Archived overpaid by target

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was overpaid by over 100 by target for a holiday pay even though i didn't work "Thanksgiving day". how do i approach this , should i tell them of the error ?

in my state its unlawful for an employer to deduct amounts from an employee’s wages, unless i voluntarily agree to pay it back .

I think we all get paid Thanksgiving and Christmas regardless of rank or if we worked that day. I could be wrong though.

I think we all get paid Thanksgiving and Christmas regardless of rank or if we worked that day. I could be wrong though.
i think you are right , i just cheeked the Target benefits website . the reason i thought it was a mistake is because i didn't get paid for thanks giving last year

I would approach your hr and just do a "hey I was just wondering" kind of conversation. But the previous post is correct, we should get holiday pay regardless of position.

As long as you work a certain amount of hours on average, you get paid for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Trust me, retailers will NEVER EVER accidentally over pay someone. Ever.

Nope, most TM's don't get paid for them.

But yes, people that are "full-time" do.

For example I worked 4 hours Thanksgiving. I got paid for 14. 4*1.5=6+8=14. I was paid for 8 hours whether I worked that day or not.

If you qualify for full time benefits you get Thanksgiving and Christmas paid as a TM.

Trust me, retailers will NEVER EVER accidentally over pay someone. Ever.

Not true, accidental overpay is definitely possible, albeit very, very unlikely of course. I once got a check about $200 over what I should have been paid because the time clock/myTime somehow decided I worked like 30 hours in a single day (which doesn't even make any sense), then added hours to other days I worked one particular week for no apparent reason. I think I posted about it on this forum way back. It was extremely odd and my ETL-HR couldn't figure out how it happened. I clocked in and out on time normally, etc. I wound up getting that $200 taken out of the following check which sucked a loooot.

If Target overpays you, that's on them. They shouldn't be allowed to take it back. You weren't holding a gun to their head demanding that they overpay you. They made a mistake and they should suffer the consequences. Not you.

If it was a mistake, you won't get in trouble for not saying anything, lol. I like your morals though.

Of course you can be overpaid by mistake as Flabbergasted said,it does not happen often,but if it does they will certainly take it back if they find out.

If you average over 29.5 hours a week, Thanksgiving and Christmas are paid holidays.
Is that calculated on a rolling basis, or only once a year (like health benefits)?

If Target overpays you, that's on them. They shouldn't be allowed to take it back. You weren't holding a gun to their head demanding that they overpay you. They made a mistake and they should suffer the consequences. Not you.
It's essentially a bank error.

If your bank accidentally deposited $200 into your account, you can bet they will take it right back out when they notice.

Of course you can be overpaid by mistake as Flabbergasted said,it does not happen often,but if it does they will certainly take it back if they find out.

Basically, their attitude is you shouldn't have spent it if you got overpaid so taking it back shouldn't be a problem.
Kind of like the ATM pumping out a few thousand extra dollars when you go, you're supposed to give it back and the bank is within it's rights to take it out of your account if you spend it.

I would ask HR about it.... They could have over paid, but as stated above. Target will take it back when they find out.... So play it safe and ask about it...

Remember that line of thought the next time someone overcharges you.

Not even the same. A company or corporation is not a person. I'm a person. You're a person. Brett's a person. That person over there is a person.

A person made the mistake which caused the overpayment. You can pretend that corporations aren't people, just as you can pretend that the tooth fairy is real, if it makes you feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back