Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure we only got 2 of those TVs and they are still sitting on the ground near the line.

If you start the final batch at 59 does it count as rolling over?

Also does it matter if the last hour of pulls go over the limit?

If it is not finished, it rolled. And you still take the hit on your scores if your last one rolls.

If you're in a batch as it rolls over, it doesn't ding the score.
I think that forgiveness only goes so far. We were in a dairy batch with almost 200 DPCIs for our 11am pulls and, although it was the last batch and two of us were pulling it the entire hour, we didn't finish it until 12:15. That batch ended up counting against us. I think it only lets the batch slide if it's done shortly after the hour ends.

And on the note of new, inexperienced BR TLs having a bunch of bad ideas, I didn't bring any new systems to the back room when I started. I let the veterans of the back room train me and tried to use whatever ideas they had to help make things better. Not all new TLs without logistics experience have to be bad.

And on the note of new, inexperienced BR TLs having a bunch of bad ideas, I didn't bring any new systems to the back room when I started. I let the veterans of the back room train me and tried to use whatever ideas they had to help make things better. Not all new TLs without logistics experience have to be bad.
Yeah... unfortunately, our new BRTL has just be running around doing his thing, and not actually working with those who know what they're doing

I sympathize with my backroom team most of the time, but it's really obnoxious when we call for a guest pull or flexible fulfillment and get absolutely no response. Even if it's just an "Okay, I'll grab that when I can" or literally anything to show that you are listening. Today I had to have the LOD go into the backroom to check if the TM's even had walkies, and sure enough they did, but nobody felt the need to respond.

It seems more and more often lately that I have to grab a PDA myself and grab the flexible fulfillments because Backroom is just so bogged down with batches that they can't get it. We're approaching Q4 but Logistics really aren't getting the hours to compensate for it, and it's the guests that end up suffering. I find myself several times a day judging in my head whether I can risk leaving the front end long enough in order to grab that flexible fulfillment that the guest has been waiting forever for.

I'm acutally curious, what do you guys think about having these STS and SFS programs? From someone who really isn't involved with Logistics, it looks from the outside like it's a program that should be done at the DC as opposed to store level, and it looks like it just sucks up so many hours that could be better used to smooth out store operation for a better guest experience. But what do I know, I'm just a GSA.

I work with "dummy bears" in the backroom. Some of the slowest oblivious backroom team members I have ever had the misfortune of being in contact with. I clock in at 2pm to start my shift and there are two FF. One was due at 210pm and the other at 220pm. I was doing FF from 2pm to 250pm. I bitched out the backroom dummy bears and told the logistics ETL about it. They don't even check FF. Their response is "I couldn't get my PDA screen to toggle over to FF" and "we were pulling CAF batches". The fuck? You are in the backroom. You aren't immune from FF. You are in the backroom so you are responsible for it. One of the dummy bears is quite possibly the slowest backroom team member I have ever seen and the other dummy bear turns his walkie off and has earphones in both ears. Yep, ZERO accountability. Worst store ever. I love the reaction of the dummy bears when I call them out on sucking ass. They get so defensive. It's hilarious. And I tell them "it's not that you didn't pull them, it's that you aren't even checking it and you are not calling the LOD or guest service to pull the FF". Just oblivious dumbasses. Back to the slowest backroom team member ever, we were on the 6pm CAF batches and there were about 8 batches left and 7 were in receiving and the other was a huge ass DARY batch with 30 DPCI. Being the master and commander that I am, I go into the dairy cooler at about 640pm and knock that shit out in 10 minutes. In that period of 10 minutes, slow bubba had only pulled 4 of the remaining 7 batches in receiving. I had to get paper. I swear I have never seen someone that slow in the backroom. It's mind boggling. The person has been in the backroom since September. The whole grace period is over. Speed up or get the fuck out of the backroom. This person spends like 10 minutes pulling 4 or 5 batches. I can knock out 15 batches in 20 minutes.

This is my expression when I see the stupidity and just dumbassery from backroom team members at my store.

View attachment 1487

Being the master and commander that I am, I go into the dairy cooler at about 640pm and knock that shit out in 10 minutes.

Did you actually do it properly, or toss the items into random nearby carts, or burn it? You shouldn't be calling yourself "master and commander" in the backroom when you post up a thread talking about how you deliberately half ass your job.

