Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

There is no way our FDC team of 4 TMs can finish 3 dairy pallets and 2 freezer pallets in 3 hours Plus the PA do 1 banana 1 meat and 3 produce pallets. We average 10 pallets 4 days a week with only 4 TMs to push.

We break out occurs in the coolers, except frozen.

3 Hours and you better be done! OR ELSE! The truck better be huge, lack of TM(s) due to DC truck volume or something or some reason..

No breaks, and no lunches unless absolutely required... PUSH PUSH PUSH!

FDC team here has nothing to do with BS.. that is BRTM deal, you no mess with the BR tasks here or face the wrath of kahn aka BRTL.

That is totally brain dead, even more so than doing it in the AM, as here, but worse.. Since some of my sister Supers get 2 deliveries per day, they don't get a choice I guess. Maybe they don't work till later.. never inquired... I know my FDC team would walk out or no longer do FDC if it was not in the AM, and not with the rest of Flow.

This is why LOG process should be done during store close to store open.

This is why it is sorted in the coolers.. Pallets are dragged through the open store :eek: :eek: and shoved in the coolers, to be sorted.

If my FDC team didn't waste time down stacking they would leave in 2 hours or so.. lots of wasted payroll there.

I dont know how you can really break it down in my coolers.....If you put a pallet in there there is maybe 2 feet...maybe between the shelves and the pallet....our cooler is somewhat deep but not wide at all.

Ethnic food.... outside of "taco kits" is just a waste... those people don't shop here! They flood the local store that shall not be named. And any cult that has diet restrictions, is not anything I want to be a part of, but I don't do cults anyway.

Not sure what "cult" you're talking about but as a Jew I can safely say that plenty of the tribe shopped at the store because they knew they could pick up matzo and kosher cheese along with the other things they needed.
Sometimes items are kept as a convenience, a leader so that you can draw in your customer, make them feel catered to, and make them want to come back.
Providing the basics is important but building loyalty especially in affluent client bases takes a different approach.

Calling two of largest religious denominations after Christianity 'cults' isn't one of those approaches.

Last edited:
If you think 2% is watery I am afraid to know what the hell you think skim is.

ron-swanson-skim-milk.jpg

Simply Balanced American Grass Fed Ground Beef 80% LN 20% FT 1 lb

All the SB Grass Fed Ground Beef are still ringing up at $0.50 each. Pulled signs and item off shelf already and submitted a mysupport. They said they were working on fixing it since Sunday. Why does it take so long to fix a price error :S

I had a couple of people come through Monday and buy all the things with known pricing issues.. There has to be a mailing list or something. She showed me a picture of Nabisco's 20ct snacks and wanted to know where it was.. I wasn't supposed to see the supposed price of $2 (normally $8) and I found the whole shelf's worth at the price checker when she realized it was fixed. They also cleared me out of peach flavored Crush 12pk (which apparently is $0.50 company wide.

Can't keep an eye on it at all times to limit how much people can buy. That would just piss people off even more. So it is simpler to not fill the shelves until the prices is fixed. If people I ask, I just said we were sold out or go back to "Check" and bring out a few for them. The price was fixed as of this morning. I heard some stores in my area were cleared out by one person going around different Targets that carried it.

Not sure what "cult" you're talking about but as a Jew I can safely say that plenty of the tribe shopped

I have no use for cults, aka religion(s). Take your pick, they are ALL cults, period. Be it catholic to the first church of the grilled cheese or what ever other nonsense comes along.. CULT.

Any group which dictates something like what I eat, and/or when.. is brainwashing = CULT!

No thanks... I have no need for such crutches.I'll eat what I want when I want, how I want.

As for drawing in guests... since we don't get specific requests for this stuff who knows.. If it was a big deal then we might have it brought to our attention, but this would require some sore of special setup, ie: your kosher cooler because of those rules...I don;t see that happening here, since we can't deal with simple basic requests for basic staples.

Right now guests or potential guests are turned off because we don't have a simple everyday basic like a grapefruit. Then there is the every changing or actually the reduced basic fruits and veggies in canned goods.. Guests got used to coming in for those basic staples... next POG.. GONE! What do we have now? Stupid applesauce squeezers! :mad: Now they are shopping at the regional chains and that other store. LOST SALES! Walked right out the door because some one decided that those stupid applesauce squeezers were more important. And to add insult to the injury the removed shelfs make the aisle look empty. I've heard that many times, and "Are you taking the food out?" and the point to that aisle. Its not that TGT doesn't have them PFresh got boned out of them, Supers have them..

We need to cover the basics 100% as the 80% of the store, you want to have kosher as part of your selection of the 20% fine..but till we cover the BASICS FIRST, and TONE IT WAY DOWN on the healthnut nonsense in trying to shove someones idea of good food down mine and guests throats. The signage change in the transition from the pictures might help it appears to tone this down a little.. Not enough for me, as NO STORE should be doing it to start. Why? In 2016 in an OVER LITIGIOUS US society.. you can bet that if some can find a lawyer to make a case that you told me this was choosing well and I developed some disease from it they will sue you! You think it won't happen? BS! If some one can sue and WIN over getting a HOT coffee this can happen! If I was a corporate lawyer I would be telling my client, TGT NYET on those signs! If you want that stuff, YOU can search out that stuff in advance.

Generalizations like yours are reasons some businesses fail. I live in one of the most backwards areas of Texas, yet the shit you call a niche sells quite well, often outpacing its 'regular' competitor, and at a higher margin. Again, your view is very focused on your personal experience and is not at all a large scale view. Simplification does not work with target's current business model. If they wanted to compete with Sam's and the other bulk retailers, I could see your logic working. As it is, nope.

i wonder what HR would say about your practices.......

