Policy question

So, this might be a bit of a weird question, but a TM asked me a question that I had no answer to, but going through it myself a while back I kinda would like an answer. Let's say on the way to work you suffer a medical emergency, an accident, etc. that incapacitates you and you that can't make the call to let someone know you won't be in and this happens to be over an extended period of time how can a TM deal with that.

For example, I get into a car accident and get knocked out and I have to be rushed to the hospital and I don't wake up for a couple of days. Or just a scenario to were making a call isn't possible. i.e I get stopped for speeding and I get detained because they say I have a warrant ( I don't have a warrant and never plan to get one) its the only scenario I could come up with at this late hour.

TIA

Depends on the situation. 3 consecutive no call-no shows are an automatic termination.

However, generally speaking, most of the time if you contacted HR and explained what happened after the fact and had documentation proving it you'd be reinstated to your position and they'd let you back date some type of leave to cover the time you missed. Happened a few times with covid at our DC.

I have had team members go to jail though. One violated probation and wound up back in jail, another had a warrant. Both of them did not keep their jobs and obviously were unable to call.

Depends on the situation. 3 consecutive no call-no shows are an automatic termination.

However, generally speaking, most of the time if you contacted HR and explained what happened after the fact and had documentation proving it you'd be reinstated to your position and they'd let you back date some type of leave to cover the time you missed. Happened a few times with covid at our DC.

I have had team members go to jail though. One violated probation and wound up back in jail, another had a warrant. Both of them did not keep their jobs and obviously were unable to call.
Need help ASAP.
I got two missed calls to which the voicemail said they’d like to hire me and the date of orientation. Couldn’t get back immediately because I was attending funeral services. Called back a couple days after to get more information and confirm my employment, the guest services team member said HR PERSON is not available currently but will take my info down and will call in 30 minutes. Never got a call that day, so I called the next. It was the same guy and he said my note was still there and that between us their HR lady SUCKS at responding back to people. Waited a couple days and never heard anything from them. I checked my application status online and it says no longer considered. Should I still attend the orientation or is it a red flag to not work at that store if they’re that unorganized.

So I couldn't have a Dr. call in and explain what happened or if I had a friend who was a TM and they heard they couldn't call in for me if I was in either scenario?

So I couldn't have a Dr. call in and explain what happened or if I had a friend who was a TM and they heard they couldn't call in for me if I was in either scenario?
I'm assuming in this situation you were completely unconscious and couldn't explain to a doctor to call your job.

A TM couldn't call in for you. Its a weird legal situation. But a family member could if you were medically incapacitated. They would still at some point need to hear from you.

The prison thing would depend on the scenario, criminal charges, and how long. Most others needed to reapply and start all over.

Need help ASAP.
I got two missed calls to which the voicemail said they’d like to hire me and the date of orientation. Couldn’t get back immediately because I was attending funeral services. Called back a couple days after to get more information and confirm my employment, the guest services team member said HR PERSON is not available currently but will take my info down and will call in 30 minutes. Never got a call that day, so I called the next. It was the same guy and he said my note was still there and that between us their HR lady SUCKS at responding back to people. Waited a couple days and never heard anything from them. I checked my application status online and it says no longer considered. Should I still attend the orientation or is it a red flag to not work at that store if they’re that unorganized.
Red flag

Need help ASAP.
Red flag

Back