Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you burn it? Everything that came out went out. Why didn't it pull when POG was dropped and pulled and why did it fall into the CAFs?
Backroom does not pull POG batches at our store, and we certainly don't have time to do it in the middle of the autofills. It would be rewarding the POG team for not doing their job. If they want it filled, they can scan outs and pull it themselves or politely ask the backroom later in the day.

Also, they have been known to tie stuff without actually setting it.

In your case, the POG batch was probably never pulled.

In theory I can agree with burning POG items that try to come out in an autofill, but is there a more efficient way to "burn" a batch?

The only way I know is to pull everything as it comes up in the PDA and then go back and rebackstock it. ...but doesn't that take just as much time as actually pulling it would?

I'd rather be productive with "wasted" time than waste time fake-pulling it, waste time re-stoing it, then have POG waste time re-pulling it.

No doubt, it needs to be addressed so that POG doesn't get in the habit of being lazy and assuming backroom will pull, but it just seems like everyone loses if we burn the batch (UNLESS there's a more efficient way of burning a batch that I'm not aware of...if so, please share! There are times where you legitimately need to burn a batch and it drives me crazy that it's so inefficient!)

The only way I know is to pull everything as it comes up in the PDA and then go back and rebackstock it. ...but doesn't that take just as much time as actually pulling it would?
Scan the location
Scan the item
Enter the quantity and hit enter
Toggle to sto
Scan the same item
Scan the same location
Enter the same quantity and hit enter
Toggle again

Done correctly, it should take an extra 1-3 seconds to backstock each item. There's no need to ever actually physically remove the items from location.

Ahh...that's my problem. I've been a BRTM for a year and a half and still don't know how to toggle :oops::oops:

So when I've burned items I've scanned the location, scanned the item, x'd out of the batch, gotten into sto, scan item, scan location, gone back into the batch, and continue.

If I knew I was going to burn an entire batch (or numerous items) I'd "pull" the item out a bit so that it was hanging off the shelf making it obvious what it was that I needed to go back and sto.

Yea...I need to figure out how to toggle lol.

The only function that I know of that you can't toggle to is LOCU. Toggling has been a huge help, especially when doing multiple audits. Its really helpful to toggle between two audits and work at them at the same time.

The only function that I know of that you can't toggle to is LOCU. Toggling has been a huge help, especially when doing multiple audits. Its really helpful to toggle between two audits and work at them at the same time.
When do you encounter more than 1 audit?

I've set a POG, and pulled/pushed the batch myself. I then go back an check OUTS in the POG - and sure enough, there are usually a couple still located in the BR. I usually then have to go back an pull those last couple of items.

:confused:
waste of time.

Scan the location
Scan the item
Enter the quantity and hit enter
Toggle to sto
Scan the same item
Scan the same location
Enter the same quantity and hit enter
Toggle again

Done correctly, it should take an extra 1-3 seconds to backstock each item. There's no need to ever actually physically remove the items from location.
It's kind of sad that I got so used to burning batches at my old store, I had it down to pure muscle memory. Could pull and re-sto in like, two seconds flat

When do you encounter more than 1 audit?
Our store is horrible at doing audits. We hardly get anyone scheduled and we have been told to focus on coming clean so audits are not a priority. We need to find out what our ETL wants, because we have been told so many different things about the audits.

It's kind of sad that I got so used to burning batches at my old store, I had it down to pure muscle memory. Could pull and re-sto in like, two seconds flat

Knew a TM who could often stall his PDA toggling that quick. Whether it was faulty equipment or not it was still amusing.

"Backroom does not pull POG batches at our store...It would be rewarding the POG team for not doing their job. If they want it filled, they can scan outs and pull it themselves or politely ask the backroom later in the day."

My POG team never pull there own batches. The entire store operates on pandering to the mediocre TMs and doing just enough unless the DTL is visiting.

Knew a TM who could often stall his PDA toggling that quick. Whether it was faulty equipment or not it was still amusing.
Oh, definitely did that a couple times, I'd usually have to wait for it to catch up. That's one of the things I loved about the PDAs, you could type and work as fast as you needed and could just wait for it to get through everything and catch up

It only happens if a POG was set but the items in the set are still sitting in the backroom waiting to be pulled. Whoever was supposed to pull the POG batch never did, so the system sees an entire section/aisle empty and attempts to pull it in the CAFs.
I pulled the batches myself. That's why i am so baffled. I know it will drop in after 2 or 3 days but this was the same day. My support said it sounded like a tech question and to call tech support. It was strange!!

Oh, definitely did that a couple times, I'd usually have to wait for it to catch up. That's one of the things I loved about the PDAs, you could type and work as fast as you needed and could just wait for it to get through everything and catch up

JLKVwqg.png

ME

My POG team never pull there own batches. The entire store operates on pandering to the mediocre TMs and doing just enough unless the DTL is visiting.

I can see times when it makes sense for POG to pull their own batches, like when resetting things like furniture, domestics, toys and sport depending on the aisle, but at my store they had POG pull the frickin' batches for the personal care (read: deodorant and body wash) reset. 1121 eaches for body wash. Backroom should have helped.

Don't forget to have someone check to make sure the mydevice updated. Some did not so our POG problem continued.

I can see times when it makes sense for POG to pull their own batches, like when resetting things like furniture, domestics, toys and sport depending on the aisle, but at my store they had POG pull the frickin' batches for the personal care (read: deodorant and body wash) reset. 1121 eaches for body wash. Backroom should have helped.

Backroom ever doing anything for Plano? That would be a good joke at my store.

Sololy backroom responsibility pulling of POGs and sales planners. Difficult task when there is only one person and 67 POGs in the gun!!!

67?? Christ, I thought my store was bad for often having 30+ in the gun.

Omg, how does this happen? I've seen 8 or so at best on a big set. I'm assuming someone is tieing all the pogs when they arrive instead of when they are set? We'd get a lot if shit if we did that.
Some longer aisles have up to for pogs. Each tm can set an aisle or more, depending on how difficult the pogs. Five pog tm, one pptl, plus me can be 30 by ourselves. Two sales planner tm plus a tl, four to six endcaps each. Eight to ten with strategic re-ties. That's sixty and we've not left hardlines. Add in two sltm, plus the sltl and vml and etl-ge and you've added four to ou six pogs each there. We're at around 80. Add in tune in Tuesday plus checklane pogs.... plus any that are not pulled from the previous days... on a Monday we can easily bury the backroom. And moving forward from there is challenging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back