To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that one TM: Did I hear that right? Did you really just ask me to close the dock door after the truck left, because you don't know how to? Either you're an idiot or you're too lazy to a) do it yourself or b) come up with a better excuse than "I can't figure out how to pull a rope down."

TToSTL: Don't blame me for the people I'm covering for not coming back on time and therefore making me late. I don't appreciate it either and your behavior makes it worse.

To whoever in my store is deciding how many cashiers are closing (whether it's our STL or the current ETL-HR): we are a huge store! It's nonsensical to have one closer and tell the GSTL or GSA to start asking cashiers to stay later. How is one person supposed to zone all lanes, cart well and dollar spot while being stuck on a lane until after midnight (and then somehow get out before 1am)? You guys are crazy.

ttotm who makes the schedule,
I have closed for three. months. straight. this is not an accident. this is on purpose. throw me a fucking bone once a month and let me leave while the sun is shining. just because I'm the only one who doesn't have children doesn't mean I don't want to do stuff in the evening.

To those team members: Stop complaining about being scheduled to work during the super bowl. As long as you’re scheduled within your availability, it’s your fault for not requesting time off. And I hope you weren’t serious when you said you’ll callout, that puts a burden on everyone working that night.

Last edited:
I always wondered how grocery stores got those to stay together. I also see that causing issues when guests try to buy one of the ones from the display to St to spite employees, and getting pissed when they cant.
A store near me uses double-sided tape. That way, they stay together, but can also easily be taken apart.

I'm pretty sure our display wasn't glued together because guests have been taking soda from the front part. The main display is much taller than the one posted above though, so you'd need a ladder to take one from the top.

I'm pretty sure our display wasn't glued together because guests have been taking soda from the front part. The main display is much taller than the one posted above though, so you'd need a ladder to take one from the top.
The front part on ours isn't glued, but the back part that gets really high is.

By the way, the picture makes it look like it's easy to knock over, but don't forget these are long boxes with 12 cans in it. It's pretty stable even without glue.

TToSTL

For real man, you da real mvp. I hear about STLs who do fuck all when it comes to physical work and yet you consistently are helping up at the front lanes, pushing CAFs, zoning, helping guests, and even putting stuff in the compactor. You say hi to every TM and ask how they're doing and you're just so laid back. You really make it feel like we're all really a team.

Sorry the Raiders didn't make it to the Super Bowl tho

To that one ETL:I heard about what you told another team member about me being from “a rich town” and having “a lot of money”, and to that I say FUCK YOU. Yes, my parents had good careers and gave me a good foundation in life, but almost every expense from me comes out of my own pocket. My parents taught me to save my money and spend it wisely, and at $10 per hour I make just enough to get by. Not to mention I worked very hard to get a college scholarship. So while you’re making a 60k+ per year salary, you shouldn’t be making assumptions about other people’s wealth.

Oh, I left out one detail. My ETL said those things because another team member told him I should get a raise (thank you), and that was his response. If you feel I shouldn't get a raise, fine. But don't justify it by saying "he's from a rich town", I feel insulted.

Last edited:
TToTM

bless your soul

bless it so hard

You help me through these low hour weeks by giving me literally any shift I want of yours. And you work 6:30 to 11 weekdays often, which is one of my most ideal shifts. (She already has a full time job and was a seasonal that was kept, but she didn't really want all these hours they give her so she gives me any shift basically)

TTOTM: I know having to answer the phone in the fitting room is annoying, but for the love of GOD, please transfer to the right department. NINE calls today were transferred to electronics that were actually for cleaning supplies. And when I asked you, you claimed they all asked for electronics. The lady specifically looking for laundry detergent asked for ELECTRONICS? I don't think so. I think you just weren't paying attention.

TTOLOD: Thank you for understanding how frustrating it is to work with two idiots who refuse to do reshop but act like they run the store. It's annoying having to baby-sit them (STOP THROWING BALLS BY THE BOAT), but at least your support helped.

To that one ETL: When we're understaffed in the backroom and the largest CAFs of the day are about to drop, that's not the best time of the day for us to make a bale. Why didn't you have your FDC team do it when they were done working the truck? We ended up having to get help with the CAFs so they wouldn't roll.

To the ETL-Log: Yes, it's ridiculous how much dry market push there is. But don't yell at me, I didn't tell the market closer to call in. Oh, and you're welcome for making a bale and backstocking everything (including the freezer!) so your flow team wouldn't have to re-push anything.

TTOTMs, were you angry when the LOD let some of us leave before you? Well maybe if you guys did not stand around and talk and play with your phones you could have finished your zone and reshop too. We finished and then came over to your area to help you finish your zone. Five. Yes, five of you were all in a little huddle talking and playing with your phones. I would not miss any of you if...

TTOETL: When half the huddle is reduced to tears while your chocking out words while your breaking down, I hope that you realize for the past 3 years how much you have done for this store and how much we all care for you. I am so happy about your promotion to STL, but saddened that we will lose an amazing ETL :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back