MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

So did the option to batch a POG updated yet in our mydevice? I read that it was only for creating a new sales planner. But today when we tried to tie a POG, no batch went in the system. So we made a batch under "manage inventory." Is that how it's done now?

We have noticed that too. It started yesterday. None of the sales planners create a batch any more. The larger POGs do, at least so far, but no sales planners will.

So my friend that works at Staples was telling me how they use something very similar to our MyDevices, but it uses an iPhone instead of an iPod Touch. He says they can answer phone calls straight from the device. No why cant Target do this :(
Lolwut, we definitely can't do that. To be honest, the MyDevices are worlds better than what we have at Staples

We have noticed that too. It started yesterday. None of the sales planners create a batch any more. The larger POGs do, at least so far, but no sales planners will.

My only gripe is the naming of the batches. It doesn't tell us the aisle number like before. Just the Dept. It's kinda hard to tell which batches goes where when we push. But overall, I like this new feature.

@mobilelady
Can we fix this batch naming issue?

My only gripe is the naming of the batches. It doesn't tell us the aisle number like before. Just the Dept. It's kinda hard to tell which batches goes where when we push. But overall, I like this new feature.

@mobilelady
Can we fix this batch naming issue?
Is this a feature listed in the update memo? Haven't tied anything since then and of course tl is off, we tied a pog and no auto batch or price accuracy batch...this is problematic.

There is suppose to be an update on the mydevice not sure when but until it happens you will have to drop manual batches. We've had the issue with both POGs and sales planners. The fills have been dropping into our CAFs which super sucks!! We have advised everyone to check with the BR to see if their POG is listed in the pulls. It's kinda crazy!!

Is this a feature listed in the update memo? Haven't tied anything since then and of course tl is off, we tied a pog and no auto batch or price accuracy batch...this is problematic.

I think there's another update this morning where if you tie a POG, it will popup an option to create a batch. Where before, you have to manually go under "manage inventory", select active items, and hit continue.

Another issue I found is when you don't have active or purge items in the back, it won't let you create a batch. So your stuck with having POG tied, but fill in TWT unchecked.

Now if there's only purge items in the back, I guess I can do that to fill the TWT?, but then I would be pulling discontinued/no located stuff I don't need.

I wonder how this will effect everyones %'s completion.

Last edited:
The rollout doesn't have a schedule yet. It changes so often it's not worth putting anything out there at this point. The Androids are in 60 stores right now most of which are in G194. The devices for the additional 50 stores in G194 went out last week. They should all have them by now.
Honestly, I would rather just have the app and put it on my phone. That would solve the 'we need to hide the mydevices' bit because some people who dont need them horde it from those who actually do.

I rearly get a mydrvice I'm perishable assistant and need one to toss. No myddvice I just toss anyway who cares about actually taking it out of the system. As long as the expired moldy food is off the shelf and in the compactor That's all that really matters.

Bring back Qmos on the PDA.
PDAs are being purged. :(

Anyone with the Zebra myDevices been able to swap a battery yet? It's not like the battery is running low mid-shift or anything, but it would be nice to confirm that it can actually be done. No removable battery was one of the biggest gripes about the iPods.

Anyone with the Zebra myDevices been able to swap a battery yet? It's not like the battery is running low mid-shift or anything, but it would be nice to confirm that it can actually be done. No removable battery was one of the biggest gripes about the iPods.
Yes, the battery is removable/replaceable. My store received 2 or 3 docks to charge only batteries (5/6 batteries per dock) with batteries to fill each slot. Along with docks to charge the device with the battery inserted.

Yes, the battery is removable/replaceable. My store received 2 or 3 docks to charge only batteries (5/6 batteries per dock) with batteries to fill each slot. Along with docks to charge the device with the battery inserted.
Right, but have you actually removed the battery yourself? Nobody at my store seems to know how to do it.

Do you know how many myDevices your store was allocated and then how many zebras you got?

Salesplanners will give you a yes or no option to batch. No puts them in the 3pm batches, yes will be similar to what you get when you are doing an inventory purge. Which is nice for the carry forwards. You can change the need on all the DPCIs to zero so nothing pulls.

Salesplanners will give you a yes or no option to batch. No puts them in the 3pm batches, yes will be similar to what you get when you are doing an inventory purge. Which is nice for the carry forwards. You can change the need on all the DPCIs to zero so nothing pulls.
Yep, told my stores team at the morning huddle today. Update to the myDevices next week. Excited to see how this goes.

I actually want to fix something, cause I remembered incorrectly, the docks are one unit. They hold 4 Devices to charge along with 4 Battery only charger slots.
--EDIT--
Found a picture.
V6gTdKP.jpg

Last edited:
Back