Archived Target DC Physical assessement test

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few question about the Physical assessement test at DC. I got an 85% on the first part of and i did not have enough weight in the second part. So Hr telling me i failed a portion of the test. Do I have to retake both of them and what are they looking for hart beat rate? I got a phone call from the place where they sent the test in they are say i failed both parts, I am retaking it over in a few weeks any info would help out. i have been going for a 3 mile walk every day to help bring my hart rate down I just need this job and dont want to fail it again. THANKS

I've honestly never heard of failing the assessment and they keep their pass/fail criterion secret, so I can't really say what you need to 'hit' in order to pass. If you don't have any serious heart conditions or are too overweight, my suggestion is to get on the cardio. HARD. Burpees, suicide runs and high-intensity interval training will get some pretty fast cardio gains if you stick with them. Rest a few days each week and eat big to recover and gain strength. It won't be fun and certainly will not be easy, but it'll probably be the quickest way to change your resting heart rate in a short time.

I've honestly never heard of failing the assessment and they keep their pass/fail criterion secret, so I can't really say what you need to 'hit' in order to pass. If you don't have any serious heart conditions or are too overweight, my suggestion is to get on the cardio. HARD. Burpees, suicide runs and high-intensity interval training will get some pretty fast cardio gains if you stick with them. Rest a few days each week and eat big to recover and gain strength. It won't be fun and certainly will not be easy, but it'll probably be the quickest way to change your resting heart rate in a short time.
i think these are solid ideas. Also if you couldn't pick up enough weight with good form, you may want to get something that weighs about the same and practice it at home. I would advise starting to lift weights but i doubt you will get much strength from it in that little of time. Sometimes it just takes a little practice. Btw i almost failed the heart rate test too since i was nervous during the testing. Maybe lay off caffeine before you go in to keep your heart rate slower.

I go back on the 8th for the re test, I did ask since i had the flu over the weekend before the 1st test and that might of played effect on the test. I have been walking 3 miles a day and going up and down the stairs at twice a day at 20 times and i check the results on my phone afterwards sys=115, DIA=68, PLUSE = 74. I hopefully will pass it this time and I will stop having coffee on this saturday. Thanks to everyone for the help full hits.

I've been at DC T-0578 in Tyler, TX for eight years. As far as the physical goes.....don't use all the weights only use the two middle ones. Take your time and don't worry that'll just make your heart rate go up.

I just got off the phone with HR and yet again failed ON THE RETEST. Now I have to wait 60 days before retest, Guessing I should look at source of employment.The nurse said i passed not sure what to think, my hart rate down to 63 compared to 77 with the flu. WHY OFFER SOMEONE A FULL TIME JOB THAT CAN PASS BACKGROUND CHECK AND PASS DRUG TEST ,BUT NOT ASSESSMENT TEST.

Last edited:
So I got off the phone with ergonomic they said i failed the test due to my my hart was 147, and that it should be down to 125. The nurse told me when i was there taking it was 63 but she also look into and said i did not pass the step test so is the step test with the weights or is it stepping up on the step for 3 mins? Because she made me stop twice with the weights in the box and my time was at 5:01. So confused... The nurse was getting mad because she felt and i felt that i passed it this time.Or they were looking at the wrong test? Because why i say that he asked me what percent i got the first test. And they both where the same percent. So he also said walking would not do any good.

Last edited:
No the 147 is my target hart rate. My resting heart is 63. I just found a formula where anyone can use and it will tell them.I been i a trradmill for a week and its came down to 140. So i have a few more weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back