Archived Wanting to join AP, how to go about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive been working with target for nearly a year and I'm now the brand team member for my Department. My store never seems to real want to put me there but it's something I really want to do, what's my best course to go for joing assets protection.

Apply for a transfer at another target location or for a position at another company. Not sure why, but it seems like AP prefers to hire from the outside. Even in the rare occasion that they hire internally, they hire from a different store location.

Last edited:
Check to see if your store has a position open for TPS. If it does, apply through eHR and talk to to both your ETL-HR and ETL-AP. Make sure you show genuine interest and that you're not a horrible worker in your department. If all goes well you'll get two interviews, and a third one if they liked how you presented yourself in the first two. I went from the backroom to TPS doing this. It wasn't easy and there were a lot of politics involved but it's possible.

What are the "politics" I am very interested as I deeply care for the safety of the team and protection of the company's integrity.

As someone who was a TPS, the best thing you can do is befriend the current TPS/ETL-AP. When there is an opening, express interest in it. If you're studying some type of law enforcement classes in college that might help too. Ultimately the ETL-AP decides if they want an internal/external candidate. Keep in mind, its much easier to go with an external one since then you don't have to worry about the potential TGT TM being "too friendly" with other TM's/ hanging out with too many TM's outside of work. AP doesn't like that since that will question if YOU can be trusted with all the sensitive information.

Another route, which I would HIGHLY recommend is going to LPJobs.com
You'll have much better opportunities finding AP type of work there and you can skip the politics game.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

I make lots of friends with the AP TPS's and know at least 7 APS's I was really close to getting a AP position but then my old ETL moved me to a brand team member and now moving anywhere seems impossible. They treat me like shit but then are pissed when nothing's right I can't stand doing the revisions and shit.

I didn't think about the friends thing... I talk to nearly everyone, time to push them people back.

other route, which I would HIGHLY recommend is going to LPJobs.com
You'll have much better opportunities finding AP type of work there and you can skip the politics game.
well damn, didn't realize there were so many ap jobs in my city. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back