To that one Team Member - II

Cheap art, loosely defined. Andrew Wyeth, Albert Bierstadt, Frederick Remington---true art.

Most of my ink is in memory of people I have lost.
It is a way of creating a living memorial to them.
It is very much art.
Oscar Wilde said, "There is nothing art can't express. One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art."
Those of us with ink wear our art.

I think Target is just satisfied that someone shows up. If crop tops, nose piercings, excessive tattoos, bra straps showing, and 2 inch pointed nails at GS doesn't get you dress coded then chewing gum is likely off the banned list. Or it just depends who you are . Guys can't put their hoodie up but girls can cut up their Target tees to show belly buttons and bras...
Who decides what amount of tattoos are excessive?

Crop tops and anything more than an errant bra strap showing, that's another story.

Cheap art, loosely defined. Andrew Wyeth, Albert Bierstadt, Frederick Remington---true art.
Says you. Tattoos can be beautiful and very artistic. I love my tats, and most have meaning to me. Not that that's necessarily a prerequisite - nothing wrong with someone getting a tattoo simply because they think it's pretty or cool.

Crop tops and anything more than an errant bra strap showing, that's another story.
Exposing ones art to the public in employment as Guest Service rep...1 is excessive. It's distracting, selfish and self centered.

This tm cut the TM shirt in order to drape off the shoulder " flash dance" style and expose her entire mid drift. While wearing black shorts. This is our employee of the month.

TTOTM chewing gum is a vile and disgusting habit and should be banned from the sales floor. We had one slob who would chew constantly while speaking with customers/guest as the case was. Never cared for the term Guests. It projects a very sloppy unprofessional appearance.
I'm not a gum chewer and wouldn't call it "vile and disgusting," but when our grocery department expanded during remodel a few years ago, we were told that gum was a no-no. Doesn't make any difference to some TMs and I do think it's sort of gross to be chewing gum in a public-facing job.
Once found a wad of chewed gum while unpacking a repack box. That was fun.

I think Target is just satisfied that someone shows up. If crop tops, nose piercings, excessive tattoos, bra straps showing, and 2 inch pointed nails at GS doesn't get you dress coded then chewing gum is likely off the banned list. Or it just depends who you are . Guys can't put their hoodie up but girls can cut up their Target tees to show belly buttons and bras...
Seems like there's always someone who enjoys pushing right up to the line and then jumping over it. We have a TM who takes OPU orders out to guests and they have a lot of piercings. Can't think of anyone now, but we've had TMs in the past with a lot of tattoos. (Some current TMs have a few and our SD has a pretty prominent one.) We had a Muslim TM who wore a hijab. All that is okay.
But I do wish dress code would be enforced more that it is. Pants are mostly okay. The problem is shirts. Almost anything seems to be acceptable. I'm waiting for someone to wear something offensive to see what, if anything, happens. Once upon a time, a TM was told he wasn't allowed to wear his red "Peanuts" Christmas-themed shirt. Those days are long past.

Seems like there's always someone who enjoys pushing right up to the line and then jumping over it. We have a TM who takes OPU orders out to guests and they have a lot of piercings. Can't think of anyone now, but we've had TMs in the past with a lot of tattoos. (Some current TMs have a few and our SD has a pretty prominent one.) We had a Muslim TM who wore a hijab. All that is okay.
But I do wish dress code would be enforced more that it is. Pants are mostly okay. The problem is shirts. Almost anything seems to be acceptable. I'm waiting for someone to wear something offensive to see what, if anything, happens. Once upon a time, a TM was told he wasn't allowed to wear his red "Peanuts" Christmas-themed shirt. Those days are long past.
Our store is pretty liberal with tee shirts too. I pushed the boundaries once and wore a black Rolling Stones tee with the red lips and got called out by my lead. They are fairly new though - I've forgotten to change before work and wore other tees with no red and not been spoken to, but that lead wasn't around.

