MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I'd love your feedback on your biggest pain points working in the store. This could be process related or really anything! Well, besides interpersonal issues. I don't deal with those. ;-) Leaving this open ended but any and all problems are welcome! I'm looking at developing process/technical solutions for 2017. Think- "If I didn't have to do _____, my day would be so much better." Or "I waste so much time doing ____, there's gotta be a better way."
This was brought up in another thread.

Item capacity is a good practice. Adjusting them so that we get more accurate replenishment really helps. The problem is that changing capacities on multiple items becomes very tedious and time consuming. As it is right now, we have to scan an item, manage inventory, hit capacity, and finally enter the quantity. Then we have to do it again for each item. I'd love to see a way to create a batch of items and change their capacities in one click. Maybe a way to designate that 1 facing has a capacity of however much fit, so that capacities in second locations also get changed.

All I know is, right now, the process is really unintuitive and it makes me not want to invest my limited time into it.

Another thing I'd love to see is more of the profiles, such as "Research", "Price Change", and the like. I think changing the default screen based on what you're focusing on doing could make life a whole lot easier. Maybe if you're in a "Fill" profile, when you scan an item it brings you right to a screen to start creating a batch. Standalone EXF was pretty much perfect when it came to doing this.

Last edited:
The problem is that changing capacities on multiple items becomes very tedious and time consuming. As it is right now, we have to scan an item, manage inventory, hit capacity, and finally enter the quantity. Then we have to do it again for each item.
Maybe they could do something like they have with QMOSing where you QMOS one item and then it assumes you are QMOSing the next item and automatically goes to that screen without needing to hit those buttons. It makes QMOSing a lot faster because it's a process where you will probably have tons of items to do in a row.

Maybe they could do something like they have with QMOSing where you QMOS one item and then it assumes you are QMOSing the next item and automatically goes to that screen without needing to hit those buttons. It makes QMOSing a lot faster because it's a process where you will probably have tons of items to do in a row.
Bcode on the mydevice works like that too. Should be incorporated into everything may require more than one scan.

Missing label and changing the automatic label size. Printing a 3x5 or shelf label on the hip printer.

I waste so much time having to manually change label sizes on the computer when I used to be able to do it so much more quickly on the PDTs. If we're going to be forced to use the myDevices for something all functionality should be preserved.

I was QMOSing yesterday and after I QMOSed one item the next item I scanned it stayed right on the QMOS screen. Super time saver!

I waste so much time having to manually change label sizes on the computer when I used to be able to do it so much more quickly on the PDTs. If we're going to be forced to use the myDevices for something all functionality should be preserved.
Thank you! I've tried for years now since we have had them and I can't make them see why need all label size options back that were on the PDA!!!

Thank you! I've tried for years now since we have had them and I can't make them see why need all label size options back that were on the PDA!!!

Sorry, correct me if I'm wrong but don't we have that option? When the printer gives me a short label and I wanted a regular sized label, I'd hit "See more option" and then select the label size regular.

Sorry, correct me if I'm wrong but don't we have that option? When the printer gives me a short label and I wanted a regular sized label, I'd hit "See more option" and then select the label size regular.
Shelf label gives you the default size picked by corporate. Had to look myself, but it does appear there is now label generic and short generic options. Still won't give me cosmetic sized though.

On the myDevice you can select a regular or short label, but then it's just a generic label. No schematic information, which is fine if you're flexing but if you're setting a POG or REV it's useless. Also no option for Small.

On the myDevice you can select a regular or short label, but then it's just a generic label. No schematic information, which is fine if you're flexing but if you're setting a POG or REV it's useless. Also no option for Small.
i miss being able to use the PDA under generic label to scan and quick print labels on the fly, or the store apps to shoot multiple 3x3's. on the my devices i have to click "print signs" then shelf label, rince and replease for each and every label. and 3x3's take just as long with extra finger actions. I miss the PDA for those options.

i miss being able to use the PDA under generic label to scan and quick print labels on the fly, or the store apps to shoot multiple 3x3's. on the my devices i have to click "print signs" then shelf label, rince and replease for each and every label. and 3x3's take just as long with extra finger actions. I miss the PDA for those options.

That's what really frustrates me about the myDevices, nearly everything is slower or just missing. It's like the people who approved them never had to work with a piece of equipment in their lives. Disappointing all around.

Hi. (New BR member.) At GS we are expected to do the RFIDs, which I have no problem with, but most of the time the MyDevice won't link. The other day we had 5 MyDevices that wouldn't even boot. When I explain the issues to my GSTL I'm just told to do the RFIDs when I can. No real solution is offered. Frustrating.

Hi. (New BR member.) At GS we are expected to do the RFIDs, which I have no problem with, but most of the time the MyDevice won't link. The other day we had 5 MyDevices that wouldn't even boot. When I explain the issues to my GSTL I'm just told to do the RFIDs when I can. No real solution is offered. Frustrating.

All the ones that will not boot up send for repair! Now!

Once you've scanned the items you want labels for, you can go to you batch and adjust the quantities (by tapping on the quantity in blue on the left) so you're not doing it over and over again. The 3x3s will need to be printed at the sign & label PC for now. That was a decision beyond my scope of work.

Anybody have any opinions on having a store forum on myDevice? With the ability to message individuals, groups, and post everyone (in the company) similar to how it is on this site? I'm playing with this idea...thinking we need something for stores to talk easier with each other and field to talk to stores and vice versa.

Last edited:
Anybody have any opinions on having a store forum on myDevice? With the ability to message individuals, groups, and post everyone (in the company) similar to how it is on this site? I'm playing with this idea...thinking we need something for stores to talk easier with each other and field to talk to stores and vice versa.
I'm not really interested. As much as we talk about helping each other out when I emailed the stls I know personally for help with signing stuff I got one reply. Most people can't be bothered to read email, no way can they add in a forum...plus doesn't redwire have something like that for notes?

In theory that sounds promising...but I don't trust every single team member in the company to use it in a respectful and positive manner.

I'm not really interested. As much as we talk about helping each other out when I emailed the stls I know personally for help with signing stuff I got one reply. Most people can't be bothered to read email, no way can they add in a forum...plus doesn't redwire have something like that for notes?
Redwire does have a similar function. Most people do not know it exists.

I used it for leaving messages to others without having access to email and let the people know I left a message on Redwire regarding project xyz.

software has to be horrible on them. CSC doesn't even bother trouble shooting, and so many are just not booting. its not a damage, its equipment. most of the fixed barely last a month.
Some of the ones that won't boot are due to the iPod not connecting to the sled (so the iPod doesn't get power). Others get stuck on the Apple logo screen because someone tried to jailbreak them. Pretty much all of the issues I've had with myDevices in the last year have been hardware, not software. They just aren't built for commercial use, so they wear down over time. We've had them for a couple years now.

Some of the ones that won't boot are due to the iPod not connecting to the sled (so the iPod doesn't get power). Others get stuck on the Apple logo screen because someone tried to jailbreak them. Pretty much all of the issues I've had with myDevices in the last year have been hardware, not software. They just aren't built for commercial use, so they wear down over time. We've had them for a couple years now.

It's not even that some tried to jailbreak them, they haven't been updated in so long that they eventually lock up since they are so out of date. Then you have the ones where the sled won't keep a connection cause of hardware failure. Add in the horrid cradles that just suck with not enough of the damn things so you could have some out of service to charge while others are in use = frustrations for everyone!

I've been having trouble using the search functionality in my work. DPCI's work fine, but broad searches work 1/3 times.

Back