MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Why not make STO, SUBT, and PULL work like this:

Scan item, scan BR location
Menu pops up, you choose either STO, SUBT, or PULL
Enter quantity, tap done

Seems like a more efficient system to me, especially if you could have a backroom mode that would set one of those as the default choice so you wouldn't have to choose what you're doing, just entering quantities.

Enter quantity, tap done

Seems like a more efficient system to me, especially if you could have a backroom mode that would set one of those as the default choice so you wouldn't have to choose what you're doing, just entering quantities.
Tagging for @UIguy since this is awesome

Enter quantity, tap done

Sounds reasonable for STO and SUBT. But PULL is for batches, so it doesn't really work the same way. However, instead of being based solely on fillgroups, the batches could be location-based. This would help for those batches that have you running from stockroom to stockroom because one item in the batch is in a bulk location, or all the items that require a WAVe could be batched together.

Enter quantity, tap done

Sounds reasonable for STO and SUBT. But PULL is for batches, so it doesn't really work the same way. However, instead of being based solely on fillgroups, the batches could be location-based. This would help for those batches that have you running from stockroom to stockroom because one item in the batch is in a bulk location, or all the items that require a WAVe could be batched together.
I'm sure you know much more about backroom than I do, I only know how SUBT and STO work from ~5 minutes of training from another TM. @UIguy all this possible in a future update? It does sound more efficient to group items that are in the same aisle, or that require a WAVE to get, rather than having TMs running around the backroom when doing a pull.

I'm sure you know much more about backroom than I do, I only know how SUBT and STO work from ~5 minutes of training from another TM.

I'm actually not even backroom certified. :D A former ETL of mine showed me how to pull batches on an emergency basis (i.e. backroom couldn't get all the CAFs pulled by the top of the hour and needed help ASAP, and I happened to have a PDA that day). The greater majority of what I know about the backroom (or really any workcenter), I learned on here.

At my store, dry grocery is kept in a separate stockroom, and the fillgroups for dry grocery include bulk items (see: pallets of popular canned goods) in the receiving stockroom. So as you can imagine, there's a lot of back-and-forth involved in pulling the market CAFs if you're pulling by yourself.

Enter quantity, tap done

For one item this would work. If you are backstocking a flat of H&B repacks, choosing STO for every item will be time consuming.

Ours updated yesterday and there's no new functionality that I can see. I was so looking forward to getting SUBT.
It's in there. It's hard to find.
When you want to SUBT something, you click the product name, and where it shows you the backroom locations, there's a "take" button with a "-" symbol right next to it, it will let you subt the item. Unfortunately you can't do subt 999, and at the very bottom theres a destroy item option , aka QMOS (Its slow). I haven't quite figured out how to STO yet, I'm guessing you scan a backroom location then an item maybe? not sure but I'll find out.

Go ahead and try it...oh wait... Dog-gone-it.

Ours updated yesterday and there's no new functionality that I can see. I was so looking forward to getting SUBT.
When you want to SUBT something, you click the product name, and where it shows you the backroom locations, there's a "take" button with a "-" symbol right next to it, it will let you subt the item. Unfortunately you can't do subt 999, and at the very bottom theres a destroy item option , aka QMOS (Its slow). I haven't quite figured out how to STO yet, I'm guessing you scan a backroom location then an item maybe? not sure but I'll find out.

Ours had an update, but still no "take"option.

You STO by scanning the item, then scanning the location. It will jump right to a screen asking how many you want to put there. I've found that any of the applications (STO, SUBT, QMOS,etc.) work quicker when you use them repeatedly by themselves. It's when you try to switch between them real fast that it starts to slow down.

Enter quantity, tap done

For one item this would work. If you are backstocking a flat of H&B repacks, choosing STO for every item will be time consuming.
Thus is why there needs to be a backroom mode so you can set STO to be the default, or even if you want the quantity to be automatically set to 1 instead of entering that. This way you would be able to scan the item, then scan the BR location, and move on to the next item.

I've been having an issue with mydevices and I'm wondering if anyone's been experiencing the same. Sometimes the scanner would stop working and I would have to restart the device. Does this happen to anyone else?

I've been having an issue with mydevices and I'm wondering if anyone's been experiencing the same. Sometimes the scanner would stop working and I would have to restart the device. Does this happen to anyone else?

Happens to me all the time.

I know someone else discussed the idea about the PULL functions. Having a separate Backroom Function. Go into it. It has the menu slider like Instocks and Pricing and you choose--I'll use my store for instance, our CAFs drop at 1pm--you select it and it shuts the menu down to that bottom bar and that guides you to the location, scan it, find which item and pull it and the system brings up the next item. It also has the skip button to skip around items for instance BULK instead of running back and forth between Bulk and light duty. I don't see how difficult it to do that. Also the Backroom mode would include STO and SUBT obviously. Then I'd never have to touch a PDA again. I haven't used a myDevice at all this week because I'm having to pull batches and backstock and all that.

Edit: @UIguy PLEASE make something like this happen!

Last edited:
All the time. I think sometimes it happens when you unlock the screen and try to scan something while its still loading? Other times I have no idea, probably something to do with the stars not being right.

At least the most annoying issue of getting logged out all the time has been fixed. On that note they need a different keyboard. Even if you have the device turned horizontal, which does not always rotate the screen, the kayboard is small. I have big fingers.

At least the most annoying issue of getting logged out all the time has been fixed. On that note they need a different keyboard. Even if you have the device turned horizontal, which does not always rotate the screen, the kayboard is small. I have big fingers.

That is the Apple flaw.

That is the Apple flaw.

Very true, but anyone with a smartphone can download a more suitable keyboard to use. Its our developers fault for using the poopy default one.

That worked, thanks! They now regard me as some sort of genius.

STO is just scanning the item, scanning the location, and entering a quantity. I'll have to do a side by side with a PDA, but it didn't seem to be as fast as the PDA.

STO is just scanning the item, scanning the location, and entering a quantity. I'll have to do a side by side with a PDA, but it didn't seem to be as fast as the PDA.

I feel like it's comparable to an LPDA (which I tend to prefer for most backroom functions). I think what sets the myDevice apart is how fast it is at SUBT9999 things. There's no toggling and it only takes 3 scans.

It's a shame though, they will never be used fully until devices start to be phased out at my store.

Back