MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

What kind of training did you get for DA, if any?

My store got nothing. They handed us them when they first came in and said here, go do random tasks for an hour.. lol.

luckily I taught myself more and more every day and looking in this thread taught me a lot as well. I know more than most or our Digital Advisors as a result

Also, ordering from an order guide is a pain with a myDevice. It's scanning accuracy is outright horrible. You have to cover up the barcodes around the item you're scanning to scan the correct one most of the time. It's very, very inaccurate.
You could get a sheet of paper & cut a window in it so you can only see the barcode you want. Kinda low-tech but it might help

What kind of training did you get for DA, if any?
To be 100% honest with you, 0. I taught myself, but with the tools HQ provided leading up to the rollout in October. I studied the starter guide everyday because I knew it was going to be a hot mess. I used to be in electronics so the tech side was good for me and with me being a "Apple fanboy" if you want to call me that, it helped with troubleshooting when things went awry. We have/had a few other DAs but I think they wanted to be one just so they could get their hands on one when they came in early. I wanted to be one because yes I wanted to get my hands on one, too, but I also knew the responsibilities that came with that role. There is also a DA roll guide as well that details your roll in the initial rollout and going forward with app updates, ideas, & troubleshooting. Like I said some posts back. I take my role very seriously.

I need this in Electronics. All the manufacturers love to play "let's shove all the barcodes as close together as possible." ESPECIALLY prepaid phones.
Besides just scanning very close another trick would be to start too close, align the green line with the barcode and draw the gun backwards, it will register as soon as the green line is the width of the barcode.
And to try and simplify the paper idea with say electronics that have the tiny barcodes just cover part of the barcode(s) that you don't want to scan with your fingers, you just have to cover any part of it from top to bottom. This of course is easier if you have a table to set the object down on.
And absolute worst case you can always key it in.

Just a few ideas I had playing with it at my desk.

That option is there. Scan the label, select print signs. Stop! Don't hit any buttons! Look for the tiny down arrow at the bottom. That is where you select the type of label or sign you need on the my device.

I'm not seeing any tiny arrow.

Attachments

• New.jpg
    New.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 33
I'm not seeing any tiny arrow.

The item you scanned isn't clearance, so the option won't come up.. it would pop up on that menu if it was clearance to print a clearance ticket. You (might) have to be hooked up to a printer before you're even given the option though, but I don't think you have to be. (just scan the printer at any time)

Someone else using a mydevice told me that you can't sto asst case packs with them??? I use a pda so I'm not sure, just seeing if this is gonna come in an update or if that team member was correct.

Someone else using a mydevice told me that you can't sto asst case packs with them??? I use a pda so I'm not sure, just seeing if this is gonna come in an update or if that team member was correct.
You can. Ive done it. Doesn't ask a quantity, just a small alert that says do you want to STOW in (insert BR LOC here) and hit yes.

@OtherGuy & @UIguy while shooting research today noticed how I'm still used to hearing a beep for multiple facings pegged items. Is there anyway that a sound can be implemented for those again? I'm catching myself not counting everything like I should. I know I'm supposed to look but some days I get rushed to be done and I'm not thinking and being careful. Thanks!

The myDevices at my store can't pull anything from the stock room. We can use the option to fill from the stock room, but we have to ask a backroom team member to actually pull it from the system under our batch names.

This is the third day in a row that I signed out a mydevice that didn't beep when you scan something.. Does anyone know how to fix it? The ipood's volume was all the way up every time.

Just how bad is everyone's research lag? Every main scanning day, we split up and it takes each of us 2+ hours just to scan our one designated block of aisles.. Ever since the mydevices. My TL keeps doing mysupports for it.

This is the third day in a row that I signed out a mydevice that didn't beep when you scan something.. Does anyone know how to fix it? The ipood's volume was all the way up every time.

I have yet to figure this one out.

Just how bad is everyone's research lag? Every main scanning day, we split up and it takes each of us 2+ hours just to scan our one designated block of aisles.. Ever since the mydevices. My TL keeps doing mysupports for it.

I dont do research, but its horrible for pricing. It will move fast for a few minutes, then slow down, get even slower, and then the app will crash. So I have to go back into the app, rescan my printer, and put auto print back on if I need it. Repeat every 20 minutes or so.

Anyone have any favorite features or functions of the MyWork app that might not be widely known?

One of my favorites is being able to change the quantity of labels and/or signs in a batch to be printed before you close the batch.
Know how if you go to print a label without being connected to a printer it'll create a label batch? I found out a while ago that if you then go ahead and connect to a printer and make that label again, it deletes the label batch for you. At least I think so; haven't tried it recently.

Other less favorite features I've discovered:
-Toggling from MyProgress back to Research-mode MyWork will kick me out of research and back to normal MyWork.
-If you're on an aisle in the task list and update counts on something that isn't in that aisle, MyWork moves you down another item on the list. For example if its telling me to scan E10 but I go ahead and change a couple things in E9 I forgot to earlier, MyWork will tell me to go scan E12 or something instead. E10 and E11 are still there, it just moved me past them. Not sure if it does this with RIGs too.

Know how if you go to print a label without being connected to a printer it'll create a label batch? I found out a while ago that if you then go ahead and connect to a printer and make that label again, it deletes the label batch for you. At least I think so; haven't tried it recently.

Other less favorite features I've discovered:
-Toggling from MyProgress back to Research-mode MyWork will kick me out of research and back to normal MyWork.
-If you're on an aisle in the task list and update counts on something that isn't in that aisle, MyWork moves you down another item on the list. For example if its telling me to scan E10 but I go ahead and change a couple things in E9 I forgot to earlier, MyWork will tell me to go scan E12 or something instead. E10 and E11 are still there, it just moved me past them. Not sure if it does this with RIGs too.
I.detest.that.so.much! I end up accidentally skipping aisles and I don't notice until I'm done with my block.

Are you sure your not in Price Change mode? That's the only mode that beep every time you scan something. Every other mode doesn't beep except for the initial barcode scan.

Last edited:
I detest researching because of this. I believe that the guys from HQ on here said with the next release next month that it should have a speed increase implemented. I sure hope so.

Back