Archived Visit tomorrow wonder if I should ask what happened to my 2015 vacation pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, even if you were going out the door so you really had nothing to lose, you wouldn't get a straight answer anyway.
It would probably me mealy mouthed corp speak about streamlining the process and making sure the hours are used expeditiously.
The only way you might get results is if every TM asked them, then it happened at the next store and the next...

It's in the "vacation payout" section on myTime self service "use vacation/personal holiday" or something like that. You can request it be added to your check up to your average hours for the week you add it to. I'm not sure if you can request more, I haven't tried.

It's in the "vacation payout" section on myTime self service "use vacation/personal holiday" or something like that. You can request it be added to your check up to your average hours for the week you add it to. I'm not sure if you can request more, I haven't tried.

Very true. Used some myself to pad my paycheck for the week since my hours were down.

Thanks all. I've been frustrated w the run around at store level. I'm usually over my scheduled hours. Maybe later in the month I can access vacation pay. I don't want to see corporate legislate it out of existence.

Working over your scheduled time. Will increase your average hours. It had impacted had the upper mgt even more with the changes.

This whole "well-being" time is complete bullshit, and they have it setup to make it as hard as possible to use what little of it you do get. I'd be really interested to hear from anyone who uses it to see how easy or hard it was to get approved.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, I found the entire pay and time off guide buried on the pay and benefits website, and it's quite an interesting read.

You can get to it this way:
- targetpayandbenefits.com
- Menu
- Pay & Time Off
- Time-off Program Guide for Non-Exempt Team Members (near the bottom)
- Time Off (near the middle)
- Time Off Program Guide for Non Exempt TM

Wait, you can use vacation hours on days you didn't request off?

During my years at spot, I checked my hourly avg & any week that was below that I used PH or vac to bring it up because in my early years I accrued it faster than I could use it.
In later years I used it during times like now when hours were cut to the bone but my avg was still high because if you DON'T, your avg drops & it will be harder to use without actually taking time off.

You might want to use every hr of vacation you can as it accrues, if your
terminated tomorrow or decide to quit you lose it all. Thats so unfair

Give your notice just after you request your time off, so you take a paid vacation between jobs.

Give your notice just after you request your time off, so you take a paid vacation between jobs.

That's what's going to happen, anyone that is quitting will just not show up to use the vacation time they have accrued. Its a really dumb move from corporate.

That's what's going to happen, anyone that is quitting will just not show up to use the vacation time they have accrued. Its a really dumb move from corporate.

Exactly. And it's not like they can deny it. Cause on your first day of vacation walk in and drop your notice. This issue has really angered me, I earned that time off, been denied so many days off in the last few years and scheduled on approved days off they can kiss my ass. Cause this is exactly how I will go out.

All cause they want to keep money they are on hook for.

Matbe the store I worked at was different, but if you needed your hours, you asked for them and they were put in your check, provided you didn't go over your average hours.

Do you lose vacation hours if you quit? Or is it you sick time? I thought it was your sick time.

Ahh, I guess it's a way of forcing people to take vacation. Where I am now, we loose vacation time if we don't use it by jan 15. The cold months are our slow time so it doesn't matter if you use you time this time of year.
If you have a planned vacation in February or March, manager can over ride the hours until then. They have been trying to force people to take their days so that they don't lose them.

This whole "well-being" time is complete bullshit, and they have it setup to make it as hard as possible to use what little of it you do get. I'd be really interested to hear from anyone who uses it to see how easy or hard it was to get approved.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, I found the entire pay and time off guide buried on the pay and benefits website, and it's quite an interesting read.

You can get to it this way:
- targetpayandbenefits.com
- Menu
- Pay & Time Off
- Time-off Program Guide for Non-Exempt Team Members (near the bottom)
- Time Off (near the middle)
- Time Off Program Guide for Non Exempt TM

Yeah, the big change here is spot watering down our vaca time - that time is money. Money we've earned.

Basically, the wellbeing 4 hours is spot saying "Please bend over, get ready, and remember to breathe while we do our business back here. Oh but here's a pillow! Yay!!! Now, doesn't that make this all easier?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back