MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Yeah, that's some minor info that changes how you pick which device you want. With that update they are removing Stand Alone RSCH & Instocks applications.
If your store hasn't gone to the post it signs it also starts force printing them...big change if you aren't expecting it.

Update to myWork was a success! Though I was very disappointed that the supposed fix to the scanner did not happen. Though it did not quit working on me today, it did on my TL's myDevice a few times. But I love the label batch dropping when you tie and STOWing & TAKEing.

Update to myWork was a success! Though I was very disappointed that the supposed fix to the scanner did not happen. Though it did not quit working on me today, it did on my TL's myDevice a few times. But I love the label batch dropping when you tie and STOWing & TAKEing.
I found that just hitting the power button to put it into sleep wait 3 sec turn the screen back on and wait 5 seconds in mywork before doing anything. I think part of the problem is the initialization of the scanner slead can be halted by pressing the side buttons too quickly when it comes out of sleep. Makes me wonder if that's an issue with the sled or how aggressive the power saving is on the ipod.

I found that just hitting the power button to put it into sleep wait 3 sec turn the screen back on and wait 5 seconds in mywork before doing anything. I think part of the problem is the initialization of the scanner slead can be halted by pressing the side buttons too quickly when it comes out of sleep. Makes me wonder if that's an issue with the sled or how aggressive the power saving is on the ipod.
I would think it's an issue with the sled. Pressing those buttons shouldn't affect the sled in any way until it's ready to scan, at which point it should start scanning.

I would think it's an issue with the sled. Pressing those buttons shouldn't affect the sled in any way until it's ready to scan, at which point it should start scanning.
I would think it's an issue with how the app activates the sled to scan. Mine quit on me once today. Had to switch iPods today because the first just stopped connecting to the tcwireless and refused to connect no matter how hard I tried. It's a love/hate relationship with them.

I've been trying this out and it works. However, I have had times when the mydevice will refuse to recognize the scanner even with a complete restart, forcing me to swap it out. That seems to happen when more often when the device is under 20%.

I've been trying this out and it works. However, I have had times when the mydevice will refuse to recognize the scanner even with a complete restart, forcing me to swap it out. That seems to happen when more often when the device is under 20%.
Have you tried lifting the iPod out of the case from the connector, then back and try scanning again?

Well, my store got the update with STO, "Stow", and SUBT, "Take".

I like that doing Plano backstock is a lot faster since I don't have to toggle to do SUBT999 :D

I am officially over these pieces of crap. For the past week everytime i get one, either the scanner won't work period, or it won't connect to tcwireless. We currently have 4 fully functional mydevices out of 30. What a serious waste of time and money these are.

I'm trying to get up to speed as fast as possible with the MyDevice, after being handed one (as there were no PDAs available) with little to no training other than, press here to scan for item location. Where can I find info on how the device operates, functions etc? Also is this something I do on my own time, or should Spot provide "PAID TIME" for training? We were told last week that after the last update to so such said MyDevice, that only the BR will be using PDAs going forward?
One last word of caution, use the MyDevice for work functions only, as Spot can track everything you do while logged in with your TM#. Last but not least be sure you "SIGN OFF" to avoid some unscrupulous character from using the device under your log in.

I'm trying to get up to speed as fast as possible with the MyDevice, after being handed one (as there were no PDAs available) with little to no training other than, press here to scan for item location. Where can I find info on how the device operates, functions etc? Also is this something I do on my own time, or should Spot provide "PAID TIME" for training? We were told last week that after the last update to so such said MyDevice, that only the BR will be using PDAs going forward?
One last word of caution, use the MyDevice for work functions only, as Spot can track everything you do while logged in with your TM#. Last but not least be sure you "SIGN OFF" to avoid some unscrupulous character from using the device under your log in.
I wish TMs would sign off after they are done with them. It's easier to track who checked one out/in and at what time on Workbench.

Ditto on what Hardlinesmaster said. Everything we have come across on them we have mostly put in this thread. We had a few people from HQ, like @UIguy who would fill us in on things to come. Unfortunately I'm not sure what happened to his visits. Haven't heard from him since Nov. or Dec. It might take a while, but you will get a lot of info from the thread. Come across anything we haven't discussed, then feel free to ask.

That is why competent programmers in well run companies will not send out updates without error testing and bug checking. Will an issue still occur?
Sometimes but not nearly as often. Nor will it take months for an update to correct the issue to come online.

I do hope youre not critiquing Target for this.

Thats a common thing for programming

Last edited:
I wish TMs would sign off after they are done with them. It's easier to track who checked one out/in and at what time on Workbench.

Last time I checked the tracking was only available for PDA and LPDA devices. That was a few weeks ago. Most TMs are good about using the equipment logs though.

Does anyone know if there is a way to see the last selling price of a Clarence item that went salvage? The MyWork app just shows 0.00 as the price and that it went Clarence when you scan an item. I know the PDAs listed these sort of items as discounted but had the last known sale price.

Does anyone know if there is a way to see the last selling price of a Clarence item that went salvage? The MyWork app just shows 0.00 as the price and that it went Clarence when you scan an item. I know the PDAs listed these sort of items as discounted but had the last known sale price.
I think only the PDA item search shows this, although I've seen a price listed above the 0.00 indicating salvage when scanning with the mydevices, although that might be full price and not last selling price. I still grab one of the LPDAs for guest service, one of the reasons is being able to get the last selling price. Other reasons are to sort stray (it's a lot quicker than using a register), and to take defectives back to receiving and scan them into the pallets. At my store GSTMs are expected to do this at least once a day (ASANTS).

Last time I checked the tracking was only available for PDA and LPDA devices. That was a few weeks ago. Most TMs are good about using the equipment logs though.
It's a new quick Link called "Equipment Control iOS" if you have the STO, SUBT, TOSS myWork update then your store should be reporting on the report.

Back