Pretty sure Target itself is giving employees a break if they work 3 or more hours...let me guess you have them work 2:59 haha

I am well aware of it, not my decision. ETL, Push, Go HOME! NO BREAKS! The ETLLOG and HRETL can work that out...

Most of my team would rather go home than sit around for 15 minutes. Normally flow is 4 hours.. We cut it to 3.5. So 0600 to 0930, if you want to insist on that 15 minute break then you go home at 0915. If you get to be FDC team, or some special cases and we want you to stay, the only big deal around here is that you take a lunch...

Again that too is an area where most would just soon work go home...but since this is forced they will stay up till they have to take a lunch and go home. Otherwise they won't stay. Maybe for SF its a bigger need to have a break, and lunches for longer shifts.. but since on Flow the work is basically when the freight is pushed go home! Most would rather just get'r done!

The few who absolutely have to have their break and are mini labor lawyers take it, and then I send them home at 915. I know who this bunch is, it is the same ones all the time. They are also the weakest of the team. Hence why they are not needed to stay, if we let people stay..

Generalizations like yours are reasons some businesses fail. I live in one of the most backwards areas of Texas, yet the shit you call a niche sells quite well, often outpacing its 'regular' competitor, and at a higher margin. Again, your view is very focused on your personal experience and is not at all a large scale view. Simplification does not work with target's current business model. If they wanted to compete with Sam's and the other bulk retailers, I could see your logic working. As it is, nope.

My personal view happens to align quite well with my GUESTS, and the fact that milk sells, and nut juice sits and sits and sits.. that it lasts 4x as long masks the poor sales. till you run the QMOS or look at defectives.. there is a TON of this crap on there!

The basics, milk, even that water trying oh so desperate to be milk stuff, that flies out the door! There is like two if that guests who whine about not having enough GMO free or or something that some super they went to in another area/state had.... That probably is the one and only time that something was added by guest request, it was that SB $7/lb "organic" butter.. Now it may be on the POG for more pfreshes, but its a dud here.. They buy 2-3 every few weeks, the rest will end up QMOS!

We don't have hipsters, dipsters, or millenials or any of that other nonsense here. No colleges, other than the local community college. This is family country, and they want basics, meat, veggies, milk. We need basics... bananas YES! Pineapples, NO! They just collect mold here... 2-3/day in the QMOS, so those 2 cases from today will be QMOS here shortly. More varities of potatoes like yellow, yukon, baby potatoes, etc. BASICS.... Not hand cultured organic gluten free potatoes.

I don't eat 90% of the basics, but some of this we need to have, 30 different grass clipping juices, and those disgusting juices with seeds in them ! NO! That goes over as well as that bloody meat packaging went over! FAIL! That stuff was yanked out of here! Guests refused to purchase. I watched them pick it up, outloud say DISGUSTING and literally throw back in the cooler. We have had to go around and clean it up every hour or so..

PFresh is not doing as well here as it could if we had the BASICS.

I have no use for cults, aka religion(s). Take your pick, they are ALL cults, period. Be it catholic to the first church of the grilled cheese or what ever other nonsense comes along.. CULT.

Any group which dictates something like what I eat, and/or when.. is brainwashing = CULT!

No thanks... I have no need for such crutches.I'll eat what I want when I want, how I want.

As for drawing in guests... since we don't get specific requests for this stuff who knows.. If it was a big deal then we might have it brought to our attention, but this would require some sore of special setup, ie: your kosher cooler because of those rules...I don;t see that happening here, since we can't deal with simple basic requests for basic staples.

Right now guests or potential guests are turned off because we don't have a simple everyday basic like a grapefruit. Then there is the every changing or actually the reduced basic fruits and veggies in canned goods.. Guests got used to coming in for those basic staples... next POG.. GONE! What do we have now? Stupid applesauce squeezers! :mad: Now they are shopping at the regional chains and that other store. LOST SALES! Walked right out the door because some one decided that those stupid applesauce squeezers were more important. And to add insult to the injury the removed shelfs make the aisle look empty. I've heard that many times, and "Are you taking the food out?" and the point to that aisle. Its not that TGT doesn't have them PFresh got boned out of them, Supers have them..

We need to cover the basics 100% as the 80% of the store, you want to have kosher as part of your selection of the 20% fine..but till we cover the BASICS FIRST, and TONE IT WAY DOWN on the healthnut nonsense in trying to shove someones idea of good food down mine and guests throats. The signage change in the transition from the pictures might help it appears to tone this down a little.. Not enough for me, as NO STORE should be doing it to start. Why? In 2016 in an OVER LITIGIOUS US society.. you can bet that if some can find a lawyer to make a case that you told me this was choosing well and I developed some disease from it they will sue you! You think it won't happen? BS! If some one can sue and WIN over getting a HOT coffee this can happen! If I was a corporate lawyer I would be telling my client, TGT NYET on those signs! If you want that stuff, YOU can search out that stuff in advance.

...We sell grapefruit, it's on the produce table what are you on about.

The coffee gave the woman third degree burns and she required skin grafts you dingus.

The few who absolutely have to have their break and are mini labor lawyers take it, and then I send them home at 915. I know who this bunch is, it is the same ones all the time. They are also the weakest of the team. Hence why they are not needed to stay, if we let people stay..

Wait a minute. They take their break and you send them home early?!

I am fairly certain that that is retaliation on YOUR part for people taking the break they are ENTITLED to.

If I'm not mistaken someone should call the hotline on your ass

We're an A-vol Pfresh in a cross-cut area: families, multiple colleges, tech area, rural/urban farm communities.
The so-called 'niche foods' fly off the shelves here; don't see them on the clearance endcap.
We also have significant Jewish, Hindi & Muslim communities & they shop our store because we're cheaper than the 'specialty' stores.

Back