MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Sorry for so many questions. If the scanner status says not connected, and scanner battery just says " - ",can I fix it without calling the CSC? I let the device sit in the cradle for an hour.

When you put it into the sled does the green light on the top of the sled blink? If there is no light, then the sled isn't being charged. Also when you plug it in the iPod should show the charging on the screen. If you got the first but not the latter then somehow the connection between the sled and iPod is bad.

If after you have confirmed it is in fact charging and have tried rebooting it/restarting the app and it still didn't work my hunch would be that there is a hardware issue with it, like maybe someone dropped it too hard and broke something.

i sometimes got this i cliked on the of the screen anywhere on the screen middle top and the camera pops up and you can scan that way it takes a lot longer but scans !!
I had to use that the other day when the sled battery died but the iPod had full battery. It was nice until I had to scan BR LOC barcode. It won't scan those.

there is 1 my device where when we do the pfresh order, anything we scan it comes up with pampers to order.
scan bananas and it asks How many do you want to order for pampers ??
scan gala apples how many do you want to order for pampers ?? We must be getting too many pampers in by now !!!!

what is wrong with this my device. Just have to go get another my device and the order works fine.

Can you just take a pic of that and post it, please. I just want to see it.. Cause I thought ours were F'd up.. :)

Is the issue possibly that you aren't scrolling down to the next date where the item is no longer on sale?
Otherwise would it be possible for someone to either raise a CSC ticket or share a DPCI that this doesn't work on?
Had to print display 3x5 signs for baby furniture.
3x5 from clicking signs gives sale sign
Generic 3x5 at to of list when you click all choices gives sale sign
Below this is a division header with next week's ad date-it should show the regular retail price and well print the real generic 3x5. Will try to remember to take a pic tomorrow.

Did inventory with a myDevice. Much better than a pda for me. Battery lasted fine. Not having to remember PLU's is fantastic.

I've done inventory twice now.. First was with the mydevice and second with the PDA. I feel like it went a lot faster the second time around but I'm not sure if that's because I knew the process better or not. Also, I took care of all the meat so I didn't have to use PLUs much. Having been BR for most of my Target career, I just think typing numbers feels more natural with a PDA. Also, I brought a physical calculator from home and I liked that better than switching apps.

there is 1 my device where when we do the pfresh order, anything we scan it comes up with pampers to order.
scan gala apples how many do you want to order for pampers ?? We must be getting too many pampers in by now !!!!

what is wrong with this my device. Just have to go get another my device and the order works fine.

Had that problem when the myDevices first rolled out and ORDER was added.

Lol. Pretty awesome though. Made me laugh.

All of the MyDevices in my store do that. We called the CSC and did not really get anywhere with it.
Your's makes more sense to me, as that's a data setup issue in your store and calling the CSC is the correct thing to do. What has your store been doing for Order since you have this issue?
The store that only had one device with this issue kind of makes me think the device was pointed at the wrong store as it should be a storewide issue.

Had to print display 3x5 signs for baby furniture.
3x5 from clicking signs gives sale sign
Generic 3x5 at to of list when you click all choices gives sale sign
Below this is a division header with next week's ad date-it should show the regular retail price and well print the real generic 3x5. Will try to remember to take a pic tomorrow.
Talked with the print teams yesterday and the long of the short is it's not a MyDevice issue, but a print wide issue as the system will automatically print out the sale sign no matter what the device asks for.
The main issue I heard was that the standard 3x5 display signs shouldn't be up when there is a 3x3 sale sign as the prices won't match and confuse the guest. So in this scenario are you all turning these display signs around when there is a sale and then turning them back after you take the sale sign down, or what do you do there?

I've done inventory twice now.. First was with the mydevice and second with the PDA. I feel like it went a lot faster the second time around but I'm not sure if that's because I knew the process better or not. Also, I took care of all the meat so I didn't have to use PLUs much. Having been BR for most of my Target career, I just think typing numbers feels more natural with a PDA. Also, I brought a physical calculator from home and I liked that better than switching apps.
If you are doing meats with the MyDevice you can just scan the random weight barcode and the device will automatically enter the weight for you, no extra calculator needed.

