Archived The "Vent about all the crazy shit that happened during your shift" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody threw one of those sidecap shippers into the compactor, blocking things up. Then everyone else threw their trash on top of it. Guess who ended up digging through trash to fix it? Good thing that one TM who likes to empty cages into the compactor didn't pull that shit today too because Bad Things would have happened...

:eek: How do you even recover from something like that? Anything that isn't up in the steel is probably worthless now.

That store that went under, is in the process of being cleaned up by another company. As for the ETL-TL-TM crew, they are at my store under January. We have also been selling a lot of water, grocery, bath towels, pillows and air mattresses as a result of the flood.

If there is anyone else or known people that got affected, I wish you luck. We have people from other areas and States down here getting the city back up.

That store that went under, is in the process of being cleaned up by another company. As for the ETL-TL-TM crew, they are at my store under January. We have also been selling a lot of water, grocery, bath towels, pillows and air mattresses as a result of the flood.

If there is anyone else or known people that got affected, I wish you luck. We have people from other areas and States down here getting the city back up.
I am happy, you are safe. Spot is helping our teams out.
Preparedness Programs & Partnerships | Target Corporate
Thanks
@Backroom81

Where to begin with today? Let's see:
-2/3rds of the way through unload, we ran out of pallets. Because the backroom's behind on backstock from previous truck(s).
-My ETL thinks he's being helpful when he takes the receiving keys out of the box, puts on or near it and doesn't tell anyone. Then he seems all surprised when I go to pick up my keys, can't find them (because they've fallen onto the floor) and start calling over the radio for them. Repeatedly, because apparently to everyone else "Has anyone seen the receiving keys?" sounds like I'm calling for the STL, an ETL, and anyone else but where are my damn keys.
-A backroom TM volunteers me to make a bale even though I've already said I'm busy. I end up doing it because its just easier to get it out of the way than deal with the backroom TL who doesn't have an indoor voice.
-I keep a PDA locked up in my desk during the week so that I don't have to spend 40 minutes searching and harassing the store over the radio to get one. It wasn't there this morning so guess what I got to do? The STL finally gave up his and guess what? Its the very same one I locked away last night.
-While I was on break, one of the food donation pickup people came by. The STL told him we didn't have anything. Then when I get back, lets me know then admits that he doesn't know where we keep donations or if we even had anything ready to go.
-The dinosaur shrieking kid right behind me as I'm checking out.

Today is the closest I've come to just fucking leaving. I spent the rest of the day listening to relaxing music and reminding myself of all the things I need my paychecks for. Like maybe some counseling because this place is really getting to me.

This isn't as bad as some but yeah. This was 99.9% of the clearance I was pushing. We barely have anywhere to put these god damned things!
PicsArt_08-24-04.41.39.jpg

2/3rds of the way through unload, we ran out of pallets.
Lol, that reminds me of my store last Q4. We started hoarding FDC pallets to use on the unload.

tFcx2Jw.jpg

ah yes its good to be back whERE EVERYONE CLOGS THE BACKROOM AND DOESNT BREAK DOWN BOXES

Hey, you've got one of those Pepsi displays just floating around too! Our merchandiser said he's still waiting on if they're supposed to be tossed what. So they're sitting crammed in their backstock.

@SFSFun Ha, I suggested to the flow TL that we should use the wood pallets stacked up outside. At least until I send them all back on the sweep.

...right before we get the Halloween candy truck I bet.

Hey, you've got one of those Pepsi displays just floating around too! Our merchandiser said he's still waiting on if they're supposed to be tossed what. So they're sitting crammed in their backstock.

@SFSFun Ha, I suggested to the flow TL that we should use the wood pallets stacked up outside. At least until I send them all back on the sweep.

Our Pepsi merchandiser has been keeping that display stocked and by the checklanes. I think we have a Coke one too.

Yeah we used the wooden pallets first of course. We don't have a reason or room to stack them outside, so they are always inside and we sweep back a pile when it gets about 7 feet tall (about every other truck day).

