Archived Why does salesfloor Zone items in empty spots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
we dont even have caf pushers in my store, instocks and flow usually does it, when they leave, salesfloor does it. they ususally dont have a pda so they really backstock it

Does the bread isle matter? I remember when I used to spend like an hour in that isle trying to put everything in the right spot. One time I tried back stocking the little Debbie brownies but a manager said no flex it because it's vendor. So now I just do a quick zone in that isle. Vendor people tend to put stuff wherever they want to.

Does the bread isle matter? I remember when I used to spend like an hour in that isle trying to put everything in the right spot. One time I tried back stocking the little Debbie brownies but a manager said no flex it because it's vendor. So now I just do a quick zone in that isle. Vendor people tend to put stuff wherever they want to.

You don't back stock vendor, or if you do its rare very rare, almost all of the soda isle is the same. Just make sure its neat clean and contained to their space. Vendors bring in product, and maintain it for the most part so if we back stocked it they would never know where the product went. And we would never pull it since we don't scan it for In-Stocks.

I don't understand why leaving the spot empty isn't an option. It's not like anyone is going to buy it because it's sitting in a spot next to where it's supposed to go.

1) Walmart takes a public beating for having empty shelves - so Target wants to beat them in that category & do whatever they can to avoid the same fate.

As soon as the public takes off the blinders & sees that there is very little difference between these 2 corporations as far as business practices, Target will continue to shoot for just above the bottom of the barrel.

In the bread aisle I always just pick up the strays and make sure nothing's falling off the shelves. We are responsible for Hostess products (twinkies, mini muffins, chocolate cupcakes, etc). Sodas: at my store we do fill, zone & RSCH "Mexican coke," Nestlé Milo, India Malta, Sidral Mundet, Mineragua & Jarritos (all next to each other in a 2ft section). The vendor products usually have the name of the vendor in the upper right corner of the shelf label (coke, Pepsi, Nabisco, Kellogg's, frito-lay, Borden, etc)

The bread vendors are the very worst vendors. 2 of them arent even on the survey so they just do whatever the heck they want and dont give a $%^&#. I have gone through the bread aisle multiple times put everything in the right location and then later that week everything is all flexed out everywhere and some product has 3 labels at different price points even though its the same product above all 3 labels...drives me freaking crazy!!!!

My store doesn't even carry the MP round top bread, but it's always there where the thin sandwich goes.

I loved it when the bread vendors would change the signs on you or rip out the strips and flip them over.
Hey smeghead this is done to planogram, I don't care if you don't have that product today and want to fill the product with WW bread instead.

I'd say our bread vendors are horrible people who do all these things. They are. Our milk vendor is just worse. I have a seething hatred of those assclowns.

I'd say our bread vendors are horrible people who do all these things. They are. Our milk vendor is just worse. I have a seething hatred of those assclowns.

How? All the Milk Vendor has to do is leave you milk...we work it out and all that

Not leaving enough to last between deliveries so we're constantly out of stock. Not leaving any extras for the specialty stuff, and making it so that we leave it to them and they insist on stocking the shelves. They leave expired product up there for weeks. Being inflexible about anything we need, and being idiots to boot. I can go on.

Not leaving enough to last between deliveries so we're constantly out of stock. Not leaving any extras for the specialty stuff, and making it so that we leave it to them and they insist on stocking the shelves. They leave expired product up there for weeks. Being inflexible about anything we need, and being idiots to boot. I can go on.

Two words: Vendor Scorecard.

I'm not a PA, I just play one on TV. The PA who essentially runs our p-fresh hates them just as much as I do though (we technically have a CTL on the roster but he's been on LOA since like the week before the AE2014 meeting at my store), and I guarantee she didn't pull any punches with that. So far they remain though.

I'm not a PA, I just play one on TV. The PA who essentially runs our p-fresh hates them just as much as I do though (we technically have a CTL on the roster but he's been on LOA since like the week before the AE2014 meeting at my store), and I guarantee she didn't pull any punches with that. So far they remain though.

What about your friendly neighborhood receiving TM? They might be able to do something.

She's well aware of how terrible they are as well. Not sure if there's just a lack of milk vendors around here or what but they're still here.

Ah...luckily we are the first stop on his route and we have his bosses number so if we ever run low we can just call him and they usually send someone out to give us whatever we need. Its usually just the non target brand we run out of. The MP milk we almost always have enough of.

What about your friendly neighborhood receiving TM? They might be able to do something.

Another reason why vendors are for the most part not too much of a problem at my store. My receiving TM is an allstar and is heavily involved in vendor relations.

For milk specifically just mark them red every week on the vendor scorecard and do a red status with them. Im sure they will get the message. I would also try to find the contact info for their supervisor and work it out that way.

I know for Mission if they get red for X ammount of weeks they can get fired

As an update I talked to the PA who does the vendor scorecard, they've been red for weeks along with about 5 other vendors (Kellogg's, Dreyers, etc.). So far nothing has come of it. Red in both salesfloor and backroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back