Ive said it before so repeating, we had a guy who frequently wore a Redskins jersey. He was a cashier, not sales floor, so i think thats why he was allowed.

With there being a counter and a cash register there, he was clearly staff. On the sales floor hed be a ninja when it came to spotting sales foor staff.

Dickin' around the Christmas tree
At the Zoomer party house
Zoomer fun where the cameras can't see
Every manager tries to stop

Let the Zoomer spirit ring
Later we'll do some actual work
And we'll get some coaching

You will get a cringey feeling, when you hear
Voices yelling "let's be jolly"
Deck the halls with hits of molly

Have a crappy holiday
Everyone slacking merrily
In the new old Zoomer waaaaaayyyyyyyyy

... The problem is shirts. Almost anything seems to be acceptable ...

... Our store is pretty liberal with tee shirts too ...

They've handed out red vests at our store. Now TMs, and leaders sometimes, too, are wearing whatever shirt they feel like and just putting a red vest on over it.

It's how I found out my ETL had recently seen Ghost in concert.

They've handed out red vests at our store. Now TMs, and leaders sometimes, too, are wearing whatever shirt they feel like and just putting a red vest on over it.

It's how I found out my ETL had recently seen Ghost in concert.
Does anyone else think this looks like the Target version of Walmart garb? I think it looks sort of sloppy.
Appearance aside, I like keeping my work clothes and not-work clothes separate. Working truck means my shirt often gets some kind of goop on it (leaky soap or body wash or mouthwash bottles are not uncommon) and little holes develop after a while just from handling so much cardboard, I think. And then there are those boxes that the DC must have found sitting on a top shelf somewhere, there's so much grimy dust on it. I'll keep buying red shirts at a thrift store.

It was lowkey handy/enraging at my old store when truck team bingbongs would lift cartons of liquid Bounce over their heads and hulk-slam them down which almost invariably resulted in the bottles splitting open along their molding seams, and which sometimes resulted in me getting a good gurgling sploosh of fabric softener down the front of my red and khaki. Now on the one hand, what the fuck are you scrubs still doing here, but on the other hand, when you're living on such an intensely austere budget as to forgo buying fabric softener, it was kind of dope to get home after the shift and toss the sticky soaked uniform into the washer with the rest of my laundry and have it all come out super soft and smelling pretty fire for zero extra dollars. One particularly tight week when I was down to my last fifty bucks I can recall even wringing that shit out into a Pyrex bowl and reusing it for at least 3 more loads...ahhh yes, third world problems in a first world country

It just drives my crazy having team members working side by side. It does not take 2 to push a sofline rack or a flat bed of mdse to and from the floor. Both walking to the back and both throwing cardboard and trash. Then taking both still walking together to backstock and grab another flat. Softlines does the same one person pulling the z rack while the other one walks along. Softlines around the fitting room doing reshop but no sense of urgency. Execs and team leads see this but nothing is said. The absolute worst was during remodel seeing a larger groups doing this.
It's like Andrew's vendor has 3 mdser come in they do the exact same thing. From the recent reset and displays changing there's more backstock than usual. They were
discussing what might go out. I recommended using their phones. One goes to the floor and the other 2 can say what we have and how many is needed for the floor.

It just drives my crazy having team members working side by side.
Other than soft lines break out and the occasional complicated and large POG, I completely agree. There are two TMs at my store who very often somehow end up working together and - can this possibly be coincidence? - they happen to be in a dating relationship. They're both so slow. She's in school and will be leaving when she finishes her degree; hope he'll leave too. I have no idea why their TL lets them get away with it.

I'm with you both there. Before they both quit, we used to have two team members who would VERY REGULARLY do repacks together (we don't even get that many) and work on one barely filled uboat together. I'm not sure why it was allowed, especially since it took them the same time to get one uboat done that I'd get two done...while they are two young and completely able-bodied individuals

Back