There was an old woman using a power cart on sunday, she rolled up to guest services and asked the GSTM for a manager. GSTM did not have walkie so I called the LOD who happened to be the ETL GE. LOD was taking a few minutes to head up from the BR, so this guest looks at me and demands the LODs name (I'm just up there tryin to process some STS orders.) I tell her I can't give her that information. She starts telling us all in the nastiest tone possible that this is all going to be reported to target because she couldn't find anyone on the floor to help her (meanwhile my CTL comes up for guest service backup, and later tells us she helped this old bitch,) and the lines were too long. This woman asks my CTL for a manager. My CTL tells her she is a manager. Bitch asks for her name, my CTL gives her the nickname that we all call her and this woman says "-nickname?- yeah -nickname- my ass". At this point I'm not even hiding the dirty look I'm giving her. The guests in line look disgusted at her. Two APS walk by and GSA explains what is happening to them. LOD finally comes up and apologizes and asks what can be done to make it right. Bitch says nothing, she asks for my ETL GE's name aND ETL GE GIVES HER NAME. Bitch rolls away with her grandkids.... Like what makes you so entitled. Safe to say we were all laughing at her after she left.

Hey, you've got one of those Pepsi displays just floating around too! Our merchandiser said he's still waiting on if they're supposed to be tossed what. So they're sitting crammed in their backstock. Toss the vendor displays. Don't let crap like that be in the way. I may have keep moving our fixtures and displays from one place to another but not vendors.

tFcx2Jw.jpg

ah yes its good to be back whERE EVERYONE CLOGS THE BACKROOM AND DOESNT BREAK DOWN BOXES
Wow, that's insane. At my store, we're expected to break down boxes before putting them in the backroom. I can't imagine how much messier it would be if there were carts everywhere.

Some dude left a basket full of eggs and produce on an empty shelf in promo. I thought we were going to have to qmos it all until he showed up to retrieve it five minutes later.

tFcx2Jw.jpg

That is so not allowed in my store the only time you see anything close to that is when overnight is still working and the cardboard guy hasn't started yet. And you bet that would all be cleaned up by the time they left. And boxes need to be broken, and those detergent boxes X cut so they crush. Oh hell no to this!

That is so not allowed in my store the only time you see anything close to that is when overnight is still working and the cardboard guy hasn't started yet. And you bet that would all be cleaned up by the time they left. And boxes need to be broken, and those detergent boxes X cut so they crush. Oh hell no to this!
I can already hear the cries of "TEAM TEAM TEAM WHAT ARE ALL THESE CARTS DOING BACK HERE YALL NEED TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR TRASH" right now

Somebody this weekend decided to steal the receiving key. The key that opens my desk, the compactor, the dock doors, the storage units, etc. So I spent all day freaking out until the PMT (only other person who seemed to think this was a problem) found it. On the backroom keys. Because it wasn't bad enough that they like grabbing my keys before me in the morning already.

I should just take the damn things home with me.

Considering I just got back from urgent care because I've had tightness in my chest and anxiety for two fucking days, probably in no small part due to this job, "special" is as good a word as any to describe how I feel about Mondays.

Somebody this weekend decided to steal the receiving key. The key that opens my desk, the compactor, the dock doors, the storage units, etc. So I spent all day freaking out until the PMT (only other person who seemed to think this was a problem) found it. On the backroom keys. Because it wasn't bad enough that they like grabbing my keys before me in the morning already.

I should just take the damn things home with me.
When I got the receiver postion I got my own set of keys. I have keys for the doors,compactor door and wave and stacker. I had to sign a card from Ap that I have them. I have to admit I like not having to wate time every day looking for keys. After all when your not there ETLs and srtls have their on set.

Receiving keys are missing again and its the entire set this time. My ESIM sort bin is full the worst bagged shit I've ever seen, such as "leaking bottle of Dawn soap in a Ziploc bag." ETL-Log thinks "sweep" is code for "magic elves take anything I don't want back to the DC, no questions asked" and gave me two pallets of Sterilite and pillows. One of those DPCIs is actually on the sweep. ONE. The rest it won't let me add but that might be because he thought it was a good idea to have most of it all pulled before checking with me. I'm "missing" two Salvage pallets and I can't tell if its because I misplaced the salvage sheets or they're missing because somebody thought they'd help me keep salvage from piling up on the weekend. And by help, I mean pull the mostly-full pallet out from under the steel and throwing it on the line, unwrapped.

Fucking Mondays.

So right last minute before we had a visit the LOD had me touch up grocery a bit and when I got to the section with the fruit cups I found a box that was almost COVERED in mold. It was fuzzy but slimy enough for some of the mold to be smeared all over the fucking shelf too. This would also be good for one of the gross threads.
I can deal with other things. Shit. I'm even desensitized to vomit because people like to puke in my store sometimes and it always seems to happen when I'M there. But I fucking cannot deal with mold at all. Fucking disgusting disgusting AGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back