Archived Target Express likely coming to Philadelphia

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer how backroom works at these type of stores...there is a small stockroom in the back. I'm not sure of the name for this, but the aisles are basically long metal bookshelves on tracks, and with the turn of a wheel the various aisles open/close to allow access. I was only there for one day to help set up, but there is another Express opening near me next year. I'm hoping to be recruited to help out with that one as well. I've heard there will be an STL and about 8 TLs, no ETLs. We'll see.

To answer how backroom works at these type of stores...there is a small stockroom in the back. I'm not sure of the name for this, but the aisles are basically long metal bookshelves on tracks, and with the turn of a wheel the various aisles open/close to allow access. I was only there for one day to help set up, but there is another Express opening near me next year. I'm hoping to be recruited to help out with that one as well. I've heard there will be an STL and about 8 TLs, no ETLs. We'll see.

Domino Ln, right?

Domino Ln, right?
Sorry, should have clarified. I wasn't involved in the Philly store. With the Expresses starting to pop up in my district, along with renovations/remodels, TMs from my store are being shuffled elsewhere quite often.

So the entire backroom is made up of mobile aisles?

My store has those movable aisles. They are the bane of my existence.

We have two sections of them in our light-duty stockroom. The only complaints I have are that 1.) they can be a pain when the CAFs are heavy (because only one aisle in the section can be open at a time) and 2.) they don't have the Cotterman ladders.

So the entire backroom is made up of mobile aisles?

At least in the store I helped set up, at least 80% of the back room was made up of these mobile aisles. And yeah, as said, no ladders. However, most of those aisles weren't more than 6.5 feet high, so it wasn't a huge issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back