MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

You're most certainly welcome. I'd like to echo @OtherGuy's sentiment about the latest software update as it was the last one either of us had anything to do with. Before leaving, a few of us crafted a list of 40+ ideas and enhancements for myDevice, so hopefully those will see the light of day over the next year. I see that @AnotherGuy & @mobileFellow are already running with the torch here; so, the very best of luck to you all! :)
I'm pretty new around here and I'm curious what's up with the team changing up. Were some of you moved to another project or just move on to another employer?

I ran into kind of a small annoyance when checking the ad this morning. I was using the method of typing in an aisle number and viewing all the promo signs. When I got to my focal aisle, I noticed that the first section was under the 'endcap' header but section 2, of the focal, was under the 'section 1' header and section 3 under 'section 2'. As a programmer, I love it when things are indexed to 0 but my tired mind had to think about it for a second.

Anyone having problems with accurate OH counts on the screen that pops up when it tells you the item Is going clearance. We've had it say 12OH and then when we scan it and look at the details page there is only 5. @Triscuit @Red Buffalo @FlipTo4
The on hands on the screen that " that pops up when it tells you the item Is going clearance" currently has an issue where is displays the previous item's on hands if the items are scanned fast. A fix will be available after the peak season freeze around Jan/Feb depending on Store.

The on hands on the screen that " that pops up when it tells you the item Is going clearance" currently has an issue where is displays the previous item's on hands if the items are scanned fast. A fix will be available after the peak season freeze around Jan/Feb depending on Store.

Thanks for the fast response!

Did you guys know if you make an exf batch or whatever it is now with the mydevice and then delete it it goes into the cafs

i could have saved so much goddamn time

I'm pretty new around here and I'm curious what's up with the team changing up. Were some of you moved to another project or just move on to another employer?
Just casualties of a large corporate downsizing & re-structure. @OtherGuy was let go as part of the layoff while I've been moved to the basement where I'm in constant search for my stapler. :) :) It's all good. I know @AnotherGuy and @mobileFellow and they're great! You're in good hands.

Did you guys know if you make an exf batch or whatever it is now with the mydevice and then delete it it goes into the cafs
How do you delete it?

You hit the person icon in the top left corner and hit the batch name to view it. At the bottom, there should be a button to delete it. If the batch has already been closed, it's too late; you have to pull it to clear it from the PDA.

@oath2order, is that what you were talking about?

while I've been moved to the basement where I'm in constant search for my stapler. :) :)

Yeah, if you could just go ahead and take care of that rat problem we've been having down there, that'd be great.

Is anyone else having problems signing out with the new update? Whenever I hit 'Sign Out', it just brought me back to the main scanning splash screen

@AnotherGuy @mobileFellow any reason why none of our iPods were able to do OF counts or edit capacities today?

You should be back in order today ... there was some network fun yesterday that kept devices from knowing they should let you do that (same reason some/many folks were unable to login and stay logged in). Are you sorted out today?

We should be able to use the my device at guest service to process store pick up orders. None of us know the password to sign into My Go. Our iPads only work about 2 out if 20 tries. Also,our registry guests are getting really tired of the iPods not working.

We should be able to use the my device at guest service to process store pick up orders. None of us know the password to sign into My Go. Our iPads only work about 2 out if 20 tries. Also,our registry guests are getting really tired of the iPods not working.
Password for for myGO on the myDevices—if it's universal for all the stores because I signed in to another sister store and looked at their orders—is all lowercase "juniper", not even kidding. Try that and see. I have to sign all of ours in on Thursday when I do my final myDevice update for the year.

Password for for myGO on the myDevices—if it's universal for all the stores because I signed in to another sister store and looked at their orders—is all lowercase "juniper", not even kidding. Try that and see. I have to sign all of ours in on Thursday when I do my final myDevice update for the year.
Where was that communicated to us?

o_O

Anyone having problems with accurate OH counts on the screen that pops up when it tells you the item Is going clearance. We've had it say 12OH and then when we scan it and look at the details page there is only 5. @Triscuit @Red Buffalo @FlipTo4

We've had this problem. The OH displayed within the pchg program after you scan an item is VASTLY different than what is listed on the details page. After some investigation, it seems the details page is correct. So the price change app is producing some crazy stuff on its own. Right after our inventory too, so errors are more pronounced.

We've also recently been having the old problem of items scanned and activated not activating from the "on the floor" division location. Instead, it's being activated under "in the back" FIRST. Thank goodness for the green check marks (@UIguy) otherwise we wouldn't know for sure what we've actually ticketed or not.

@AnotherGuy

Last edited:
Our GSTL called 701 and asked and they told him. I was like, oh, well, OK. Would have been nice to know...
sounds good. I was just making sure that I didn't miss something. That would definitely be nice to know! You would think that it would just pull it from MyWork or something.

Back