the next day so leaving it in the TSC desk for the opening LOD was really the only option.

Leaving the cash in the drawer would probably be a coaching. Leaving the bag in the TSC would be a final for you and the LOD.

If there's a next time, leave the money in the cash register with notes to the CO and opening LOD and GSTL.

Leaving the cash in the drawer would probably be a coaching. Leaving the bag in the TSC would be a final for you and the LOD.

If there's a next time, leave the money in the cash register with notes to the CO and opening LOD and GSTL.

Leaving it in the drawer would be a coaching if it wasn't communicated why it was done, unless they have some anal ETLS...

Yikes. As @Retail Girl said, don't trust this LOD for anything in the future. That cash office should never have been armed until all the money bags were accounted for.

Leaving it at TSC makes this even worst. I'm hoping you at least had a locked drawer to put it in...even so, who knows if your store has sufficient camera coverage over that spot.

Best place to have done after-the-fact would have been dropping it in the CO with a note, or even locking it away in the AP office (which only AP and ETLs should have a key for).

I thought most COs have cash drops (mailbox-type drop outside that goes to a locked cabinet inside).
At the very least, the cash adv drawer is a locked drawer; either would be better than an unsecured location.
Hope that ETL doesn't throw you under the bus.

I thought most COs have cash drops (mailbox-type drop outside that goes to a locked cabinet inside).
At the very least, the cash adv drawer is a locked drawer; either would be better than an unsecured location.
Hope that ETL doesn't throw you under the bus.

Everyone should... Never heard of one not, so that's weird. The thing is, if it is armed they say not even to open it

The drop drawer is on the outside; shouldn't affect the alarm as it's not wired.
When the ON-ETL rebanked the register, they dropped it without any problem.
It was retrieved from the lock box by the opening LOD when they let the COTM in next morning.

The drop drawer is on the outside; shouldn't affect the alarm as it's not wired.
When the ON-ETL rebanked the register, they dropped it without any problem.
It was retrieved from the lock box by the opening LOD when they let the COTM in next morning.
It always drove me crazy when the one GSA didn't bank the lanes properly! I remember one day I was not given a note and I counted all the bags like I normally do I just did "transfer to safe" and everything added up and I was making my next day bundles... well the GSTL and the ETL-AP came in the CO to try to figure out where the bundle was so I had to give them one of the bundles thus I was short 150 at the end of the day. I felt practically accused of stealing. Well even if I was I could say to AP "bring up the camera footage... bring up the camera footage!" I hope she is doing a much better job at it now.

Last edited:
Failure to secure money (i.e. leaving money in a register, loosing a bundle, leaving a money bag out, etc...) should result in a corrective action for both the Closing GSTL/Gsa or whomever closed the registers and was responsible for that night and for the Closing LOD or for whom ever secured the money and armed the Cash Office. Only know this because I just put my GSA and Sr. GSTL on a CA for it....

We leave money in registers all the time, when the registers take too long to reboot/ are offline. We just let the LOD know that it was offline.. Im not about to lift the registers and pry it open.. You're fine lol

The LOD would be in trouble in the end, it is their responsibility to verify that all bags are accounted for and locked up in the safe.. My ETL salesfloor ops was put on final for a bag that slipped on the side of the safe and my peer gstl didn't get written up.. But ASANTS

Man, your LOD is insane. Should have just opened the stupid C/O back up, called the Alarm Center to explain why, and gone on with her life...

And I also don't see why it should be a final for you...coaching, maybe...but final? You did get the money to the LOD to secure, they chose not to secure. It's not like you left all of the big bills in a register or something. But I could be wrong, and even though CCA policy is "Black and white" it's also very "grey"..

I have unarmed the CO after arming it at night. Just don't unlock it with it being armed. Never had the alarm center call and it arms back up just fine.

Once I worked at a Walmart. Not as an employee, but a contract laborer for a store that was being remodeled. We basically did the job of Plano and some PMT duties like build gondolas. Oddly enough, I was asked to install new POS hardware and also move the checklane counters and all there components so that the store could install self checkout. Even stranger, I was given Supervisor numbers to test the equipment.

Well, during my time on this job, I once found $2000 in cash underneath the desk at there Guest Services when installing new equipment. :eek:

Boy was I shocked. I did the right thing and notify a manager, but the people I worked with wanted to take the money.

Why was the money there? Who knows, but their cash office was adjacent to their service desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back