Does target do drug testing

• Yes

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with only drug testing AFTER an accident (at least at my store), is if you are hurt bad enough to go to the hospital, they will get you on morphine asap and so when your drug test comes back, you get fired for being under the influence of morphine...

The problem with only drug testing AFTER an accident (at least at my store), is if you are hurt bad enough to go to the hospital, they will get you on morphine asap and so when your drug test comes back, you get fired for being under the influence of morphine...
So that's a pretty weird hospital that immediately puts you on a morphine drip before any blood work. Do you even know what morphine is?

You won't get fired for being under the influence of something a doctor prescribes.

Reactions: C2k
I know a lot of people that smoke weed that work at my store. They do it in their own time (after work) and wouldn't come to work high. No different than someone who enjoys a drink after work. Doesn't mean they will come to work drunk. If your a responsible enough adult I don't see the difference between someone who drinks or smokes. And before anyone argues smoking is bad for you, so is drinking.

When they stopped testing seasonal, and I guess now pretty much everyone, some people thought it meant people would start coming to work high. The thing is people are going to do what they want regardless if there are preemployment tests or not. Another thing to remember is if you have a accident on the clock your still going to get tested regardless, alcohol or drugs.

Another thing. Most of the hard drugs that do cause a risk are out of the system in a few days anyway. Meaning most drug tests won't catch them.
Plus, there are loads of ways to fake it and pass, since Target does urine testing. If we did hair testing, loads of people would have been screwed. Lol

So that's a pretty weird hospital that immediately puts you on a morphine drip before any blood work. Do you even know what morphine is?
You won't get fired for being under the influence of something a doctor prescribes.

I don't know how immediate it was, but I know of at least 3 TMs at my store that were fired for being under the influence of drugs that they were given in the ambulance or at the hospital. Two of them fought it and eventually got their jobs back; the third just decided to drop it and go back to school.

You would be surprised at the amount of heroin use around my area. People shooting up all over the place...... It is really quite sad actually:( Alot of deaths. They even found one shooting up in a wal-mart bathroom once. Luckily none at our store yet.
This is prevalent in my community as well, to the point of them hiding it in the drop ceiling of some retailers/restaurants downtown and overdosing in the bathrooms.
Town I work in a little less.

Don't know who all saw this on the latest "News to Use" or whatever they're calling it nowadays on Workbench.

Starting Oct. 1, Target will no longer be requiring new hires to pass a drug screen as part of their conditional employment offer. This applies to seasonal hires only, although they still won't be required to get tested should they be offered a regular position past their 90 days. This is apparently supposed to streamline the hiring process (although we all know they're doing it to save on the $$ they fork out for the testing).

Thoughts?

Honestly even with the drug testing, a lot of the seasonals (not all) are complete idiots... It will probably make it easier for them to mass-hire seasonals short-notice, which is probably why they did it.

I don't know how immediate it was, but I know of at least 3 TMs at my store that were fired for being under the influence of drugs that they were given in the ambulance or at the hospital. Two of them fought it and eventually got their jobs back; the third just decided to drop it and go back to school.
Guess I should rephrase. You shouldn't be fired for something that is prescribed by a doctor. I can see how spot would jump the gun though.

I agree 100 percent. Just picture a guest has a heart attack in front of said team member. The team member is so high he/she doesn't call anyone. The guest dies...because nobody was called in time.
Maybe I'm just being dense and missing the sarcasm, but I still have to comment on this... I'm going to make a generalization and say that a person who would get high before going to work is a pretty regular stoner, not a once-in-a-while person. A regular stoner, even when high, is going to have enough of their faculties to be able to get their shit together and make an action in the event of an emergency.

Weed just has the effect of making mundane things like long drives, watching TV, and zoning hardlines more interesting.

EDIT: sorry for the necropost.

If every single employee at my store was tested for marijuana alone, I believe we'd have to close shop until we were staffed again lol.

People think it's a sober workforce. Think again. Your BOSS could be getting high after work. OR BEFORE! Because yoooouuuuu'll neeeeeverrrr knoooowwww ;)

Just because a person does drugs doesn't meant they'll be getting high on their breaks...or even come to work high.
Kinda my feeling on it. What people do in their own home is their own business, and the business of the law. If they carry it into the workplace, thats a different issue.

Is there still no seasonal drug tests?
There are no drug tests for seasonal or regular team members.

The only exceptions are for RX and AP positions, or if you are injured on the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back