Archived Spouse using Employee Discount

Status
Not open for further replies.
New team member here (seasonal). Our family grocery shops at Target weekly, but it's my husband who does the shopping. I am the brand new team member.

I've read in the handbook and it says the discount extends to spouses. Does that mean that I can give him my card and not have to go with him to SuperTarget?

I didn't want to look to greedy in the store and ask about it.

My discount card will be the temporary one. Does that make a difference?

Yeah, request a spouse discount card on eHR and don't let him use your discount card, temporary or otherwise. When you log on, it will say "Request a Team Member discount card" as one of your links and one of the options should be spouse.

Thanks! I haven't ever logged into eHR. I think I do that tomorrow. I'm glad he gets his own. That will work out really well.

You can also get one for a domestic partner. I was able to get one for my fiance that way.

You can also get one for a domestic partner. I was able to get one for my fiance that way.

That's only good for those states where same sex marriage isn't legal yet. And for those, you have to pay the taxes on the discount because it isn't a state recognized marriage. So be careful going that route. Of course do it if you need to.

We aren't same sex, but we met the requirements for domestic partnership because we have lived together for years and are planning on staying together (getting married this June). I wasn't aware that we would have to pay taxes on that. We use her card more than I use mine:(

I was issued a "dependent" card along with my permanent discount card. I didn't have to request it.

We aren't same sex, but we met the requirements for domestic partnership because we have lived together for years and are planning on staying together (getting married this June). I wasn't aware that we would have to pay taxes on that. We use her card more than I use mine:(
The tax reason is the reason i didn't get my partner one. 99% of the time he is with me - it wasn't worth the tax hassle to get him one to use while on the road. It went thru it when I was going to order the card.

I only got mine last year, and had to order my daughter one - which came with another for me and the dependent one for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back