Archived Target Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone have any problems with Target Mobile? At my store since they are not Target employees but work for a vendor or outside company they seem to have this attitude that they don't need to do anything Target says. For example when it is slow guest traffic wise they are texting all night on their phones, talking and following around other team members, and taking extra long breaks. When there is a guest a lot of the times the mobile employee is no where to be found.

They get paid more than a sales floor team member, plus they get commission. Now the latest news straight from them is that they are going to get commission on all electronics items! So they have no zones, no LOD to listen to, they can do whatever they want, get paid on average $10-$12 an hour, now get commission for every electronics item. Their boss promised them a $7000 commission check the first month this electronic commission rolled out. I feel like target is raping its employees. We work way to hard for such Shitty pay and treatment!

I guess this is why there's such low turnover with them. They're not making much on commission though.

Not much probably not, but if you compare a Target Electronics team member and a Target Mobile. The mobile employee gets paid more than an electronics team member. Who works harder?? That should be an easy one. What I really want to know is if this commission on electronics item is true. If so this should be a slap in the face for every Target hourly employee. I see how hard each of us work, the sacrifices Target expects from us, and all for poverty pay. Target Mobile should be an example of mistreatment Target allows.

At my store Target Mobile actually makes less hourly than electronics TMs. (Not including commission of course.) They don't make commission off all electronics items, from what I've heard it only extends to Beats products and I think Sonos or Bose. There definitely is tension management-wise, I've always found the whole "I work at Target but not for Target" kind of weird. Thankfully, we have a pretty good team at my store. I have a good relationship with all of them and we help each other out. They'll help cashier and guest service even for things not in electronics, (and we all know when trying to zone electronics, luggage, seasonal, toys, sporting goods, automotive, and baby by yourself you're gonna need some backup) and I try to help them sell prepaids or mobile accessories and then having the guest check out with them.

Ours always calls a TM for prepaid. I guess because they don't have keys?

This is why I've always been jealous of vendors. Sure they might have GPS, but I'll take that over "where you at?" everyday.

our Target Mobile guys are awesome. they basically just act like Electronics TMs who just happen to wear black buttondowns and different nametags. I almost wish there'd been a position open with them instead of Target proper when I went to apply, because they are really fun to work with and my last job was dealing entirely with cell phone service so it wouldn't be a huge stretch, haha.

our Target Mobile guys are awesome. they basically just act like Electronics TMs who just happen to wear black buttondowns and different nametags. I almost wish there'd been a position open with them instead of Target proper when I went to apply, because they are really fun to work with and my last job was dealing entirely with cell phone service so it wouldn't be a huge stretch, haha.

Omg same here. I love my store's mobile TMs. They actually help out. Sometimes they have an electronics key which helps SO much

Our Mobile team is pretty helpful. They often assist me with guest questions when I'm covering electronics since I don't know anything about consumer electronics.

Couple things here to the original postet. First, you knew the terms when you signed up. The fact that someone else in the store with a specialized skill set is making more money is par for the course. If you want to make more money, acquire valuable skills.

If I piss off my STL, I'm gone unless they can find another store willing to take me. That's why I drop everything for code yellow, stand by spills and know the Skylanders. But the reason I'm paid to be in the stir is to sell phones...and now other electronics.

We only get commission, and nowhere near enough to make it worth the bs , if we sell electronics and a phone at the same time. The actual situation isn't as bad as the breathlessly hysteric one.

I love our target mobile TM's. they are always helping out plus they find me great deals when I am looking for a phone!

They're not Target employees...they don't even get a TM discount anymore. Their paycheck doesn't say "Target" on it. Why do you think they should be beholden to Target core roles or be given zone assignments? Just because they're in the store?

And if you have issues with their performance, they have a District Manager that you can contact. But they're only going to care if their violating THEIR policies. Not Target's. Because, you know, they don't work for Target.

I mean, you might as well be complaining about how the Pepsi salesrep doesn't have to zone or help guests and is paid more.

They're not Target employees...they don't even get a TM discount anymore. Their paycheck doesn't say "Target" on it. Why do you think they should be beholden to Target core roles or be given zone assignments? Just because they're in the store?

And if you have issues with their performance, they have a District Manager that you can contact. But they're only going to care if their violating THEIR policies. Not Target's. Because, you know, they don't work for Target.

I mean, you might as well be complaining about how the Pepsi salesrep doesn't have to zone or help guests and is paid more.

So what does their paycheck say?

I don't know if the electronics commission thing is legit as your saying. I believe your missing out (sold along with a phone)

I have worked for Target Mobile for abut six weeks now and have completed the training that explains how we get paid. Perhaps it's different in other stores/the new electronics set/different regions.

Our mobile team is great. Both of them are always willing to help when electronics is on break/lunch and you're covering electronics but don't have much knowledge about a product. They usually know quite a bit since they pick it up from the electronics TMs.

You know i hate to say, but reading up on some info, Market source employees (Target mobile) arent supposed to leave the Phone area, aren't supposed to have a magnetic key either. They have set guidlines, which i am grateful they break at my store. They help out so much. I help them, they help me. Otherwise electronics would be a hell hold for both of us.

They do have to follow some target policies though. They have to follow the same policies regarding POS, and calling the people guest. Im sure there are others too. But honestly I wonder if it would be best to have Electronic TMs implemented into Market source. Or vice-versa. Make it to where both parties can do both areas. I know for fact Target Mobile loses sales when they work 12-8. Many people dont come back after they come in at 10, and we cant do a contract upgrade. It would be nice to be able to earn extra money, and help the guest.

Did Target Mobile become a wholly subsidiary of Target Corp. going forward? I remember reading about Radio Shack had creating a mobile division in order to get inside retailers, Target being one of them. Not sure what happened if RS divested interest.

We have one Target Mobile team member who is amazing, is very knowledgeable and is always helping out in electronics and around the store, comes to huddles, knows everyone in the store, etc. But unfortunately she was on maternity leave and scaled back her hours so we don't see her much anymore...so the people who are there in her place are usually MIA, texting at Starbucks with their walkies turned off, on their fifth 15 minute break for the day, or have left early for the day without telling anyone. I don't expect them to do things actual TMs do, but the ones we get lately don't seem to do much of anything at all...

Did Target Mobile become a wholly subsidiary of Target Corp. going forward? I remember reading about Radio Shack had creating a mobile division in order to get inside retailers, Target being one of them. Not sure what happened if RS divested interest.
No market source bought out the target mobile division. Basically target is in bed with a new company :p

No market source bought out the target mobile division. Basically target is in bed with a new company :p

Now, now. Let's not slut shame Spot.

So, are the Target mobile people suppose to help out in the rest of the store? Cause I never really see ours outside of elect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back