Archived cashier problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I wonder how these people can even drive the way they act while checking out

Let's just say they help the police reach their ticket quotas. :D

Close sign

Not every store has closed signs. I wish we did, then we would know which registers we shouldn't use because nobody tells us they're broken.

Boy do I love bagging like half the guest's stuff only to hear "oh I have bags!" and see them fish them out from under a ton of other items and then they want everything OUT the plastic bags and into their reusable ones. This happens so often...so often.

Boy do I love bagging like half the guest's stuff only to hear "oh I have bags!" and see them fish them out from under a ton of other items and then they want everything OUT the plastic bags and into their reusable ones. This happens so often...so often.

Nope sorry what is bagged stays bagged from then on I will use their bags. You don't like it, you just got free trash bags - deal with it.

Not a problem while cashiering, but a problem with a new-ish cashier....I was checking out AT MY OWN STORE after my shift, wearing my name badge, in red & khaki. She had rung me out earlier that day. I gave her my TM card to scan and for some reason it wouldn't scan, so I said, "just type it in." She said, "I can't, it's against the rules." I said, "what? Just type the numbers in off the card..." She says again, "no, we can't, it's not allowed. You might be using a fake number." I said, "I just got off work. It's my card. You can type the numbers off it." She says, "no, I can't." I said, "trust me, you can. Here's my red card. The name matches. It's a valid number. I don't know why it's not scanning, I used it earlier today, you rang me out! Let me call the LOD over and she will tell you it's fine." She says, "fine, but that's the only way I'm doing it!" Call the LOD over, who says it's absolutely fine, that sometimes the cards don't scan for whatever reason, the only time they "technically" aren't supposed to type in the numbers is if someone gives them verbally. She just says, "okay, whatever." SERIOUSLY?!?!?! Then, a coupon won't scan, she says, "I can't take this, it won't scan. It says you don't have the item." I said, "I DO have it, it's right there!" She says, "well, it could be fake..." I said, "seriously? Do you really think I'm going to fake a TARGET coupon and use it at the store where I work?" She says, "I don't know, I don't know you..." Call the LOD back over, who again tells her to accept the coupon. Needless to say, I told her ETL about the entire experience....if she's going to treat a TM like that, I can just imagine how she's treating GUESTS!!!

Wait'll she comes over to the pharmacy for her prescription:
"Do you have a valid ID? Have you taken this before? It's denied because you're refilling this too early. You're out of refills & it'll be a while before the dr's office gets back to us. Sorry/not sorry."

Ah yes I almost forgot about one of my other problems

Running out of bags. Bonus points for a long line of guests and no GSA in sight. Good workout running around through the check lanes desperately screeching "wHO HAS BAGS I NEED BAGS????" and then seeing all your fellow cashiers shake their heads sadly looking at their depleting rack of bags knowing they're next.

Those guests who make you check every single item that you've scanned to see the exact price. And then yell at me because they didn't factor in the sales tax.

Those guests who make you check every single item that you've scanned to see the exact price. And then yell at me because they didn't factor in the sales tax.

I just turn the screen so they can read it, I can't be bothered.

I'm a Gsa and one day my LOD told me to talk to one of my new cashiers about the red card procedure. As I was training him on what it required and how to do them, a couple comes through the lane and I allowed the cashier to ring them out. He pressed the total key and asked me another question. As I began to answer him, the lady in line shouted at me "can you not talk to him so I can concentrate?" Both me and the cashier stared at her dumbfounded. So apparently I'm not allowed to answer questions my cashiers have. Stupid impatient people.....

I get the kids who pay for their own little toy/gum/thingy and only have exact change. Mom/dad comes storming over to whats taking so long and I tell them there is tax on said gum/toy/thingy and they get huffy with me. I've had exasperated parents complaining, "there's a tax on toys?!" Yes, imagine that!

I think this is the right place to put this little rant/story?
Today this very disgruntled, grizzly woman comes to me as I'm working the sales floor and asks where the mouthwash is. I gesture and begin to tell her it's just down two aisles on her right, when she stops me in a whiny, exhausted tone that she can't find it on her own. So I very politely tell her I can take her there and walk her to the aisle. After she yells that I'm walking too fast, she finally finds her precious mouthwash. I walk by that area a bit later and see her going through her coupons. OMG. I just knew this lady was going to be a pain and I avoided her as best I could. Lol.
Anyhow as soon as I saw her walking to check out I knew I would have to check her out. I just knew it. The Target Gods are always fucking with me. Sure enough everyone and their mother is heading to the lanes and I hear my name specifically called over for back up. Here we go!
I go sign in and turn on my light and go to tell a few guests I'm open. This woman comes barreling down my lane yelling "I'm first! I've gotta get out of this hell hole!" Her attitude made me so nervous but I made myself calm down and just get her out of there. I scan her few items and give her the small discount she claimed another TM promised her at the other register. Wasn't even big enough to fight about. Then I scan her coupon. Expired. I explain she can't use the coupon because it is expired and she literally begins crying right there in front of me! I tried to be as sweet and calm as possible and ask if she still wants the product. She has a huge hissy fit like I'm trying to give her a hard time. Next coupon for the damn mouthwash, omg expired. I could have died at her whiny, couldn't breathe, cries. It was so awful. Then she has the audacity to tell me I need to go back there and find her a cheaper mouthwash and maybe she might have a coupon for it. Da fak? Anyhow I told her I couldn't leave but I could get someone to go pull a product if she knew what she wanted. She didn't know what she wanted and she just kept crying and complaining that she had to go find another mouthwash. And this place is the worst and I'm the worst ever. Lol
Finally she gets out her card and it's another 10 minutes of trying to show her how to use the chip reader and more crying about how she doesn't know how to use the card and she has to go back for mouthwash. Zomg.
When I write out this whole long story it doesn't sound as hellish or interesting as it actually was. It prob wouldn't have been much to most people but I have severe anxiety. When I get really nervous or embarrassed I have a tendency to cry which is the most embarrassing thing ever. I've been able to hide this at work and don't think anyone would even know I am nervous or have anxiety most of the time. But these types of people make me so nervous. You can never please them and they will berate you and make everything your fault. But in the end I really felt bad for her but I was glad she was the one crying and not me.
Oh and after that I went on break because she did go back to look for another mouthwash. Oh hell no.

And you'd be amazed at how much of that is an act.
I've had the whiny ones kvetching about whether or not they had enough for their transactions because none of their coupons were valid & the items weren't on sale - until I suggest taking off a few unnecessary items.
I've seen them go from zero to Bitch in 1.2 seconds which completely wipes any empathy I might have harbored.

Yes! Redeye, I was thinking about that after it all happened. I sort of turned on the stone wall during the whole thing. When I realized she ended up only purchasing a nail polish and an eyeshadow I really couldn't feel bad.
I've only been at Target a little over a month so I haven't had much experience with all these characters that come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back