Archived Review Grades this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most got IE. Some Es. Very few Us or EXs. I think maybe two Os.

That's not necessarily this year, but pretty much standard the years past. Probably much the same this year. Pretty much only capped people get EX or O at my store. That's the only way they get a raise.

I got ex but my "raise"" was $0.02

I dont believe it is an ex for 2 cents. i work my butt off. I take that as an insult!

Finally got my review!
I got an IE. I'm not worried about the score, since I know it depends on storewide things like selling redcards. But the comments my TL made were such BS. She wrote that I needed to "help out other TMs more" and "communicate more with upper management". Ha!!!
First of all, anytime my TL sees me helping out a TM by folding a table or helping the operator sort reshop, she moves me back to my area. Second of all, the ETLs are incredibly busy and they hate it when TMs approach them. Everybody at my store understands that. I come to them when it's important, but why would I communicate every problem I have when I could easily just ask someone else?
The sad thing is that I was actually really hoping my ETLs would give me feedback when I first started. I felt kind of disappointed when I realized they weren't even paying enough attention to give me any constructive criticism. And clearly, my TL hasn't been watching me either. I'm all for getting feedback, but that means you have to actually take the time to observe me. Don't just make up shit.

Finally got my review!
I got an IE. I'm not worried about the score, since I know it depends on storewide things like selling redcards. But the comments my TL made were such BS. She wrote that I needed to "help out other TMs more" and "communicate more with upper management". Ha!!!
First of all, anytime my TL sees me helping out a TM by folding a table or helping the operator sort reshop, she moves me back to my area. Second of all, the ETLs are incredibly busy and they hate it when TMs approach them. Everybody at my store understands that. I come to them when it's important, but why would I communicate every problem I have when I could easily just ask someone else?
The sad thing is that I was actually really hoping my ETLs would give me feedback when I first started. I felt kind of disappointed when I realized they weren't even paying enough attention to give me any constructive criticism. And clearly, my TL hasn't been watching me either. I'm all for getting feedback, but that means you have to actually take the time to observe me. Don't just make up shit.

It sucks having to give some of these reviews too. We basically get told that this is the score we can give them. Especially since they schedule TLs like TMs. How am I supposed to properly give criticism/praise if I rarely see these people?

@Jack of all Workcenters
Ask other TMs. I know that most TMs aren't going to throw each other under the bus, but the TMs that you've known for a while are probably going to be upfront with you or find a nice way to say other TMs' weaknesses.

Last edited:
So I found out my other peers got E's and O's and meanwhile I got a IE?? I am so livid right now......... I literally bust my chops all day doing pulls helping the team going up for back-ups and I get IE?? I simply don't get it.

still haven't gotten mine, i'm off till Monday at 2:30 pm ... i'll just check on Monday online and find what my new hourly rate is !! ha, who needs to have a discussion just look online and see what you get.

Reviews are the time of the year when I am once again reminded that all I do will never be enough for Target.

Had mine today. I was in no rush to get to the TSC. I made my TL wait 10 minutes after she called me so I could finish a cleaning task. I was told things I already knew about my work. "You run consumables, and you know it." Duh. The area of improvement that was suggested was vendor relations, which my TL said that she wanted to sit down and help me with. I've only been asking her to do that with me for the past year! Pretty sure she saw my nostrils flair when I detected that bs. My ETL so nicely left notes in smudged pen too. Red cards. Push AAR, cartwheel, and mobile coupons at the checklanes. Yeah. Last time I checked I was the PA not a front end TM.

I practically light myself on fire to keep others warm as they walk through PFresh. I got an EX and a raise that finally boosted me past $10. I've gotten EX ratings before and met whatever new challenge the TL made up. I constantly do more than what is asked of me. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, or entitled, or anything, but what does it take to get an O in this place?

I'm curious too. What the heck is the difference between excellent and outstanding? Seems the same to me. Why is O so impossible? I work my ass off, respond to back up quick, team members basically look up to me when i need help and tell me i should be team lead all the time. Do I have to be buddy buddy with etls or team leads? I just don't get it. It's constantly a EX rating for me. I don't know what I have to do to get an O

Ex would have gotten O if I cared to fight for it more but it helps that all the TL and ETLs know me and generally like me. Also helps that some of my peers are foils making my work look even more impressive. Not worth getting an O I work as hard as my worth ethic demands which is from where I get there till I leave I do work whenever possible. I'm not going to kill myself physically and mentally(the ass kissing) in hopes of getting the like 2 O's my store hands out. Although I'm sure my STL sides with handing out no O's given I know my store auto gives IE as the score for anyone under a year.

Last edited:
I'm curious too. What the heck is the difference between excellent and outstanding? Seems the same to me. Why is O so impossible? I work my ass off, respond to back up quick, team members basically look up to me when i need help and tell me i should be team lead all the time. Do I have to be buddy buddy with etls or team leads? I just don't get it. It's constantly a EX rating for me. I don't know what I have to do to get an O
Usually only one team member gets the O in the store.

Usually only one team member gets the O in the store.
This. We get one for our lv store. One. Even the ex are given out sparingly. I've gotten an ie every year until this one. Twentyish cent raise. Which sucks but not as bad as the majority below me who got fifteen cents or less.

At my ninety day I was told nobody ever gets an O. I don't think they understand how a scoring rubric works...

My TL said to get an "O" you basically have to be doing your supervisors job.

I suspect there is also a decent amount of ass kissing involved as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back