Who else is having issues with set hours being wrong?

For this week, 3/24, the set workload for my store is 41 hours. Wrong. I spent almost 8 hours just redoing 4 winndow dressing aisles. They were disasters. The seasonal wall, still chock a block full of winter product, is only 2 hours. LOL there. It'll take me over 2 hours just demerchandising it. Our ETL is adamant they are correct. I guess he needs to hire someone to replace me then. This is as good as it gets with me.

Anyone else have this issue?

I had an issue for how long it was suppose to take to set the pen aisle. It was suppose to take under 4 hours yet every single peg hook moved. By the time 4 hours hit I still had 2 more sections to set.

Well according to my etl, we are the only store struggling. Why do they do this? ETL: You suck. We are the only store not all green in metrics. The TV wall? I could do that with my eyes closed. You only had to put up 15 tvs. That's only like (counting on fingers) 3 minutes. Why are you so slow?

Hire someone else then. If I'm setting a pog 9r a 100% revision, I'm cleaning.

Well according to my etl, we are the only store struggling. Why do they do this? ETL: You suck. We are the only store not all green in metrics. The TV wall? I could do that with my eyes closed. You only had to put up 15 tvs. That's only like (counting on fingers) 3 minutes. Why are you so slow?

Hire someone else then. If I'm setting a pog 9r a 100% revision, I'm cleaning.

I think your ETL must not realize how easy it is to fake those green metrics.....

This is why they moved me off the floor. I wouldn't bullshit them about how long it would take me to do a flat no matter what the dang paper said. They'd shove it in my face like corporate says it should only take this long!

As if a flat full of H&H, including multiples of that stupid cake platter, including time throwing out trash AND doing reshop, would EVER be done in 1 hour. The stupid TL even had the gall to tell me "make a game of it and see if you can get it done in under 1 hour"

Oh right I forget changing the signs on sunday too...

Target wants as much productivity as possible from each TM, and as a result, they set impossible expectations. And we've been on this trend for a long time. I remember when we used to have 3 people in each department, 2 zoning and 1 doing reshop. Or remember wave zones? Those days are long gone.

Target wants as much productivity as possible from each TM, and as a result, they set impossible expectations. And we've been on this trend for a long time. I remember when we used to have 3 people in each department, 2 zoning and 1 doing reshop. Or remember wave zones? Those days are long gone.
It changed when pay went to $15. They want to make sure they get every second of work out of you if they’re gonna pay $15.

We had a system. It worked. If everyone finished their shit early we'd all go to food and help them and then that was it, you went home. We had a backroom team backstocking right off the truck. It was amazing.
Working for a new company/warehouse I am constantly amazed at just how much standing around people do. Even sitting on pallets right in front of management. This isnt some mom and pop nobody business either, international $$$ logistics company doing very well.

I keep wanting to walk up to people and help them find more work to do but then I realise this isnt Targét and I need to adjust. Its honestly so hard. I sometimes just twiddle my thumbs waiting for work to do. 15 minutes of hell, the feeling of need to look over my shoulder, worried someone will come yell at me for not working every single second. Target has me trained well...

We still have multiple people that bowl. If the work gets done in time, do whatever you want flies with our leaders.
You are talking about someone choosing to bowl their own personal vehicle and then immediately work it, I assume? Still a far cry from the time there was a dedicated team that pulled pallets off the line and bowled them nonstop during the unload for everyone to stock when the trailer was done. I dont even think most stores unload early enough to bowl after the unload is done anymore. Most stores unload at 6am nowadays right?

No we unload at 4 and than truck team wave pushes most of gm side. No bowling. Those were the days. I miss them lol

Getting back to the original question - no, the POG hours are all over the place.
My latest favorite example is Electric Toothbrushes. I think it was listed as needing just over 31 hours to do. My eyebrows went way up when I saw that! It definitely did take a while: new backer paper which meant all the pegs had to come down even though they stayed mostly in the same places and new display models installed in a new fixture. So yes, it took me a while, especially to get the booger old display fixtures removed, but it was more like 4 hours, maybe less.
It goes the other way too. A couple transitions ago I looked at Liquid Hand Soap, allotted something like 2 hours maybe, and thought it didn't look too bad and I could get it done no problem. Wrong! I can't remember the details now, but it took way longer than it said. It's definitely not a hard POG to do, but so much stuff moved.
So your ETL doesn't know what they're talking about. Those numbers are just suggestions, and not even very good ones. I've been told that it depends on how many DPCIs are in the POG and a couple other factors, but it's not accurate at all.

I can only speak for my store: when it comes to Domestics it’s gonna take a while to set. Overpush, Clearance, and the fact it is NEVER zoned. Two aisles today and I had four flats of backstock and clearance. Then four more flats of push from the pulls. And it is no picnic pulling in Domestics backroom aisles. You know this.

Some POGs are overstated, some understated. My experience is that it is more or less correct in the larger picture.

The one thing I have a problem with is that GM TL-with Cross area ownership (AKA previously Merchandise Operations), I am really only given hours based on Set Workload, and absolutely minimal for Pricing. I created a fairly sophisticated Price Change weekly hours forecast report that uses HQ's very own labor standards for estimating what we will need allocated for Pricing tasks alone, and NEVER get it. So what does that mean? It means a lot of clearance and salvage activated without ever actually finding it. My metrics stay green and nobody complains. I could let my metrics go red, but nothing would change other than me getting harassed, so what's the point?

Some POGs are overstated, some understated. My experience is that it is more or less correct in the larger picture.

The one thing I have a problem with is that GM TL-with Cross area ownership (AKA previously Merchandise Operations), I am really only given hours based on Set Workload, and absolutely minimal for Pricing. I created a fairly sophisticated Price Change weekly hours forecast report that uses HQ's very own labor standards for estimating what we will need allocated for Pricing tasks alone, and NEVER get it. So what does that mean? It means a lot of clearance and salvage activated without ever actually finding it. My metrics stay green and nobody complains. I could let my metrics go red, but nothing would change other than me getting harassed, so what's the point?
I agree that overall, the hours equal out on overstated times versus understated times. The issue is that any weeks we are done early, we get pulled to support other areas. For example, the week of personal care, we were done on Thursday. But instead of getting a jump on building baby furniture or such, we spent the day pushing freezer. Then if we fall behind on the understated weeks, we get no support help. Oh well, not my problem.

Back