My advise to experienced TMs that work pretty fast: do coolers and freezers yourselves. In my store, *every* new BR TM has gravitated to the cooler/freezers and I have no idea why. They take forever for newbies to do and it drives me bonkers. Just tell newbies to start with regular grocery.

Also, they tell us to do cooler-freezer stuff first so p-fresh TMs have time to push everything before they have to zone. Coolers are easy to pull *except* for all the PRO and DARY labels that don't scan. Without that problem (and the milk/leftover truck problem), I'd be in and out of coolers much quicker.

Last edited:
So our new TL decided he wants the closer to try and do this 'Daily 12 step Replenishment Routine'. One aisle, every day.

Considering there are days (pretty much every day) where I can barely get pulls/push/backstock/flexes/audit done, I don't see this going well

How much backstock does your store'so dayside/closing brtms get done? For a while now it's hard for us morning guys to come clean on open stock bc we are the only ones who do backstock. And even on the rare instances in which we do come clean... when we get back for our next shift there's already tubs and tu so of backstock waiting for us from after we leave... it's starting to dig at our morale

I close 5 days out of the week, and I definitely get a good chunk of it done. We used to be a bit better, but then our FlowTL stopped sending TMs to help, and then we banned MyDevices from the backroom, so it's mainly on us in whatever spare time we can find

When I'm the closer my goal is to bs two vehicles an hour after cafs. Most of the time there just the caf bs vehicles but if left unchecked they will get out of hand fast.

I tossed the crap onto random carts. Thanks for playing.

I challenge anyone anyone on this planet to come work in the backroom during the CAF batch hours at my turd of a store and see how you like it.
People think I make this shit up but if you worked in the backroom aka Dimension X is what I call it at my store, your jaw would probably drop off and you wouldn't be able to reattach it.

Let's see how you like squeezing through an obstacle in the freeze in order to scan locations and items. Let's see how you like printing off backroom location labels in the freezer or bakery freezer. Let's see how you like running over to the aisle that has HOME in it to pull an item that is in the CHEM batch. Let's see how you fair in Dimension X.

I just don't understand why our day guys won't backstock, not even the cafs that come back! We end up having to backstock truck cases, autofills, flow's backstock, and yesterday's cafs

I just don't understand why our day guys won't backstock, not even the cafs that come back! We end up having to backstock truck cases, autofills, flow's backstock, and yesterday's cafs
At our store they are understaffed and getting bogged down with a million little things that start to add up.

TLs keep dropping batches, guests need items pulled, the baler is full and nobody on flow is doing trash, the ETL needs everyone to work a quick two pulls each. Oh and the receiver just went to lunch, flow team went home and the food truck just pulled up 3 hours late.

I would love to backstock (seriously), but at our store, daysiders have to push inbetween CAFs.

I would love to backstock (seriously), but at our store, daysiders have to push inbetween CAFs.
honestly I don't even care that they're not backstocking, maybe they are too busy, maybe not. It's just the fact that we can't come clean so it all starts to build over the week

Go figure. Congrats on being part of the problem.

I challenge anyone anyone on this planet to come work in the backroom during the CAF batch hours at my turd of a store and see how you like it.
People think I make this shit up but if you worked in the backroom aka Dimension X is what I call it at my store, your jaw would probably drop off and you wouldn't be able to reattach it.

Let's see how you like squeezing through an obstacle in the freeze in order to scan locations and items. Let's see how you like printing off backroom location labels in the freezer or bakery freezer. Let's see how you like running over to the aisle that has HOME in it to pull an item that is in the CHEM batch. Let's see how you fair in Dimension X.

Been there, done that. All of it. Our freezer was always a damn disaster until we got an overnight guy that didn't suck but it was never an excuse to make it worse by tossing the pulls in random baskets. Missing labels is a fact of life; skip the location, finish the batch because the item might be in another location, reprint the label when the CAFs are done.

One of our HOME aisles is always host to overflow of another area. It currently hosts leftover BTS on one side and extra HBA on the other. When the amount of product that normally belongs in that aisle fills up less than 1/2 of it, it's stupid to not utilize the space when another area has FAR too much junk coming in.

Done all of these :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back