Archived Project Viper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, we just don't have the quality of staff to support VIPER. I sure as heck don't want to pick up the slack. I'd want to be assigned my own area, and not be moved around the store at will. I'd be pissed if I bust my ass one day, only to be dropped into another dept the next (where it shows that the work just wasn't up to par.)

I noticed that quite a bit in PFresh. If the closer, or person who worked the day before, didn't perform their tasks, it's a struggle to bounce back from that.

And I think that *some* people are good workers, but they just shouldn't be messing around with Research or working in the BR.

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean! The only time I was scheduled two nights in a row in hard lines in the same block was when I picked up someone's shift for the second night. All I had to do the second night was abandons and touch ups.

Last edited:
We have to pretend we are doing 4 x 4 because out hours have been cut so much. They aren't replacing shifts so we never have enough people to even complete the zone. The leaders are really hard core about doing the "super zone." I mean they are hard core about us saying we have done the "super zone." So I can't imagine how Viper will work.

Yep this weekend it was 7 call outs before we even opened. 3 cashiers, 2 mid CAF pushers, CA and a Sbux all called out all not backfilled. That was Saturday morning, it only got worse. But we have to be responsible for Viper, when we can't get a cart attendant on a Saturday? On a day we did 40k over plan? Nope. Clusterfuck in the making. And now go cover the three areas cause they called out. Yeah no.

Last edited:
While I do agree that that looks good, it's kind of a waste of time. If viper causes there to be less backstock, the low and tight zone should happen automatically. Also, what's the difference between climbing a ladder when pulling vs climbing a ladder when backstocking since you zoned the aisle the night before?

Yep this weekend it was 7 call outs before we even opened. 3 cashiers, 2 mid CAF pushers, CA and a Sbux all called out all not backfilled. That was Saturday morning, it only got worse. But we have to be responsible for Viper, when we can't get a cart attendant on a Saturday? On a day we did 40k over plan? Nope. Clusterfuck in the making. And now go cover the three areas cause they called out. Yeah no.

Need to follow up & get rid of people who call out. There are plenty of people who would love to have their jobs.

Need to follow up & get rid of people who call out. There are plenty of people who would love to have their jobs.

Why should they care at less 10hrs a week, I can't blame them. Thx MyTime.

This looks like it will only work if you have a full crew every day to complete the tasks properly.
I am not even going to get into the question of training, something Spot is notorious for ignoring when it is needed most.
If they are not willing to properly staff the stores and give them the hours, this won't work.

This looks like it will only work if you have a full crew every day to complete the tasks properly.
I am not even going to get into the question of training, something Spot is notorious for ignoring when it is needed most.
If they are not willing to properly staff the stores and give them the hours, this won't work.

The more I think about it, this would suck at my store. Hardlines is almost always getting a call-out each night.

The more I think about it, this would suck at my store. Hardlines is almost always getting a call-out each night.

Well considering that it has a cool name and Tina got wet over how hard everyone was hustling you can pretty much bet Spot is going balls deep on this.
It's also something that can be kludged together so that it half assed works (and most importantly meets whatever smegging metrics they come up with).
A couple of years from now there will be another system with a cute name that will be poorly planned, badly thought out and not supported to replace Viper, I promise.

This is a big problem because you can hire all the people you want but, when they see two shifts a week with 8 hours they are going to the least amount of work possible if they even show up as they look for something with better pay and better hours like say anything at this point. And on top of that turnover is such a problem company wide now stores are getting heat about it which means keeping people who should be gone or being accused of failing to develop them. Stores always get the blame one way or the other.

This is a big problem because you can hire all the people you want but, when they see two shifts a week with 8 hours they are going to the least amount of work possible if they even show up as they look for something with better pay and better hours like say anything at this point. And on top of that turnover is such a problem company wide now stores are getting heat about it which means keeping people who should be gone or being accused of failing to develop them. Stores always get the blame one way or the other.

Exactly when you work so little you have gotten almost no training, you get no investment as an employee from management, you are not going to care.. Then the good employees are leaving since their benefits have been cut or they just "gave up" and now just go through the motions. And you have to now have so many more employees cause of MyTime short shifting people to prevent benefits means the cycle just keeps going round and round.. Wash, rinse repeat..

If every zone can't be filled, items with low shelf capacities need to be focused on. Who gives a shit if a grocery item sells?

If every zone can't be filled, items with low shelf capacities need to be focused on. Who gives a shit if a grocery item sells?

the thing with shelf capacities is that a fair number of them are wrong. I've seen it mostly in Entertainment. the capacity does not take into account the silly plastic anti-theft condom that has to be put on and oh bloody 'ell how could I forget the spider wrap, those things are just a PITA.

the thing with shelf capacities is that a fair number of them are wrong. I've seen it mostly in Entertainment. the capacity does not take into account the silly plastic anti-theft condom that has to be put on and oh bloody 'ell how could I forget the spider wrap, those things are just a PITA.

