Service & Engagement New SCO Pilot

Damn, are small formats not part of the exception? My store has five SCOs, three myCheckouts/linebusters, and 2 registers. They basically designed the whole store around being mostly SCO-centered, so this will just not work. If anything, Target will regret designing my store how they did because it is ALL one line, so if they say ten items or less at SCO, it will be a nightmare.

There was something about Small Formats on the Workbench page for Checklanes/SCO (in the S&E Business Page) but I didn't read much into it. I believe Small Formats have their own set of rules, and are able to have SCO open at all times. I don't remember much of anything else it said.

There was something about Small Formats on the Workbench page for Checklanes/SCO (in the S&E Business Page) but I didn't read much into it. I believe Small Formats have their own set of rules, and are able to have SCO open at all times. I don't remember much of anything else it said.
Interesting, I'll have to look into it then

I was told we are not to enforce the limit or even mention it to guests. We are to put the signs up and then let the guest decide for themselves if they want to follow the posted limit or not.
Which is how self checkout has been for as long as I can remember. Nobody was ever at one counting and an alarm didnt blare if you had 16 items in a "15 items or less" lane lol.

Which is how self checkout has been for as long as I can remember. Nobody was ever at one counting and an alarm didnt blare if you had 16 items in a "15 items or less" lane lol.
they told us to redirect people with full carts to the lanes. I just smile and nod but I'm inwardly thinking fuuuuuuuuuck no I am not gonna try and enforce that. It won't end well.

I enforced it, but with pretty severe leniency. I was not counting people's items. I did not care if they had 12 instead of 10. But if it was obvious that they had 20-30+ items I'd direct them to a regular checkout.

I try to redirect big carts to the lanes, but I’m not counting. I’ve had a few people say, “ugh I definitely have like 20.” and I’ll just say, “close enough!” and if a big cart person gives me a hard time, I let them go. I’m more-so a “We do have lanes available if you’d rather!”

I’m also at a multi SCO bank store, so if AP calls me about a guest it’s so easy to just shut them all down and force them to the register. It’s definitely been a lifesaver for that and saves the team the very awkward, “oh that didn’t scan correctly. let me help” conversation.

Back