Talked with the print teams yesterday and the long of the short is it's not a MyDevice issue, but a print wide issue as the system will automatically print out the sale sign no matter what the device asks for.
The main issue I heard was that the standard 3x5 display signs shouldn't be up when there is a 3x3 sale sign as the prices won't match and confuse the guest. So in this scenario are you all turning these display signs around when there is a sale and then turning them back after you take the sale sign down, or what do you do?.
3x3 sticky sign is put over display sign. Just like any other original price on a shelf. Here's a screenshot from kids clothing on sale. Normally 14.99 right now 10.99.

Attachments

• 20150820_113559.jpg
    20150820_113559.jpg
    844.9 KB · Views: 33

Whe have 1 mydevice that does this at my store, too. If you switch to another device it works fine.

I had that one in my store. real fun in electronics. scan a book , how many pampers to order. i gave up after an hour

Your's makes more sense to me, as that's a data setup issue in your store and calling the CSC is the correct thing to do. What has your store been doing for Order since you have this issue?
My store is not a pfresh so only Starbucks has had to order things. They have always borrowed a PDA out of habit.

So in this scenario are you all turning these display signs around when there is a sale and then turning them back after you take the sale sign down, or what do you do there?
The white 3x5 is also the fact tag a lot of the time. We usually need to keep those faced out so guests can flip the 3x3 sales sign up and see the product info.

If you are doing meats with the MyDevice you can just scan the random weight barcode and the device will automatically enter the weight for you, no extra calculator needed.
There's some stuff in the back that doesn't get weighed until it gets worked to the floor so the calculator still comes in handy ;3

Our biggest block goes up to 90. Stretches all the way along the back wall.. Sans grocery of course. ;)
Our largest is 63. Electronics, entertainment, auto, not mini seasonal but like the mini mini seasonal? Then the one corner of the back wall of seasonal all the way up to electronics with the TV wall.

There's some stuff in the back that doesn't get weighed until it gets worked to the floor so the calculator still comes in handy ;3
The only one I have is ribs. I weigh them in stacks of thirty pounds or less and put the scale stickers on the front of the case. Beats box top math...
N79?! Damn. How long is that block?
Hanging kids. So fixture numbers are likely just fubar cause the sltl is a complete idiotic c-u-next-Tuesday.

I wish it was easier to search Target.com from myWork.
Let me elaborate a little. When searching myWork, i feel there should be a Target.com link on every page. When you reach the first page where it gives you a list of departments, there should be a link to see online results. And even better if there's another link once you do choose a department. So far I think I've only seen a link for target.com after you select "find elsewhere," and it directs you to one item [correct me if I'm wrong). A broader search from myWork would be very useful.

The only one I have is ribs. I weigh them in stacks of thirty pounds or less and put the scale stickers on the front of the case. Beats box top math...
Depending on the time of year, we usually have copious amounts of SOME kind of meat in the back freezer and it's simply WAY too much effort to take it all up front to be weighed. These last two inventories, it was ribs. Going into June, we had half a pallet of the St. Louis and the short rib varieties. I'm dreading the next time TINV rolls around because we'll have our turkey trailer by then and you better believe it will be chock full for inventory. We keep most of our random weight pork and steak in their cases so it's much easier to breeze through, during my prep, and total the partial case and full cases and write it on front. We also have a bunch of quarter, half and spiral hams that wait on racks until they can fit on the SF. I just make a precount sheet during prep so I don't have to scan 72 individual things.

Let me elaborate a little. When searching myWork, i feel there should be a Target.com link on every page. When you reach the first page where it gives you a list of departments, there should be a link to see online results. And even better if there's another link once you do choose a department. So far I think I've only seen a link for target.com after you select "find elsewhere," and it directs you to one item [correct me if I'm wrong). A broader search from myWork would be very useful.

You are correct in how it works.

Now to take a step back, I'm curious what are you using Target.com for so often that you'd like to reduce the number of clicks from 2 to 1, is there a particular piece of info you are looking for?
Also I'm not sure what you are referring to by "first page where it gives you a list of departments", where in myWork do we have a list of departments that you choose from? Are you referring to the task list of price change?

Back