In my In-Stocks travels I write down the ones I catch, where the capacity is wrong. My TL does the my support on them. Just from me in a couple days on my support she had two full pages of requests. I added enough when she showed me to have 4 complete pages of requests. Then it resets and wash, rinse, repeat.

It can be in multi locations in mmb. Just flex the discontinued stuff to the floor & label it.

It can be in multi locations in mmb. Just flex the discontinued stuff to the floor & label it.

Flex discontinued!???! you want instocks to come hunt me down and shove my body into the bailer don't you?

but any who, it is not the multiple locations that are not the problem at hand, that is another whole issue, it is individual locations capacity that is off. the store capacity is off because the individual locations are wrong. got product galore but taking into account keepers and spiderwraps the amount the system wants out does not fit.

Capacities need to be on the label. What's the reasoning behind not allowing them on there? Weren't people yelled at before for writing them on the label?

There also needs to be a less time-consuming way to change capacities. If they trust us enough to change prices at the register and change counts of products, they can trust us to change capacities in store through the PDA. If there is an huge deviation, it would appear on some list for someone higher to check out. When someone changes it on a product, it should create a new label with the update capacity in a printable batch and the label system and the store-changeable capacities work great together.

Discontinued MMB shouldn't be flexed because then it is a giant pain to find for the MIRs.

Discontinued MMB shouldn't be flexed because then it is a giant pain to find for the MIRs.

Flexing D-Code MMB can be done if done intelligently and with the Scanback schedule in mind. So I suppose since most stores treat MMB like a red headed step child, yeah...you shouldn't flex in MMB.

So how long and how much training would a team member need for this? Keep into consideration at your avearge store training in almost non existent do to lack of payroll and most stores are facing the highest turnover they have ever had at all levels. This seems like it would require an entire change of culture at Target when it comes to training and turnover, something that will cost money. I also am always concerened that all the failed programs Target has rolled out over the years got rave reviews in test stores. Why that is I am not sure.
I'm pretty sure that is because ETLs and TLs have to talk and act like anything from corporate is the most wonderful thing in the world. Team members have zero input. It's the emperor's new clothes all the way, all the time.

Not completely disagreeing with you. And yes this is all about cost effective ways of doing business. If your not aware Target took a huge hit last year. We do work for a "for profit" organization. When you have things like a security breach take place tons of money will instantly be lost. Combine that with the Canada situation and now your faced with a disision. Continue to loose money or make every penny you spend on payroll be value added as well as boost what made you money in the first place. For us it happens to be a certain level of service that our guests expect. You have to do somthing to bounce back quick or you won't bounce back at all.

You wouldn't happen to be in central florida, would you? Not trying to out you... just curious. I am in central Florida and I know Tina is visiting a store in my district next week. If you're at a super target, great, glad you think the process is working. However, I'd love to hear why you think this would work in a store running on 1800 hours.

Someone, somewhere has got to start telling these motherfuckers calling the shots at corporate that their cookie cutter implementation of processes to multiple volumes of stores DOESN"T FUCKING WORK. LOL. But no, everyone just wants to get promoted or is afraid of losing their job. I used to think that this was a result of the type of leadership that Target hires, but then I realized it's just human nature... most people don't want pushback or to be challenged and will be retaliating immature pricks about it. The true leaders and innovators welcome pushback to an extent because it promotes growth. It is impossible for an individual or two to see all the benefits or detriments to something... thus feedback from all should be welcomed.

One of the test stores is in FL. I want to say central, but near the coast. Yes I'm in a super T, but in GA. Yes I agree, pushback should be welcomed to promote growth. It's futile to think you have the perfect plan all the time. Intelligent third party perspective is super valuable.

Not sure how it would work in a lower volume store. I've only been in a super. However we are a c class store and are not just testing viper but also recently went from a 4am to 6am unload and beginning a metered unload process on Monday. However we started all of this as a path to profitability (P2P) store.

Flexing D-Code MMB can be done if done intelligently and with the Scanback schedule in mind. So I suppose since most stores treat MMB like a red headed step child, yeah...you shouldn't flex in MMB.
With a new stl & dtl in my district, they are looking for flexed movies on the front end caps in the empty spots. I do it on the main focal & 5.00 end cap(all 4 sides). Plus, I let my flow electronic tm know where it is, too.

Viper will be very hard to work in my store. We have such a Hugh turn over and its only going to get worse when my time comes out. We make over projections and still payroll is cut. Call outs everyday. Forget the weekend its a ghost town to find a team member. All of the good tm are leaving in droves. I have never seen my store look so bad except at Christmas. It's also getting out that spot is not a place you want to work. So when you say well then get rid of the people who call off or work slow. Who are you replacing them with? Basicly another body who is more then likely going to care less then the last one you just got rid of. Who wants to work their butts off for the little spot pays then get like 15 hours a week. And for all that butt busting your raise is like 20 cents if your lucky. Sorry for the rant just tired of the whole your replaceable attitude. I was told that this Christmas and after the holidays I asked how did that getting new blood in here go? It was the worst batch of seasonal they have ever had they kept not a one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back