Archived Is it counted against you if...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so about a month back, I changed my availability. Ever since I started last September, I've had open availability but I now needed Fridays off. So it got approved and wasn't a problem. The first two weeks, I wasn't scheduled but then for this week I was. So two weeks ago when the schedule for this week came out, I immediately brought it to the attention of my TL. He said he would speak to the ETL and in his words, "have it taken care of."

Okay all good, now I usually go by the paper schedule which cannot be changed obviously but today I went online to check the newest schedule and happened to notice that I'm still scheduled for tonight. So I immediately called and spoke to the LOD and explained to them everything I just wrote here, and they thanked for calling so it wouldn't be a NCNS and that was it.

My question is, will that count against me as a call out? Because if so, that really isn't fair since it was against my availability in the first place and I let them know right away.

It shouldn't but ASANTS; it may depend on who remembers you mentioning that.
You may have to hound your TL/ETL until it's taken care of & it will most likely happen again.
In the future, don't wait until the day of to check your schedule on-line.

Don't ever assume they will just fix it. They won't and they count on you not following up and showing up to work it. Cause they want you to work that day. Keep on them until they fix it, when they fail go to ETL HR and hound them and let them know you have hounded your TL and ETL to fix it and they failed to do so, you will not be working since you are not available that day and they scheduled you against that. You did your part, make them actually schedule according to availability they approved.

Most of the time being scheduled against your availability won't count against you. It will still go as an absence (anytime you don't report to work it has to be classified), But if they know it's against your availability they may look past it if and when they pull attendance reports (which is how my store does it, but, as they say, all stores are not the same). myTime is a lot better than MAX (our old scheduling software) when it comes to scheduling to availability -- I can set it so I can actually see when the TMs are available to make it easier -- and in a work center such as the front end where we have differing availabilities all around it's a good thing to have).

That being said, accidents happen and sometimes the system or the person doing the schedule doesn't catch it. That is why it's important to follow up. Never assume it's a done deal until the shift is taken and you are off the schedule.

I had something like that happen when I first started working there. I could only work certain hours on Thursday due to my school schedule. Things were peachy until they scheduled me outside of my availability. I told two ETL's each twice meaning I mentioned it 4 times to two different people and it never got changed. I called them up that day told them I wasn't coming and that I had told at least 2 ETL's multiple times. Not my fault it should have been changed. I even told one if it isn't fixed I'm calling out so it wasn't a surprise. I was pretty pissed though because those hours could have been shifted over to a day I already had off and I felt like I lost money because of it. They can't be mad if you're telling multiple people multiple times it needs to be changed and they don't do it so you do what you have to do it's not your fault and I don't see you getting into serious trouble for it. Plus at my old store policy allowed pretty much one call out every 30 days and some people called out like clockwork and never got in trouble.

Check you availability on-line again and make sure it reflects your new unavailability on Fridays. If it doesn't, go to your ETL-HR and tell them it was already approved and you need to have it reflected on the scheduling availability. If it does list you as unavailable, then it is up to you to bring it to management's attention as soon as you see the posted schedule. Be persistent with them until it is corrected. And, BTW, be prepared to be scheduled and working on Black Friday!

Well here's the thing, I do overnights 10pm-6am and am technically available Friday from midnight to 6am...it's that I can't work that night. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. But I appreciate all the replies guys, and the advice, should this happen in the future I will definitely be a pest lol

Well here's the thing, I do overnights 10pm-6am and am technically available Friday from midnight to 6am...it's that I can't work that night. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. But I appreciate all the replies guys, and the advice, should this happen in the future I will definitely be a pest lol

Are you using mytime self service to request days off? That's the key, if you just tell people I need this day off its in one ear and out the other. I encourage people request days as soon as you know you need them. We write the schedule three weeks in advance, also our store does first come first serve. A lot of people requested labor day off but not everyone got it because some people tried to request it like a week ago LOL. When you do it in May, we are like September 5th huh? Oh well, approved.

Now we are like, labor day? Good luck! Go ask your ETL!

Last edited:
I went through my time and changed my availability completely. It wasn't just for today, it's for Fridays from this point forward, and the change was approved. And I was still scheduled.

It is suggested to confirm if your to or understands the difference on Friday. Always follow up, when schedule goes up & you were scheduled,

Yeah I worked last night and no one said anything to me. Thanks for the advice and answers everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back