MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Anybody have any opinions on having a store forum on myDevice? With the ability to message individuals, groups, and post everyone (in the company) similar to how it is on this site? I'm playing with this idea...thinking we need something for stores to talk easier with each other and field to talk to stores and vice versa.
I think some individuals would spend more time messaging each other than actually working.

Hi. (New BR member.) At GS we are expected to do the RFIDs, which I have no problem with, but most of the time the MyDevice won't link. The other day we had 5 MyDevices that wouldn't even boot. When I explain the issues to my GSTL I'm just told to do the RFIDs when I can. No real solution is offered. Frustrating.

Don't know if you have already solved this problem... I just saw it. One thing we realized we were missing in linking the My Device to the RFID scanner/gun was pulling the trigger on the RFID scanner/gun. First make sure the bluetooth is on for both devices. When the bluetooth on the My Device picks up the RFID gun then hit "connect" then look for the blue light on the side of the RFID gun to start flashing more rapidly. When that happens pull the trigger on the RFID gun. That will link the two.

Don't know if you have already solved this problem... I just saw it. One thing we realized we were missing in linking the My Device to the RFID scanner/gun was pulling the trigger on the RFID scanner/gun. First make sure the bluetooth is on for both devices. When the bluetooth on the My Device picks up the RFID gun then hit "connect" then look for the blue light on the side of the RFID gun to start flashing more rapidly. When that happens pull the trigger on the RFID gun. That will link the two.
Hoping this helps my gal, she's also having issues of them linking to random tm or guest phones that have Bluetooth visible. She had nightmares about rfid completion as she's top in the group and had been for some time

Oh here's one thing that bugs the hell out of me: When you're tying multiple POGs/REVs each one gets their own label batch. The old system would just combine all of those labels into one batch. We waste a lot of time and label paper printing out every single batch rather than just one larger batch.

It seems most of our video games have a capacity of at least a few hundred for each facing.

I don't think I have ever seen a fully charged MyDevice at my store.
My favorite is charged every morning. None of ours have cracked screens. Mine scans, and I've got the volume down. I find that properly used devices seem to maintain working order while those that sit because idiots say they don't work (but don't know how to use them) tend to lapse out of order.

okay so where did you find a fully charged and working myDevice that does not have a cracked screen? and I bet the scanning bit even works.

all of the video shippers we get in are so ridiculously wrong on the capacity. not 2700 mind you but in a space where 5 fit you will not be able to shove in 52.
It's a 6th generation iPod touch. Super fast, and here is the kicker: been using it since 6AM.

There's also the problem of people never deleting their label batches. Real fun coming in on Monday to all of the SPLs that got tied off and there's 3-4 screens worth of batches that need to be deleted.

I clear them out every so often.

okay so where did you find a fully charged and working myDevice that does not have a cracked screen? and I bet the scanning bit even works.

all of the video shippers we get in are so ridiculously wrong on the capacity. not 2700 mind you but in a space where 5 fit you will not be able to shove in 52.

None of ours have a cracked screen :)

That bullshit right there! Who decides what the shelf capacity is? And they aren't consistent peg to peg or shelf to shelf. Bags of cheese one peg 42 next peg 3. Same size product but way different counts. WTF?

This is something I truly have no idea how they do.

We already have that with groupme

The MyDevices have GroupMe?

Portable printers with unscannable barcodes(printer number), just type in the whole number. For ex: Txxxxprtxxxx.
That's not anything new though. Most of our printers don't have scannable barcodes, so we've been doing that from the beginning.

Back