MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Not sure if this has been posted yet but I found out something cool the other day.

On the top right of the work app, there are two buttons. The 9-grid (brings up the on-screen NUMPAD) and the Magnifying Glass. To the immediate left of the 9-grid, if you tap on the nothing that's there, the work app will tap into the iPod's camera and use that as a backup scanner. It sucks for books but its good for regular UPCs. Might be a thing to consider using if half of your store's MyDevices are out for repair or have dead scanner batteries.

Target Mobile showed me this awhile back and it's so awesome! I almost never get a scanning MyDevice so I used to always type in the DPCI or UPC and it would make my workload take ages.

Not sure if this has been posted yet but I found out something cool the other day.

On the top right of the work app, there are two buttons. The 9-grid (brings up the on-screen NUMPAD) and the Magnifying Glass. To the immediate left of the 9-grid, if you tap on the nothing that's there, the work app will tap into the iPod's camera and use that as a backup scanner. It sucks for books but its good for regular UPCs. Might be a thing to consider using if half of your store's MyDevices are out for repair or have dead scanner batteries.
Always a good reminder, but I shudder to think how many pages ago we found that out....lol.

Still willing to swap my spare kidney to get my hands on those new devices @mobilelady

Am I the only person angered when I see people walking around with mostly dead devices in their pocket? If we all considered iPod AND sled battery power as an easily renewable resource, most of the problems would be fixed. I wish more people could see beyond their immediate needs.

Am I the only person angered when I see people walking around with mostly dead devices in their pocket? If we all considered iPod AND sled battery power as an easily renewable resource, most of the problems would be fixed. I wish more people could see beyond their immediate needs.

I'm not quite sure what the problem is here. My store has a small selection of myDevices to pick from. Most of the time they all work. There are days when it is slim pickings and you just have to make due. It's not that I want to do my job with a mostly dead device. It's that I HAVE to use a mostly dead device to do my job.

Anyone have an issue where they drop a manual caf, and instead of giving batch options it just asks Ad Items or All Items? With no dpci/eaches control?

I still want to be able up update SFQ without creating a batch, is this possible?
You can delete the batch. I think the assumption is that if the shelf isn't full and there are more in the back, you would want to have the item pulled. I can think of far more scenarios in which you would want a batch vs when you wouldn't.

You can delete the batch. I think the assumption is that if the shelf isn't full and there are more in the back, you would want to have the item pulled. I can think of far more scenarios in which you would want a batch vs when you wouldn't.
This. I do this all the time when scanning outs and lows to just let the replenishment system do its job once the counts are correct.

New update this month adds the ability to drop product, label, or sign batch optionally instead of automatically when tying, REVs, NEWs, or SPLs.

I made a suggestion on this a few pages back. Nice to see it implemented! Thank you MobileLady!!!

@RunForACallBox or @SFSFun Can you tell me if you tie a POG while excluding the batch. Does it count on the weekly workload as both tied and batched?

I made a suggestion on this a few pages back. Nice to see it implemented! Thank you MobileLady!!!

@RunForACallBox or @SFSFun Can you tell me if you tie a POG while excluding the batch. Does it count on the weekly workload as both tied and batched?
I am not sure yet, my store does not receive the update until the 30th this month.

This update is only for the create a salesplan function in myWork. We are working on not dropping a batch automatically for REVs, NEWs, or SPL so hopefully that enhancement will come by mid-2017.
Darn. Update notes did not clarify on Workbench. Thank you for the clarification!

The Next Gen device timeline is very tentative as we're being careful to not release something that has showstopper defects on it. Only 4 stores have them right now. The full rollout is planned to be done in June, as long as things move along smoothly.
Since you are still adding features to the myDevices, does this mean that stores going to have the next gen devices, the iPods, and PDAs all at the same time?

Since you are still adding features to the myDevices, does this mean that stores going to have the next gen devices, the iPods, and PDAs all at the same time?

The test stores have all 3 of those devices, but when we roll out, the next gen devices go in and the iPods come out.

The Next Gen device timeline is very tentative as we're being careful to not release something that has showstopper defects on it. Only 4 stores have them right now. The full rollout is planned to be done in June, as long as things move along smoothly.
June! That sounds awesome! Hope everything keeps running smoothly. I'm not sure how much more I can take of sending iPods out for the Apple logo of death issue.

Oh how you love to tease me.... March is my birthday...just putting that out there

Any chance they will increase the equipment count for stores so we actually have closer to enough equipment? The Droid have to be cheaper than apple.... *praying*

Back