MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Vendor did come and set it up. I can not for the life of me why year after year HQ always has it on a back endcap! I feel the same way about the holiday wine endcaps but them on the front. We're not a big wine seller but we have to take it no matter what.
I always used the endcap for something else . And set the fireworks at the check-lanes and one in stationary front endcap .

Has anyone noticed more frequent issues with adjacency maps lately? Stuff like not matching the floor pad, footage being off, updating with a map of 2019 etc. Tired of having to submit my chats to fix it.

Has anyone noticed more frequent issues with adjacency maps lately? Stuff like not matching the floor pad, footage being off, updating with a map of 2019 etc. Tired of having to submit my chats to fix it.

Yes, we've noticed as well. Stationary was FUBAR for us. And still not completely fixed yet. HQ fixed, removed, then added back the wrong Party 1 POG and we have an empty 4ft space at the end of one aisle for some reason.

No. I'm pretty sure it's the SPT team in India who have absolutely no clue what they're doing, in combination with some technology issues involving migration and integration from legacy systems
I heard from somewhere, probably here in another thread, that POG layout planning (or whatever the correct phrase is) had been brought back to an in-house operation because there had been so many problems with the India team.
No idea if that's actually true, but if it is, that would explain these growing pains. During the last transition for Personal Care, there was a POG that was supposed to be reverse but isn't. And because not all the label strips were replaced with new ones, it's sort of half & half now. During the OTC transitions, there were multiple strips that I had to cut and slide around to match where the product and ISM actually fit. Looks a little like something out of Dr. Frankenstein's lab.

Yes, we've noticed as well. Stationary was FUBAR for us. And still not completely fixed yet. HQ fixed, removed, then added back the wrong Party 1 POG and we have an empty 4ft space at the end of one aisle for some reason.
We were still dealing with Pet transitions issues until last week... They wanted us to put wet cat food on the HC aisle holding the big bags of dry cat food, and put the dry cat food on a regular gondola, we didn't do this and instead left them in place and made our own pogs. We mysupported it and they fixed the dry cat food, but the wet cat food pog they kept sending was wet dog food labeled at cat food... We finally got it fixed now, but like man so many issues from just one transition...

I also noticed during other transitions that POGs seem to be returning to how they were laid out BEFORE our remodel, including adding items we no longer carry since remodel (and come up not carried here)

Last edited:
I also noticed during other transitions that POGs seem to be returning to how they were laid out BEFORE our remodel, including adding items we no longer carry since remodel (and come up not carried here)

☝🏻 This right here! This is so much of the problem for us too. Haven't heard of any Pets issues for us but definitely Stationary and Women's Hosiery.

Does anyone know the part number for the white bars that hold the bookcase shelves in home flat? I only found part numbers for the whole set.
@SigningLady

I struck out too. It might be better to get the whole set anyway, as there are two slightly different versions of shelves and the bars don't translate well between them.

For any Presentation leads, make sure to take a close look at your new candy and storage adjacencies to check for any footage errors (pre-ties Monday) and to get an understanding of the scope of movement. Especially in your Auto/Garage/ASTV area.

For any Presentation leads, make sure to take a close look at your new candy and storage adjacencies to check for any footage errors (pre-ties Monday) and to get an understanding of the scope of movement. Especially in your Auto/Garage/ASTV area.

Our candy is flipping and pegs are now all pushers.

Back