Archived Dress Code Clarifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target approved box cutters are suppose to be used exclusively. It is actually right on the logistics assessment. If you were to cut yourself using unapproved equipment they would have the right to deny any responsibility. Every store is so different on the dress code. One store my STL did not allow khaki colored denim, it had to be dress pants (that we don't carry) As long as our outer layer is red we can wear whatever we want underneath. Plaids, stripes,polka dots anything goes. A lot of the females wear decorative scarves. I really like the creative way team members dress. Even when wearing red and khaki we can let our freak flag fly

My last STL didn't allow anything except red and khaki. Nothing special for the holidays, no scarves, etc. However an ETL we had at the time wore a pinstriped shirt - red and white; from a distance it looked pink. We would make fun of him about it. Current STL allows anything, as long as it remotely resembles red and khaki - including wine colored shirts, washed out red, scarves, holiday apparel, hats. The target down the street allows black (!) pants.

My last STL didn't allow anything except red and khaki. Nothing special for the holidays, no scarves, etc. However an ETL we had at the time wore a pinstriped shirt - red and white; from a distance it looked pink. We would make fun of him about it. Current STL allows anything, as long as it remotely resembles red and khaki - including wine colored shirts, washed out red, scarves, holiday apparel, hats. The target down the street allows black (!) pants.

Black pants are actually brand..

As long as it wouldn't be mistaken for pink, orange, or purple, it's okay at my store. For cardigans, they said as long as our shoulders are red, we can pretty much wear any shirt or tanktop beneath. Not sure about pharmacy though.

Wow! Good to know!

It can vary but I know our food ave does black pants exclusively and I have worn them and nothing has been said. And depending there should be a poster in your TMSC of what colors are allowed, where I am at black is allowed.

Black pants are actually brand..

This. The handbook says solid colored pants, preferably khaki.

It might be technically correct in the handbook, but anything but khaki is a big no-no at my store. New people will get cute and try it once, but they'll never do it a second time!

In pharmacy, the only that are supposed to be forbidden are cargo pants and anything with a hood (although I've worn both since the "new guidelines" came out and nobody's said anything to me).

The hood clause just for pharmacy, or in general? In the winter I wore a red hoodie on days when it was cold and no one complained (I didn't have the hood up obviously), my GSTL also frequently wears a red jacket that has a hood on it.

My stores told some horror stores of heavy pallets rolling over a foot, and cutting off toes. It could have just been a state or store thing.

If the accident is that bad steel toes ain't gonna save you.
I seem to remember Mythbusters checking this out and finding that steel toes really work, and that it would be highly unusual for them to make an accident worse, validating what Bosch said.

As for steel toe boots being heavy, in my previous work incarnation I wore steel toe sneakers, bought at the blue store.

In pharmacy, the only that are supposed to be forbidden are cargo pants and anything with a hood (although I've worn both since the "new guidelines" came out and nobody's said anything to me).

The hood clause just for pharmacy, or in general? In the winter I wore a red hoodie on days when it was cold and no one complained (I didn't have the hood up obviously), my GSTL also frequently wears a red jacket that has a hood on it.
I wear the red hoodie on the floor during the winter. I make sure my name tag is shown. Just my fav gstl, who does the the same thing.

I wear the red hoodie on the floor during the winter. I make sure my name tag is shown. Just my fav gstl, who does the the same thing.

A bunch of us wear Target hoodies you know from the bullseye shop.. We were given them from management.

We once had a e h r etl who posted a poster of paint colors to show us exactly what was red and kak .....However, after a team member came in and she told them their pants were not the right color....the woman took the poster down held it to her pants...and viola they matched one of the several hues of kak...who would had thought a bunch of adults actually knew their colors....

A lot of people at my store wear hoodies, especially BRTMs during the winter. No complaints so far.
If I am backstocking in the walk in cooler or freezer , during the winter time I will usually wear my own coat. The said something about it once, when I pointed out the jackets they provided had not been laundered in over a year...they backed off

We once had a e h r etl who posted a poster of paint colors to show us exactly what was red and kak .....However, after a team member came in and she told them their pants were not the right color....the woman took the poster down held it to her pants...and viola they matched one of the several hues of kak...who would had thought a bunch of adults actually knew their colors....

You notice the operative word was a woman showed her that her pants matched.
I'm willing to bet that the average guy couldn't do that.

I tend to see colors in 16 bit myself.
There are not 30 shades of white I don't care what anyone says.

My store must be really lenient on our dress code. We can wear any shirt as long as it is mostly red. They'll even allow shirts with emblems from the local college team. We can wear any style of pants as long as they're not shorts or capris and they are some collor in between brown and white. I've seen some team members get away with peach or orange colored shirts. Some of us wear beanies. It's kinda surprising that the dress code is the one thing management at my store doesn't stress about.

I have a little bit of burgundy, but I try to stick to "Target" red. One day I wore a dark burgundy and they made me change into a Target volunteer shirt. They don't really mean "any" shade of red. As long as it is close to bright red, it's fine.

At my store, the under shirt (if any) is supposed to be white or black, but people wear other colors and they seem to get away with it.

I've seen people wear scarves and hats ( more like beret type hats) and honestly no one said anything ( at least at my store anyways) now of capris are a definite no-no at my store unless you are on carts.

In the Winter I'll wear a White or black undershirt under my Red T-Shirts.. If they have a problem with it they are welcome to come zone the Freezers.

Our store allows capri's, logo shirts, all kinds of strange things. lol They require the outer layer to be red and the pants to be some type of khaki/tan/brown color. No open toe or open heel shoes allowed. However, I did buy a blouse and clear it with my GSTL. I wore it several times, being seen by every LOD, TL and ETL in the store, including my STL with no issues. Then one day HR (who has seen me wear said blouse multiple times) magically comes up with an issue. *eyeroll*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back