Archived Secret sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target will never sell out to Walmart. Ever, that is standard fact of corporate behaviors. Target does not copy Walmart either, they steer clear of that intentionally.

As far as online shopping goes, there have already been online markets for a decade and people still choose to physically shop for their merchandise. Target will definitely expand on their produce and food market though. We will probably see a big rise in target changing how they manage their grocery market.

How can you honesty say target does not copy walmart? You are dead wrong if you think target does not copy walmart. Warmart raised what they pay hourly employees, target copied that move not long after....The last few years target did not announce black friday hours until after walmart, so they could copy walmart.

How can you honesty say target does not copy walmart? You are dead wrong if you think target does not copy walmart. Warmart raised what they pay hourly employees, target copied that move not long after....The last few years target did not announce black friday hours until after walmart, so they could copy walmart.
When it comes to pay and Black Friday hours, that's not copying, it's competing. They needed to boost team member pay to compete for quality employees, and all the store's try to beat out their competitors for Black Friday money, which leads to the longer hours.

That's like saying comp shopping Walmart is copying them. Sure, but that's only "copying" on a very superficial level to stay competitive and to stay in line with basic retail trends.

If you look at the company focuses and target demographics, they tell another story.

As far as online shopping goes, there have already been online markets for a decade and people still choose to physically shop for their merchandise. Target will definitely expand on their produce and food market though. We will probably see a big rise in target changing how they manage their grocery market.

As long as there are the folks who grew up and had families when B&M shopping was the ONLY way to shop are still living, stores will continue to exist. However, when the only shoppers that are left are the ones who grew up managing all facets of their life via apps, there will be little need for physical stores. I think stores will continue to exist, but there will be less of them and their focus will be to showcase and act as a mini distribution centers.

I just see my store being a nightmare if they expect one backroom tm to pull the CAFs and possibly the ungodly amount of SPU orders themselves

Agree. But I wonder about the delivery infrastructure and the shift in resources to optimize it. Boggles the mind the possible changes our society will experience.

However, when the only shoppers that are left are the ones who grew up managing all facets of their life via apps, there will be little need for physical stores. I think stores will continue to exist, but there will be less of them and their focus will be to showcase and act as a mini distribution centers.

Even then I just don't see the stores becoming obsolete. Online shopping is popular but it's men who avoid stores thanks to online shopping, most women do both. Besides it's not like we're only getting senior citizens who will die off and stop patronizing us plenty of young moms in their late 20's who have their nose buried in their phones still love Target.

I get the sense Target is going to hang on by catering to the experience (for the suburban white mom) - free Wifi and Starbucks in stores. Again what more could a housewife want?

How do guests find out about this? Just luck up by walking in, or will it be announced in a commercial?
My DTL said stores are expected to beat their sales goals by 15% so I'd imagine there'll be an ad campaign behind it, probably much of it on social media.

How do guests find out about this? Just luck up by walking in, or will it be announced in a commercial?
It is in the supplement ad that comes out this Saturday/Sunday. Although, the exclusions are only listed on the coupon in the ad. I'm sure there will be at least a couple of guests who will miss the exclusions and raise a fuss. Also, Spot will probably send texts to those who have subscribed to them. (They will probably have the coupon at each register in case the guest missed it.)

It is in the supplement ad that comes out this Saturday/Sunday. Although, the exclusions are only listed on the coupon in the ad. I'm sure there will be at least a couple of guests who will miss the exclusions and raise a fuss. Also, Spot will probably send texts to those who have subscribed to them. (They will probably have the coupon at each register in case the guest missed it.)
So it's really just a coupon, not an actual sale? Or will there be a special ad for saturday/sunday in addition to the coupon?

So it's really just a coupon, not an actual sale? Or will there be a special ad for saturday/sunday in addition to the coupon?
The 10 % is placed in a number of places in the weekly ad but the blurbs don't call out the coupon itself. They say just check for the exclusions on page 2 where they are listed on the coupon. I think we will be told to scan the coupon at the register for every guest if they don't present the coupon. If the cashier doesn't scan the guest's coupon or the one at the register the guest won't get the 10% off. I know of no other ad coming out for this, just the regular weekly ad.

But if I have to get this online, how am I supposed to open the box and leave the parts and packaging strewn about the store?

Even then I just don't see the stores becoming obsolete. Online shopping is popular but it's men who avoid stores thanks to online shopping, most women do both. Besides it's not like we're only getting senior citizens who will die off and stop patronizing us plenty of young moms in their late 20's who have their nose buried in their phones still love Target.

I get the sense Target is going to hang on by catering to the experience (for the suburban white mom) - free Wifi and Starbucks in stores. Again what more could a housewife want?

And 40 years from now, they still won't be able to even.

Got a stanchion sign today. It says save 10% off. I didn't read all the exclusions.

I am thinking Target will continue going down hill trying different things that copy Wal-Mart and the quality of stuff and workers will continue going the way of Kmart until Target goes out of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back